Questions

Some questions...

1. Where can I sell Lighting Bays? I can't find the place!
2. I've a Kestrel, but I can't buy an Afterburner! I've enough money and enough free mass.

EDIT:
3. Where can I buy these 'Bulk Freighters'?
4. I can't buy any longer Guided Missles! I've this 5 tons missle launcher and I think this is the problem. Must I have special Guided Missles for this launcher?

This post has been edited by Frequency 245 : 18 June 2005 - 02:22 AM

Earth and a few of the Pirate planets.

I am not sure.

You cannot; you must capture one, and they are not really worth it to have as a personal ship.

Guided missiles? The ones in EV use a ten ton missile rack. Are you using a plug (that may explain the lack of afterburners as well)?

Lightning bays cannot be sold, unless you are using a plug.

Are you sure you have enough money? Though afterburners are cheap, you may have quite a financial situation if you just bought a Kestrel.

The rest erikthered covered. You must be using a plug in of some sort, because not being able to buy an afterburner and a 5 ton missile rack seem strange.

I've rEVisited. There you can sell Lighting Bays, I've tried that. Thank you erikthered!
After I bought the Kestrel I had still 3 millions!
My 'light' Missle Launcher weighs 5 tons. I can't use plugs, because I've rEVisited.

What must I do to get this 'Rebel Tractor Beam'?

rEVisited (a big plug for the EVN port of EV, for those who might not know) prevents large ships like the Kestrel from using afterburners. This is just how the guy who wrote the plug likes it.

To get the Tractor Beam, you have to do a bunch of missions for the Rebels. Visit Rebel planets (especially Palshife) frequently to get the missions, and kill lots of Confeds in nearby systems so your legal rating goes up in Rebel systems.

Can I get the mission after I killed the Alien Cruiser?
(This is not so important: Where can I buy the Alien Cruiser or Fighter?)

You can get the tractor beam mission after destroying the Alien Cruiser. I don't know about rEVisited though.

Destroyer E, on Jun 18 2005, 05:38 PM, said:

You can get the tractor beam mission after destroying the Alien Cruiser. I don't know about rEVisited though.
View Post

This is also possible in rEV, I believe; in fact, I think I got the missions in that order myself.

Do I need a weapon slot for the 'Rebel Tractor Beam' missions?
Do I need a weapon slot to use it?
How much does the 'Rebel Tractor Beam' weigh?

This post has been edited by Frequency 245 : 19 June 2005 - 12:10 AM

Frequency 245, on Jun 19 2005, 04:31 AM, said:

Do I need a weapon slot for the 'Rebel Tractor Beam' missions?
Do I need a weapon slot to use it?
How much does the 'Rebel Tractor Beam' weigh?
View Post

Hey! Would somebody please answer these questions?

Frequency 245, on Jun 22 2005, 11:27 AM, said:

Hey! Would somebody please answer these questions?
View Post

Worry less!

The tractor will get added to your ship even if you don't have free mass or a free weapon slot. It may take a weapon slot, which would mean that if getting it put you over your max, you wouldn't be able to re-buy one weapon if you sold one.

I also don't remember the weight, but I don't think it is more than 10 tons or so. Again, if you go over your max you will find that when you sell outfits you won't get free space until you've sold enough stuff to give the tractor the room it needs.

The tractor is worth it, though -- it's just about the only way to get an alien fighter to stay close to you long enough to kill it.

I could kill the Aliens without the Tractor Beam!

EDIT: And thank you for your help!

This post has been edited by Frequency 245 : 23 June 2005 - 10:18 AM

I've done any missions called Astrodyne Outpost I+II+III, but I didn't get the Tractor Beam. Must I buy it? Where?

EDIT:
I've now Astrodyne V, but I can't find the convoy. Where is it?

EDIT:
I found it myself, nobody thought I should get help... <_<

Where is the best trade route??? I searched at many Planets, but my best was ca 300 per run. Wheeeeere????? I'm desperate!!!

This post has been edited by Frequency 245 : 24 June 2005 - 10:18 AM

Hey!

Be nice.

Frequency 245, on Jun 24 2005, 02:20 AM, said:

Where is the best trade route??? I searched at many Wheeeeere????? I'm desperate!!

Chills, it's just a game! Do a topic search for best trade routes. Personally, I like to loot pirate ships.

Frequency, this is not a real time chat room, it is a web board. Please be patient and wait for a reponse. Also, remember that this isn't exactly a service you pay for, people are helping you out of the goodness of their hearts 🙂

Also, things like double posts are not very liked here. Edit if you need to, but a 'bump' for the sake of less than 2 days isn't really worth it.

Here endeth the lesson 😉

I can't buy more than two Neutron Cannon Turrets. I've the money, the free mass and the free turret weapon slot. Even at the picture of the ship you can see 4 NCT! Why can't I buy two more?
Feature or bug?

You've most likely run out of turret slots...check your ship info (in the shipyard) and see how many turrets your make of ship can hold, and check how many turrets you have...

I've a Confed Cruiser with 2 Neutron Cannon Turrets, 2,78 million credits and 320 tons of free mass. I should could buy it, couldn't I?

I know you can get the tractor beam mission before you kill the alien cruiser because I remember stopping the cruiser dead in its tracks with the beam. The fighters fare better under the beam, but the cruisers do absolutely nothing while under the influence of the beam unless you made the mistake of going head-on with it.