Is there still any interest in an

Interesting, I have never player Halo or heard the story. My thought was one leader with several subordinates for both sides.

Under present plot revision perhaps a minor leader for the refugees as an optional position depending on the number of applicants would be appropriate.

I think the Alien-Mutants will have one leader (probably the Alien Emperor). Maybe the human side could have a leader of each individual government and the members elect a leader (for organization) for the webstory.

Selax, on Jan 7 2005, 09:15 PM, said:

I think the Alien-Mutants will have one leader (probably the Alien Emperor). Maybe the human side could have a leader of each individual government and the members elect a leader (for organization) for the webstory.
View Post

That's what I meant. That plauge mentioned is sort of copying off Halo, except the small ballon Flood hook onto humans and turn them inside out. Uh... there shuold be seperate leaders for each race. Alien leader should be Emperor I guess. And uhh.... The humans on the unadvanced side should have a leader. Make sure these new races have advanced weaponry and ships. And please create the leading governments. 2 at most for the advanced humans. All the others are minor.

Changes can be made to the story. I just need feedback to know what sort of changes are suggested.
A little addition to the rules: stations will be treated like planets not like ships่‘‰hey will not not be able to attack but will carry a defense fleet. Defense fleets will be constructed freely (that is they will cost nothing because they will use the newly captured planet's resources) after three days. They will have a maximum of twelve capital warships and eighteen smaller fleet craft.

A general outline for governments:
The Alien-Mutant Alliance
Races: The Aliens, The Mutants
Overall Leader: Unknown
Capital: Earth

The Alien Government
Leader: Unknown
Number of Adjuncts: Unknown
Space: Core and northern systems
Info: The Aliens hate the humans because of the defeat in the Great War long ago. They look forward to eradicting humanity completely-so much so that they have allied with the mutants to accomplish this. They believe that humans are an inferior species and take a sadistic pleasure in their current control of Sol (although they have their capital at Palshife).

The Mutant Government
Space: Eastern, western, and southern systems
Info: Formed be the Alien's biological plague, they hate the humans worse than the aliens because being in their presence makes the mutants feel incomplete. Xenophobic, they have allied with the Aliens because they know they cannot defeat mankind on their own. They guard the systems around the rift (which is in the southeastern part of their space) with zeal. Their capital is in the Sauron system.

The Human Alliance (Capitals to be decided when somebody either makes a map or gives me one to use.)
Race: Human, various governments
Overall Leader: Unknown

The Tarinas Republic (I am not good with names-if anyone has a suggestion please make it.)
Space: Southern systems
Info: The Tarinas Republic is made up of various worlds united in a democratic republic. The inhabitants are usually kind and fiercely independent. They have vowed to stand their ground against the invaders and cleanse Sol of all enemies-no matter what the cost.

The Baandi Empire
Space: Northern systems
Info: The Baandi Empire is ruled by the leading general on the army's War Council. Despite their history of dispute with the Tarinas Republic, they have agreed to join in an alliance to save mankind. This group of fierce warriors defends the rift (in the northwestern part of their space) with as much zeal as the Mutants defend their end of the rift.

Various small governments occupy the central systems. They have allied with the larger powers, knowing full well that they couldn't resist the Alien-Mutant forces on their own.

As I have said I know of a plug-in with well balanced ships and weapons and a large region of space in the new area. I will mark Alien and Mutant space using a picture of a map. This plug-in is E5:Heart of Darkness, if we get permission to use the above. This is merely a suggestion. If popular opinion is for it, we will make a new map, ships, and weapons.

duke_juker, on Jan 8 2005, 04:47 AM, said:

That's what I meant. That plauge mentioned is sort of copying off Halo, except the small ballon Flood hook onto humans and turn them inside out. Uh... there shuold be seperate leaders for each race. Alien leader should be Emperor I guess. And uhh.... The humans on the unadvanced side should have a leader. Make sure these new races have advanced weaponry and ships. And please create the leading governments. 2 at most for the advanced humans. All the others are minor.
View Post

It could work. But I'm not sold completely.

Well, I can't get it to upload the map. I need suggestions and feedback on the rules. What about new systems? What should be done about ships and weapons? What about Combat? Who will write a battle calculator or be the neutral moderator?

This post has been edited by Selax : 09 January 2005 - 01:46 AM

Heh, I didn't actually mean for the ideas I posted earlier become instantly applied to a websotry. ๐Ÿ˜‰ They're ideas I've been playing around with for awhile and that I've been writing backstories for. They won't be ready for webstory status for some time.

-Cap'n

Let's just brainstorm and see what we can do. Those are good ideas and if we refined them a bit, we could start a new webstory. I think we just need to all put in our ideas and them put the ideas the fit the beast in the webstory.

Let's just brainstorm and see what we can do. Those are good ideas and if we refined them a bit, we could start a new webstory. I think we just need to all put in our ideas and them put the ideas the fit the beast in the webstory.

Shoot. My friend didn't log off again like he's supposed to. Thanks alot. We use the same computer.

This post has been edited by duke_juker : 09 January 2005 - 05:06 PM

Very cool. All the ideas so far aound good. I'm still interested. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jimbob, on Jan 9 2005, 06:26 PM, said:

Very cool. All the ideas so far aound good. I'm still interested. ๐Ÿ˜‰
View Post

Yea. This could work if we just sit down and lay out the guidelines for the storyboard. Any time we want to do that in particular?

I will write some thougets I have after read this post, if I may.

Im still a newbie on these forums, and have never realy done a webstory like this. But, to get my selv a picture what it could be like, I readed both the "Battle for Sol III" and "Endless War" story.

It might be something everyone know, what Im writing here, but for my own part, I need to get it down on the paper, and let other folks see it, so I can get a resyme, if Im complete in the wron galaxy or not, If ya understand.... um...

I have alowed me to copied something from "Endeless War" that I like to put a light on. If its wrong way to do it like this, or maybe it shoud be done in a other way, u rather tell me:

It was his fleet. The pirates had never been a strongly unified force; they most often had a mutual cease-fire, occasionally they targeted each other more then other vessels. He had changed that. The force around him was his, and no one could stop it. He had a friend in command of each of the other pirate systems, but even that was unimportant compared to his true unification. He had given the outcasts of the system something that was unbeatable, a sense of belonging, a religion, the truth. Jonathan Patmos knew that he could use this power to expand and spread the truth through the galaxy. Nothing would stop The Hand of God.

I think a good webtory should be more like a roman. If we take a look at this example about, this guy have taken away LOT of story for this pirate player. Like: Who is this guy, how did he become a pirate, how did he manage to unify these pirates? Only the taske to unify them, I guess have to taken at least 10 postes whit plots and fighting.

Not to writ anything bad about this guy, and what he writes, But I try to get to a point: Nothing happen suddenly. Everything have a story behind it. Nothing start whit a big battle. To take an eksample from The Lord of the Ring: Im sure most players writing webstoryes would have jumped over almost the whole book one, and gone straight forward to the battle a hornbourg in Rohan, cause they "forget" or dont have patient for the story behind the big stuff the happend.

So, if Im not so good to writ good storys, but are rather better to writ battle senarios, dont spoil the story by staribg it whit a grand battle, like dominate an planet. Like, in real time: How long time do it take to prepeare for a war? Or, in war, how long time and how much work is it spent before an big attack or invasion (like the D-day) is started?

People that could write about these tings, and write it good, could give the story a deept, that would drag ppl to read it and join the story.

For my own part, im not much into the way to play the game, yet. That simply cause I have never done it before. But I would wery like to try it.

U was talking about making a new galaxy. I guess, you should make it as a plug in first. especially if u will make new weapons and ships and stuff. Like to play in the main EV galaxy is simple, cause everyone have played there before, and if anyone wondering where it is shipsyards, were they sells guns and outfits, and what kind of outfit they sells, its simply starting up EV and checking it up. Thats how I think about it. But, for a brand new galaxy, it would be nice whit something to explore into, and try out the stuff privatly. Its ok whit all the numbers and stats u have on the different equipment, buts another thing to try it out in the real....

Andabout me a newbie and playing such game. After I had read the "Battle for Sol III" I did understand, to be a good main story writer I need first lot more xperiense in doing webstoryes, and, write better in English than I do atm. (I did finaly found a transelater in the book chase, but if was from english to french, so it didnt do me anything good)

So, if anyone would give me a job as commander or general of something that have a bigger part in the main story, I would rather say no thanks. But if I could have a independes system, were I had to deal whit pirates, building freigters to get all my resourses to other planets, trying to spare some money for shipyard/better shipyard and stuff like that, while u other take care of the big happening, it guess it would be a good way to learn how to do a webstory.

And thats life, isnt it? some big stuff, and some smaller stuff, that make it to a wholeness.

Oki. Im sure, and I do hope, u will giving lot of criticism of what I wrote. Lot of it is obvious, and sure lot of it have been talked about before.

But, Im new, and am still young, and the life smile upon me, and, surprisingly, my brain is still intact. So, how can I learn, if there isnt anyone to teach me? And how can anyone teach me, if they dont know what I need to learn? ๐Ÿ˜„

Am I allowed to defend my post here? Actually I agree with your criticisms on the whole, I would have liked to expanded more upon the pirate plot but I was strongly discouraged from writing a deep plot. So my post is riddled with cliches and promise of future interest as I planned on exposing my plot little by little. Unfortunately the story didn't last long enough for me to expound upon it.

Shifty eyes

Actually I was not in control of myself when I wrote that post, the evil bodysnatching aliens got me, thus all the poor writing faults are not mine and I am perfect. You should believe me, I really am.

Shifty eyes

I belive u. Honest. I do. ๐Ÿ˜›

Btw, I dont know how to quote the name and dato and all that stuff in a quote, if ya understand. Hope u dont get offended. ๐Ÿ™‚

Another thing I was wondering about: When an navy purcase ships, do u calculate which shipyard its build in? and how many days it will take from the specific shipyard, before the ship/ships can join the fleet? And how about building shipyards? Im building boats in RL, and I know for sure, to build a yard, and then hire people to build vessels, is not dong be one day. Neither a year. And a new shipyard (or should I say, a new staff of workers) will use long time before it will produse ships a fast a old one. Um. Maybee Im stuffing in to many RL matterns in this story now.... hmmm.....

Just like this. if ya looking at the orginal EV map, the rebellion have an shipyard in the Clotho system, and if they have an fleet attacking the Planets in the Propus sustem, feks, its imposible they can buy vessels, and regroup them whit the fleet, in the same day. Int sure how ya usaly play the game, but for my own part, would miss 2 days somewere in that operation.... er, maybe Im in wrong post for such question thou... :laugh:

(u better tell me if its better if I just shut up, folks)

If you're referring to Fleet Construction, the rules are on General Rak's site (link earlier in this topic) and he has a calculator for ship prices. New shipyards will no doubt be designated. If you want to have something like an independent government, just take control of the small central governments mentioned earlier (it will still be part of the Human Alliance to reduce the number of total sides, ship sets, and so forthย—hopefully this will simplify the webstory). However, I'd like an equal number of members on each side. To all: if you're going to be unable to be on for a few days, you may give control of your fleet to another for the duration. If you don't respond promptly to a threat that only your fleet is able to answer, the leader of your side may take temporary control of your fleet, if he has a valid reason.

So other people can use your fleet if they want to? Well, if it's for a good reason, I guess it would be ok. But if your whole fleet dies, well, that's not cool. So you need to be careful not to kill all the fleet.

What I mean is there will be two instances can other player's use your fleet: if you are unable to post, you may let a friend control the fleet until you are able to take over its control once more.
I shall I give an example of the second instance.
Say, one of your governments planets is attacked and only your fleet is close enough to respond promptly, but you don't for some reason (if you give your a leader a valid reason, such as it might put your fleet in danger of destruction or leave a more important world open to invasion, this doesn't apply) or other (and if you don't communicate why and have a good reason), the leader (if he is away the player he has selected to control his fleets may do this) of whatever Alliance you are part of may take control of your fleet temporarily to respond to the attack.
These two instances are to avoid having a fleet cease to be useful because its operator is unavailable.

Ok. I see. So this is like a multiplayer game, right? Well, I like the idea. Works with me.

Aye, I see, Selax. That can do. ๐Ÿ™‚