EV Webstory OOC Discussion

New EV Webstory Fourm up!

------------------
-Unreal Centipede
------------------
Need a minor plugin made? Email me! (url="http://"mailto:Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com")mailto:Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com(/url)Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com

New EV Webstory?
If you are going to use an unoriginal name at least make it short (i.e. Rebirth etc.) and we have yet to decide how much each player is payed in ships, and get a confederate/major player.

While I'm thinking about it why even use the Confederate/Rebel scheme we could be more creative right? Afterall no one seems to want the Confederate/Rebel positions anyway...

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

We have enough and there are very little unsorted facts so if someone could find a creative name they could give the name out and IPVICUS and only ipvicus will post it.
To Beeblebrox:
Where are you?
To Stardust:
Can we please get my new map up when you can?
To Desert tempest:
Can you post your fleets to make paraniod happy?
To Unreal:
You are not posting the story.

------------------
Are we sad because it rains or does it rain because we are sad?

Originally posted by Xenocide:

To Desert tempest:
Can you post your fleets to make paraniod happy?

Already Did:

Originally posted by Desert Tempest:

Fleet:
75 N1-Ĺ Fighters
4 Apocalypse Cruisers
18000 Mini-Drones

------------------
"I see your shwartz is as
big as mine"-Dark Helmet

Sorry.

------------------

Desert Tempest

(quote)Originally posted by Desert Tempest:
**UPDATE

Government:
Name:KEX
Nickname:"Unknown Explorers"(/quote)

If possible, can you think of a more... interesting... name for your government? Or at least one easier on the eyes than something interspersed with stars? I don't have a problem with KEX (though I wonder where it came from), but KEX is rather ugly.

(quote) Systems:
Habited System:132;Ĺ Antaris
Territorial System:121;ë Antaris(/quote)

Explain... are both systems called Antaris?

(quote) Stellars:
132;Worldship Eterna
121;Harkland(/quote)

Sounds good... but care to elaborate a bit? Both planets? What are they like?

(quote) Technology:
Ship-Based Wormholes (Apocalypse Cruiser Only)
-Inter dementional Transit modification (Worldship Only)
PPCC "Superweapon" (Upgrade)(/quote)

Tell me about the first two.

(quote) Fleet:
75 N1-Ĺ Fighters
4 Apocalypse Cruisers
18000 Mini-Drones(/quote)

Moderation: 4000 drones rather than 18,000. You have very little use for having that many, so it shouldn't be a problem.

(quote) Ships:

• Upgrade Required

N1-Ĺ
Shields::0
Armour:15
Speed:450
Accel:50% speed/sec.
Turn:180ş/sec.
Mass:5 tons
Crew:1
Weapons:
Psi-Pulse
*Photon Chaingun(/quote)

Its defences are on the weak side, especially considering that you don't have very many of these ships. 25 armour and 0 shields would be acceptable.

About speed, accel. and turning (to everybody): it's not really necessary to state these figures. I'd much prefer a short description of your ships coupled with the few necessary stats (shields, armour and armanent only) than a long list of mainly irrelevant database-style text.

There's a major moderation I'll mention in the weapon's section, Tempest, which might effect how you wish to arm this.

(quote)Apocalypse Cruiser(/quote)
Shields:600
Armor:450
Speed:175
Accel:15% speed/sec.
Turn:5ş/sec.
Mass:700 tons
Crew:800
Weapons:
Psi-Pulse
Photon Chaingun Turrets
20 N1-Ĺ fighters (No bay required as they latch onto the hull)
*PPCC ( P roton P lasma C harge C annon)(/quote)

<laughs> For somebody who's already shown plenty of useless stats (speed, accel., turning, mass, crew), you certainly know how to make your armanent unclear. How many P.C. turrets? Is it one PPCC, or more? And how many Psi-Pulses? (Yes, I know "5 Psi-Pulses sounds odd - but this is why they're called outfits, you're expected to make them sound like them.")

(quote)Mini-Drone
Shields:0
Armor:2
Speed:1
Accel:100% speed/sec.
Turn:360ş/sec.
Mass:1 ton
Crew:0
Weapons:
Tractor Beam(/quote)

I'm just going to go off on a limb and suggest that even with a tiny engine, 100 speed would be suggested.

(quote) Weapons:

Psi-Pulse
-Disables Ships Instantly-
-Massless-
-Cannot Fire Again Until First Pulse Hits-(/quote)

? "Disables ships instantly" is outright revoked. Turn it into a weapon that bypasses shields, and damages armour (though can't destroy a ship), and I'll accept it. Come up with a reasonable damage figure.
? "Cannot fire again until first pulse hits" - I assume it requires psi maintenance while the pulse exists, hence that period of time?
? You need to turn this weapon into an outfit. Something like "Psi-Pulse Amplifier", or even "Psychic" (referring to the number of psychics on your ship.

To Desert Tempest:
I have nothing against your weapon but could you make it expencive (like destroys the ship that is launching it, or costs lots of recources to get it running) if it is going to do that much damage? I'm sorry that I'm a little picky. And you don't even have to listen to me becuase I'm not a mod. Just a sugestion.
To Stardust:
I hate to be annoying but that new map has many more unexplored systs so people can you please get that map up?
To all:
Can some one contact beeblebrox?
Can we try to create a good name? Like Escape Velocity New Empire. Sorry about the name today I'm not in a creative mood.

------------------

I have finally decided my ship numbers. I have 30 SR Warboats and 10 LR Warboats per system. A system makes 2 SR and 1 LR a day.

------------------
I see undead people.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/webboard/phpBB2/index.php")Monkey-Robot boards(/url).

**To Desert Tempest:

To all:
Can some one contact beeblebrox?

Beeblebrox is disabilitated at the moment, I think he broke his arm, or has some nerve damage or something.

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra, Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen, Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth
"Saddam Hussein foregoes weapons of mass destruction (and) values human life." George W. Bush

UPDATE--So Everyone is Happy

Government:
Name:KEX
Symbol:KEX
Nickname:"Unknown Explorers"

Systems:
Habited System:132;Ĺ Antaris
Territorial System:121;ë Antaris
(Different systems:Same sector)

Stellars:
132;Worldship Eterna (Worldship
121;Harkland (Class M/K planet)

Technology:

Ship-Based Wormholes
restriction:Apocolypse Cruiser)
Explaination:Alllows you to make a 15-Jump warp without being detected.

Inter-Dementional Drive
restriction:Worldship
Explaination:Teleports up to 200 trillion pasengers to an alternate universe in 5 years.

PPCC "Superweapon"
Restriction:Apocolypse Cruiser
Explaination:Vaporizes armor and disruptts shields (code Required)

Fleet:
75 N1-Ĺ Fighters
4 Apocalypse Cruisers
4000 Mini-Drones

Ships:

N1-Ĺ
shiels:0
Armor:25
Speed:450
Accel:50% speed/sec.
Turn:180ş/sec.
Mass:5 tons
Crew:1
Weapons:
Psi-Pulse
Photon Chaingun
--This Fighter is mearely a reconisance drone of sorts. It only has true power when in large groups, but it is then vounrible to heavy artiliry weapons.

Apocalypse Cruiser
Shields:600
Armor:450
Speed:175
Accel:15% speed/sec.
Turn:5ş/sec.
Mass:700 tons
Crew:800
Weapons:
Psi-Pulse
30 Photon Chaingun Turrets
20 N1-Ĺ fighters (No bay required as they latch onto the hull)
1 PPCC ( P roton P lasma C harge C annon) (Code Required)
--This is the pride of the KEX navy. Only four are in existance. Each is equiped with a single PPCC but only one cruiser was ever authorized to activate the weapon. If anyone attempted to remove the weapon the ship would suffer severe structural loss.

Mini-Drone
Shields:0
Armor:2
Speed:10
Accel:100% speed/sec.
Turn:360ş/sec.
Mass:1 ton
Crew:0
Weapons:
Tractor Beam
--These drones are used to tow disabled enemy ships out of KEX Space.

Weapons:

Psi-Pulse
-Disrupts enemy ship's efficiency by 80%

Photon Chaingun/Turret
Shield Damage:5/20
Armor Damage:1/4
Speed: of light
Reload (30=1 second):10
Tons:3/10

PPCC
Shield Damage:1000
Armor Damage:500
Reload (30=1 second):1800
Tons:120

History:

Outsider's Perspective
Little is known about these people. Confederation media claims they are just rouge colinists, but there is a rumor spreading that they come from another universe entirely. The only support of this theory is a sanner record of a Planet-Sized ship carrying close to 100 trillion people. They have extreemly advanced technology acording to most scans, but they do not use these weapons on intruders unless threatened. Instead they psyicly incapacitate the crew of a vessel and tow it out of thier space. However an un-affiliated band of pirates aparently attempted to retaliate to the psi-pulse by utilizing elecro-static shields instead of plasma shields. The pirate fleet was then considered a threat and was decimated. Not one pirate ship survived. Although COnfederates would kill for that weapon they realize they can't aquire it by force.

Insider's Perspective
The group of "Explorers" in the Gi-Delsa Sector are known to eachother as "KEX". They came from the original EV Webstory Via-Wormhole but thier "Worldship" was damaged midway during the journy. Thus the passangers of the ship were stranded in a hostile universe they had intended to avoid. Eventualy they managed to repair the worldship but too many people became attatched to this universe and decided to say. Due to the catistophic results of heavy weapons research in the Original EV Webstory the KEX operatives focused more on mental enhancements. Although they still retain a handful of Heavy-Weapons they nly use them if absolutely nessecary.

(/B)(/QUOTE)

------------------
big as mine"-Dark Helmet

(This message has been edited by Desert Tempest (edited 01-11-2003).)

Psi-Pulse
-Disrupts enemy ship's efficiency by 80%

Could you please explain what you mean by this? (Other than that, Tempest, you're passed -- ignore Xenocide's comment.)

------------------
-Esponer
Am I posting in Just Chat or B&B;? If so, I'm probably joking.

My fleet:

10 Xeon Cruisers per system in the system
20 Fire Foxs per system in the system
15 Dark Jets per system in the system

For the uninhabited systems, The names for all of them is NGC-xxxx . The xxxx is the # of the uninhabated system. Like NGC-0061 or NGC-0105

------------------
-Unreal Centipede
------------------
Need a minor plugin made? Email me! (url="http://"mailto:Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com")mailto:Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com(/url)Unrealcentipede@yahoo.com

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
**Could you please explain what you mean by this? (Other than that, Tempest, you're passed -- ignore Xenocide's comment.)

Sorry. I was short on time. Here is an explainattion

Psi-Pulse
Type:Energy
Ammo:None
Restrictions:Mentaly Conditioned Telapaths
Description: A Trained Psicic onboard sends a powerful psicic signal into the target's crew's brain stem(s) causing nausia, disorientation, and eventualy fainting. With each pulse emmited the crew's efficiency depletes until they faint. No matter how many times the pulse is emmited the target ship Can Not be destroyed. But if the target crew is over attacked by the bulse serious brain damage can result. Electro-Static Shielding, discarded in favor of plasma shealds, dramticly reduces the effect of the pulse to the point of it being vertualy nill. Nobody truely knows that KEX's weakness is in such antiqued defensive euiptment. As a matter of factt the pirates who had Electro-Static Shields where actualy using them because they had little access to advanced shielding. The Estemated cost for retro-fitting the entire navy of "The United Confederacy Of Democratic Words" is about 10M Fed. Standard Credits in value. And lastly robotic ships are immune to this attack for obvious reasons...

------------------
big as mine"-Dark Helmet

Alright in order to get this webstory off the ground I will be taking over the Confeds, since you guys were apparently expecting a guy who has been gone for at least a month to be their leader. I've got a vauge idea of what I am going to post for an opener, and I will probably actually post it tomorrow.

I have got my techs and ships ready, but I have lost the map Xenocide sent me and am not sure what systems I am supposed to have, if you could resend that to me it would be great. I'll post how many ships and what my production numbers are after that.

By the way, I have already run these by Esponer for approval... so it's not like I just went and pulled a super-duper crazy unilateral mod action.

Confederate Political Structure
Don't really know yet, probably some kind of Republic. Based loosely on Confeds from EV, notice the Particle Beams and the like, I'll post more in the opener.

Confederate Technology
Anti-matter Reactors: Basicly recharges ship's energy levels and provides increased shield and engine power. Size depends on ship.

Particle Beams: Works the same as EV Particle Beams, except I have replaced fuel with energy. Weighs10 tons and does 10 energy and 0 mass damage (forward fireing) 40 tons and twice as much damage for the turret.

Rail Guns: Artillery weapon that fires large heavy metal pellets over long distances. Reloads every one second, does about 240 damage on impact. Turreted and extremely accurate even over long range. Weighs 45 tons.

Neutron Torpedos: Long range and fast torpedoes. About 25% faster than your typical EV Torp, fires twice a second, does about 250 damage, and has 50% better guidance than EV torps.

Confederate Ships
All ships are equiped with Anti-matter Reactors

Battleship
Shields:1000
Armor:250
Speed:230
Accel: ***
Turning: **
Crew: 1246
Weapns: 3 Rail Guns, 6 Particle Beam Turrets, 4 Interceptor Bay 24 Interceptors

Warfrigate
Shields:250
Armor:100
Speed: 450
Accel: ****
Turning: ***
Crew: 246
Weapons: 1 Rail Gun, 2 Particle Beam Turrets, 2 Neutron Torpedo Launchers, 45 Neutron Torpedos

Light Carrier
Shields:300
Armor:75
Speed:300
Accel: ***
Turning: ***
Crew:138
Weapons: 1 Rail Gun, 2 Interceptor Bays, 12 Interceptors

Torpedo Boat
Shields: 60
Armor: 22
Speed: 400
Accel: ****
Turning: ****
Crew: 4
Weapons: 1 Particle Beam Cannon, 2 Neutron Torpedo Launchers, 25 Torpedos

Interceptor
Shields:15
Armor:5
Speed: 600
Accel: *****
Turning: ******
Crew: 1
Weapons: 1 Particle Beam Cannon

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra, Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen, Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth
"Saddam Hussein foregoes weapons of mass destruction (and) values human life." George W. Bush

the map is being sent and I need Stardust to post it for those who can not open attachments.
I have sent it to you and I would appricate it if you would please please get it on for every one.
Well I am going to start working on my begining post for tomarow.

------------------

I was informed I should post my government by Xenocide so I will.

Govt:
Pirate Alliance:
No morals, complete loyalty to me through torture murder and threat there of.

I will write in first person but I am not really as evil as my character is.
I might decide to kill myself if I get bored of being evil and take over my own empire

Any complaints?

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

**the map is being sent and I need Stardust to post it for those who can not open attachments.
I have sent it to you and I would appricate it if you would please please get it on for every one.

Ill get it up when my servers up! Right now ny server is down. And whats the diffrence, its just enlarged

------------------
Hamster Dance---http://www.hampsterdance2.com/intro.html
(url="http://"http://www.voy.com/111547/")Join My Board (/url)
(url="http://"http://mindbender.20megsfree.com/") Mind benders website(/url)
------MOD OF THE (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum6/HTML/002544.html")EV WEBSTORY and the (/url) (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum6/HTML/002552.html")OOC Discussion(/url)-----

Originally posted by Captin' Stardust:
**Ill get it up when my servers up! Right now ny server is down. And whats the diffrence, its just enlarged

Use an EVula server, or send the file to me.

------------------
I see undead people.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/webboard/phpBB2/index.php")Monkey-Robot boards(/url).

Sorry about the server thing I didn't mean to nag.

1. More systs to explore to
  2. No more thick lines in the neubula
  3. No more dumb words
    4)And I fixed what esponer said about it.

------------------

We still haven't decided on a name for the new webstory! I liked Xenocide's "Rebirth" name but I believe it has been taken by a previous webstory...

------------------
big as mine"-Dark Helmet