Maximus Insurrectum Webstory

OOC: Yeah. The only problem is that NReader isn't here to listen. Assume he is, for story purposes.

/me hopes Rita doesn't keep me away for too long.

Okay, NFReader's back, so we should be cozy.

Good luck, Apple Core-if you're on the front lines in our state, there might be a bit of damage.

If you can post, chaps, go ahead. Anything but battles are fine, and if your oppenent posts, go ahead and attack-if you want.

Jimbob won't be here for a bit, I suspect, but Emainiac can take command of the fleet-if not that division in the story. Likewise, I may not be a very active player, but I will be around, if it is at all possible, for moderation.

Start goings, 'cuz we've lost a bit of flame, and the momentum won't be enough to carry this thing yet.

-Bob

Somewhere in Satori...
"Ready for transmission sir."
"Excellent." Speaker Emainiac turns to his counsel. "From this day forward, no longer shall the Rebellion stand by and wait for the Confederation to crush them like a bug. From this day forward, the Rebellion will be making huge efforts toward the obliteration of the wretched leaders and governments of the Confederation." He turns back toward the Junior Engineer. "Send the message."
"Yessir."

The Engineer checks his keystrokes on the screen, confirms the audio file to be sent is in place, and intact. His finger hovers over the Execute key. He closes his eyes, breaths deeply and activates the largest interstellar hyperspace radio broadcast ever known to man...

In the emptiness of Risa with the Gold 13 Manta Strike Force...
"Sir, how long do we have to be floating out here in this crater?"
"Until we get our ord-"
"Sir! I'm picking up a signal on the radio! Looks like it's from HQ! Damn it's strong!"
"Cap! I'm getting it too!"
"So am I soliders. Holiday, how is that possible?"
Holiday, the Long Range Radio Engineer examines the specs of the message. They couldn't have... he thinks to himself.
"They must have built one huge S.O.B. radio on Satori. Must be important."
"Then let's shut up and listen."
Their radios crackle and the clear steady voice of the Speaker streams through the speakers.
"Soliders, Allies and Enemies of the Rebellion. The time has come. The time for the rightful and just leaders of the Rebellion to become the leaders of the Free Galaxy. You have your orders. It is time to strike.
Enemies, you have the option to hand over power. I suggest, for the lives of yourselves and your people, you take this option.
Allies, the time is now, for us to stand together and obliterate tyranny from the Galaxy, join us in an unprecedented strike against the Rebellion.
All, I hope that through our strife, we can find peace."

"Boys... You heard him... Let's rock and- What the HELL!"
Emerging from hyperspace, an entire fleet, direct from Zaphod screams out of no where, dwarfing the Manta Strike Force.

"Howdy there boys."

"Sanders, I was wondering when you would come to steal my spotlight."

"Captain, you can keep your spotlight, we've come to steal the show. Got orders from HQ. You boys are to stay here, while this fleet strikes the First Blow in the new war against the Confederation."

"You bastard."

The fleet enters hyperspace again, headed for Matar.

Orders:
Zaphod fleet to Matar via Risa.
Attack at once.

Turin Fleet to Yemuro.
Attempt to establish a base of operations. Be Diplomatic about it.

Power just came back on. I'll see what I can do about doing something.

High above Earth on Stardock Alpha, nfreader looked over the printout in his hand. He called his aide into the room. "What is this?" he asked the officer. "That's the new fleet budget. You asked to see it when we finished it." "Oh. Well, uhm... how long until we can have the fleet up and running?" The aide walked over to nfreader's communications console. "Bring the entire station around 180 degrees on the X axis." Almost immediately, the entire station began to turn around, revealing a huge armada of ships. nfreader, lost in though for a moment, turned around with a glint in his eye. "You know," he said, turning around "We might just win this one".

Fleet Digest:

Razgriz Flight
Confederate Heavy Cruiser (CHC): 10x (200m)
Confederate Frigate (CFrig): 10x (50m)
----------------------------------------
Razgriz: 250,000,000 CR.

Fighter Wing "Thor's Hammer" Legion
Allocated budget: 250,000,000
Divided by two:
125,000,000 - Fighter Defense Wing
125,000,000 - Long range bomber fleet

Confederate Patrol Ship (CPS): 178x (124,600,000m)
Confederate Gunboat (CGB): 138x (124,200,000m)
----------------------------------------
Thor's Hammer Sub-total: 248,800,000 CR.

Grand total: 498,800,000

-EOF-

(Memo)
(TO) NFReader\\
(FROM) The Apple Cרre\\
(SUBJECT) Check your prices. Confed hardware runs cheaper this time around.\\
(BODY)
Confederation Patrol Ship: 500,000 credits
Confederation Gunboat: 750,000 credits
Confederation Frigate: 2,500,000 credits
Confederation Cruiser: 16,000,000 credits
\\

This post has been edited by The Apple Cרre : 25 September 2005 - 09:28 PM

The Apple Cרre, on Sep 25 2005, 09:33 PM, said:

(Memo)
(TO) NFReader\\
(FROM) The Apple Cרre\\
(SUBJECT) Check your prices. Confed hardware runs cheaper this time around.\\
(BODY)
\\
View Post

(Memo)
(TO) The Apple Cרre\\
(FROM) "nf"reader\\
(SUBJECT) Re: Check your prices. Confed hardware runs cheaper this time around.\\
(BODY)
All prices are gleaned from http://www.evula.com...ips/confed.html . Please note that your pice reference guide may be incorrect.

It's not because the official MI rules changed the prices-for balance.

-Bob

Eegras enters a small room. The walls are adorned by framed pictures of all the Admirals of the Rebellion including his. All the men in the room stand up and snap a salute, one drops a pencil from his ear.
"At ease," orders Eegras, "What do we got here?"
The man who dropped his pencil bends down and picks it up. "We have figured out a way to add 2 more swivel cannons to all our mantas. It will take anywhere from 5 days to a week." He scratches some figures on the paper infront of him. "Thats how much it will cost. We might even be able to upgrade all of the Rebellions mantas."
"Exelent. Do it."

-------------
Current Project : Manta Upgrade
Time left : 5-7 days
Prototype ships : 0
Prototype location: N/A

(Memo)
(TO) The Apple Cרre\\
(FROM) "nf"reader\\
(SUBJECT) RE: Re: Check your prices. Confed hardware runs cheaper this time around.\\
(BODY)
My prices were gleaned from the rules in Consul Bob's first post. They are indeed correct for the purpose of this webstory... but for other purposes, no they aren't exactly useful. I remember getting my first Confed Cruiser... took forever, and was slow as molasses and turned like a drunken pig, even when I got my engine upgrades in place.
\\

This post has been edited by The Apple Cרre : 26 September 2005 - 09:30 PM

Pippin slowly cracked her fingers,
The Com officer shuddered in disgust,
“Message for you miss” said the officer, and handed over a small slip of paper
Pippin took the message and began to typing

(TO): Eegras
(FROM): Fleet Gauntlet
(SUBJECT): Reply
(ENCRYPTED)
(BODY) Greeting Eegras I am interested in your offer. please send details Asap.
(/BODY)

If it's encrypted, it really shouldn't be intercepted (posted here)...

Okay, do anything and everything. Battles, research, everything. Stalling is only hurting the webstory and I shouldn't have done it to begin with.

Hopefully, I can get this position of mine pawned off so I can focus entirely on moderation.

-Bob

Back on topic, emaniac was moving his Zaphod fleet in the direction of Matar via Risa.
Zaphod fleet (emaniac):
5 Rebel Cruiser
10 Rebel Destroyer
30 Manta

Matar Fleet (Consul Bob):
40 Confed Patrol Ship
20 Confed Gunboat
20 Confed Frigate
10 Confed Cruiser

... and the Turin fleet to Yemuro. Hire me.

This post has been edited by The Apple Cרre : 28 September 2005 - 01:21 AM

ModOOC: Apple Core, please refrain from making such extravagant posts in the future.

Normal OOC: I will post my post tomorrow, if possible-provided nobody applies to take my position by then. If they do, (which I hope happens, to be honest), then I'll apply as a merc, and hopefully actually post more often.

-Bob

Guildmast vIsitor peered out of tthe station's grimy window, casting his gaze beyond the miriad trafic and the planet below--into the depths of space. Although he stood stock-still and silent, it was easy to tell that countless wheels withing wheels spun within his mind. He had always been discontent with his charge: pirates cove, a mere supply station of rouges in the night. Every once and they would have to fight-off a rebel raid or mercinary strike-force, but the entertainment was always short-lived and a boredom so deep befel the station's inhabitants that no amount of rum could cure. "All that will change..soon" he murmered silently, although not a soul dared desturb him whilst he pondered, "Should we succeed, we may leave behind this rotten hulk and onto etter lives. No longer will we be repressed by the other guildmasters. We will be seen as a legintimate power in the galaxy...as we should be." Once again, his thoughts were met with silence.

Fleet Creation:
50 Rapiers (60M cr)
125 couriers (10M cr)
75 Scoutships (6M cr)
50 Clippers (20M cr)
20 Bulk Freighters (24M cr)
40 Argosies (30M cr)
20 Corvettes (50M cr)
5 Kestrels (50M cr)
---------------------------------
Total Ships: 385 Total Spent: 250M cr
Average Ship Cost: 1.54M cr

Edit: is this more to your liking?

This post has been edited by ~vIsitor~ : 30 September 2005 - 06:50 PM

Two big things...
1: I don't think we can haul freight for credits. If we could, I have enough scoutships and clippers to compound whatever I get for my exploits to some degree. I wanna join UGE...
2: You get 250M per system (you command only one), so your fleet is too big anyway. Besides, that much firepower could bulldoze the Rebel core worlds.

In his quarters, The Apple Cרre reads the tight-beamed message on his display. He punches the comm panel. "Navigation."
A light comes on the panel on, and a filtered beep comes through the speakers.
"Set a course for the Risa system. Go through Zaphod. And cross your fingers."

This post has been edited by The Apple Cרre : 01 October 2005 - 12:21 AM

sorry, misread the rules post :unsure:

I'll change the fleet stats accordingly (and yes, i do have a plan for those things OTHER than hauling freigh dear Apple)

Hmm.

This post has been edited by The Apple Cרre : 05 October 2005 - 03:01 PM