Ship Help

Don't know what ship to buy

I don't know what ship to buy.
I have 5.49 million credits.

Give me a good ship idea and good weapons to buy. I have dominated 11 places.

I always had a soft spot for the Rapier, and the Corvette. If you go for the Rapier, you'll have loads of money to buy upgrades, less so for the Corvette.

Another good one is the Argosy, you could make a great one with that much money.

(p.s. I'm assuming you mean non-government ships, if not, Rebel Destroyer is a great ship)

I'd (personally) keep a well-armed Argosy, and wait until I have enough for a Kestrel. Once I'm there, I either stay, and build up a fleet of fine Kestrels and Military ships, or I just run missions until I can buy my own Rebel Cruiser, or capture one as my own...

Have fun!

Corvette all the way. Upgrade it to the level of a Reb Destroyer at a fraction of the cost.

Or Reb Cruiser, that's a good one too. Bit more than 5 mil, though.

Cheers,
Guapo

Yup, do the Corvette.

In a Corvette, you can plunder pirates until the cows come home, and then get your Kestrel.

I'm getting broody about EVC now!

If you already have a Corvette with that money, and you're not involved with any government, go for a Kestrel.

where do you buy a corvette?

I got kind of sick of the generally accepted transition from ship to ship, so I liked to switch it up a little. Try capturing a bulk freighter and converting all that cargo space to weapons space, then pile on the defensive upgrades and homing weapons. See what you can do with one of those bad boys.

Sierra, on May 23 2005, 05:24 PM, said:

I got kind of sick of the generally accepted transition from ship to ship, so I liked to switch it up a little. Try capturing a bulk freighter and converting all that cargo space to weapons space, then pile on the defensive upgrades and homing weapons. See what you can do with one of those bad boys.
View Post

I like your view on this...I did the same in Nova with a Sigma Leviathan, and it rocked.

If you do it carefully, and well, you shant have a problem kicking ass in a beat up old Bulk Freighter. Go to Palshife for most of your stuff. For space bombs, go to a pirate system (one of the southern ones). Good luck whichever path you may choose.

Dash_Merc, on May 23 2005, 08:41 PM, said:

I like your view on this...I did the same in Nova with a Sigma Leviathan, and it rocked.

If you do it carefully, and well, you shant have a problem kicking ass in a beat up old Bulk Freighter. Go to Palshife for most of your stuff. For space bombs, go to a pirate system (one of the southern ones). Good luck whichever path you may choose.
View Post

Space Bombs are easier to get at Spica, though sometimes the 'Feds can get pissed at you.

Well, if the 'Feds get pissed, bomb them to hell, then become a hardcore Rebel, and kick some ass!

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 02 March 2007 - 10:05 AM

I've gotta go with a Corvette with the speed, accel, and RCS mods, an all proton cannon/turret primary aramament, and the rest of your money and space in shields and torpedos. A ship of that caliber can chew up a Kestrel at point blank range and, if you like to disable pirates, is the second fastest way of making money I know. After you reach 10 million in cash or so spring for the Kestrel and make some money using WickTownEV's method. In my opinion, when all is said and done, the best ship in the game is a captured Rebel Destroyer with all the same mods as the Corvette.