Support EV's Wikipedia article!

(It's been nominated for improvement)

Hi all... so I was browsing Wikipedia for the article on EV (specifically EVC I suppose), and came across an interesting notice at the top of the page. See for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_Veloci...omputer_game%29

I don't know who nominated the page, but whoever it was apparently forgot to seek help from the forums, so I'm taking that step right now. So go and "voice your opinion" right now -- it shouldn't take too long, particularly if you have a Wikipedia account already.

A healthy gaming community such as ours deserves to have our game represented appropriately in Wikipedia, so let's give it its due!

Alright. From the first paragraph, it seems like a good article. I'll make sure I give a full review.

Heh... I like the Articles on Matt Burch and the ATMOS team.

Shoot, I just realized that EV is actually on the /Removed list. That means we'll have to renominate it; I don't think we'll have too much trouble keeping it on the list as long as people here are aware of it...

Only problem is, the whole improvement project thing seems a little less organized than I would think. I'm definitely a novice Wikipedia user (in terms of editing stuff; I've only done simple MediaWiki edits before), so I have no idea what the procedure is for nominating (I guess placing it in the little section on that article, though it's blank right now) or voting (I have no clue). Maybe someone else can shed a little light there...

On the whole, Wikipedia's strength is not organised procedures; if you want an article improved, you can up signs asking people to improve it, but the best way is to edit and improve it yourself.

Do I need to register to nominate? I rarely spend time on Wiki, but I'd register if you think it will help EV/ASW.

This post has been edited by Callide : 30 December 2005 - 04:02 PM

Heh.

Heh indeed... looking at the whole thing, I feel like David's right. Maybe I'll find some time to edit the thing soon.

Heh.

Deep.

Philosophical, even.

Heh.

To answer his question – no, you do not need to be a member to edit Wikipedia articles.