Aquaria Boss Strategies

For the fourth form of the

Spoiler

Creator

, I found that it works to just sit in the alcoves at the top of the room.

-Peter

As a note, you don't actually need anything more than the shield song to beat the Giant Blaster. Just sing the song, stand still, and let it charge you. Its shots will bounce directly back, damaging it. It's slow, and you are guaranteed to have the energy form by the time you get there, but it's still fun to beat a boss using nothing but non-offensive moves. Also, you won't take any damage, period.

@JacaByte: I believe you only need to beat six bosses before you can reach the final boss, although it is a bit easier if you take on some of the optional ones.

- Edwards

Well, in the game you'll have to face the Living Statue, the Energy God, the Mithalas Cores, Mithala, the Forest Mother, the Sun Worm, the Sunken

Spoiler

Dad

, and of course

Spoiler

The Creator

at the end. All the rest are optional (though they can provide some very helpful rewards).

...OK! That's every boss in the game, except for Octopus Prime. I'll get info up for him as soon as I work up the courage to fight him again.

The Mithala core things can also be beaten by

Spoiler

luring it close to a wall then firing a nature spike underneath it. The spike will go through the thing and cause a bunch of damage. The advantage of this method is that the creature doesn't flip upside down and go crazy, which makes it much easier to defeat.

I actually didn't realize that this isn't how you are supposed to kill these things until I read this thread.

Much later edit: Wait, what? When did I say this? Magnus? You messin' with my posts? 😛

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 13 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

Hm, I never bothered locking on. I just shot at it with energy form shots while staying right underneath the beam.

There's a few too many spoiler tags in this topic. Things like "the laser" seriously don't need to be hidden, nor should "Mithalan Priests" be hidden since as JTH pointed out it's easy to miss. Other than that, good work with the guide 🙂

This post has been edited by Guy : 28 November 2008 - 04:21 PM

I realized today that I had never battled the crab boss before.

OK. Say, anyone want to try the Rainbow Soup challenge?

No, fighting while on a high sounds like suicide to me.

It'd be easier and look much nicer if you put SPOILERS!!!! at the top instead of having all of those tags.

Hey, it's not as if

Spoiler

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

What?

Seriously, the reason I put in so many spoiler tags is so that people could read info on only the bosses they needed help with (and not have to see how to defeat other bosses when they wanted the challenge of figuring them out for themselves.)

@soitbegins, on Nov 16 2008, 01:55 PM, said in Aquaria Boss Strategies:

-���

Spoiler

The laser beam is probably the most powerful attack in the game. Depending on your luck, getting hit by it can sap up to HALF OF YOUR ENTIRE HP BAR!! By now, you should have about 8 Arcane Poultices or so; if your health drops below half, use them.

Spoiler

You missed one aspect of how powerful it is- it can even kill you while you're in spirit form.

However, the Rainbow Soup challenge does sound interesting. I do still need to beat that boss again now that I've finally found the last two treasures, and I spent long enough trying to figure out how to damage it last time that I wouldn't be surprised if I could kill it blind. The only question is how much soup I'll need (hopefully 16 will be enough to get me through the whole set...).

- Edwards

You missed one aspect of how powerful it is- it can even kill you while you're in spirit form.

That's actually how I died the one time I had trouble facing it: I tried using Spirit Form (you know, to

Spoiler

absorb projectiles

) and dodged straight into a fireball.

About the

Spoiler

King Jelly

, you can plow right through his little pink buddies with Beast. Get a little health off them, too.

@soitbegins, on Nov 28 2008, 10:31 PM, said in Aquaria Boss Strategies:

OK. Say, anyone want to try the Rainbow Soup challenge?

Wooooooooooo...
Trippy...

Anywho...
About thirteen bubbles of rainbow soup, and a half-dozen arcane poultices later, I am happy to report that it is quite possible to beat the entire

Spoiler

Creator

series while under the influence of drugs. Of course, I'm not sure whether Niaja has yet realized that she's no longer stoned, as, although the colors faded, there were clearly still hallucinations... The hardest part was probably the

Spoiler

singing part, as it was nearly impossible to see the notes being played at that distance into the rainbow, and I can't identify the notes by ear.

I'd have video evidence of it, too, except that Snapz bugged out on me and either refused to start recording or refused to stop- I'm not sure which.

- Edwards

OK, now I've got to try that...

OK! I finally fought Octopus Prime. The boss battle seemed a lot more fun (and a lot less 'AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!') the second time around. It was pretty exhilarating, and very fast-paced.

...I think I'm going to do it again tomorrow.

Anyway, that completes the Aquaria Boss Guide-- I hope it'll be useful to all who need help!

You still haven't mentioned that you can eat

Spoiler

King Jelly's

minions.

You still haven't mentioned...

Errr... ummm... let's just say that this is version 1.0.3 of the guide, and that I'll put up version 1.1.0 soon. 😉

Two notes on the hyper mantis:

First off, there is a bubble against the right wall where he can't hit you. If you've got the health leaches (or some other regeneration) it's quite possible to never need a health boost the entire fight. Whenever you get hit, just retreat and heal.

Second: It's possible (not easy, but possible) to damage the him without ever binding a bomb. If you get the timing just right, he will drop down while the bombs are falling and have them explode while he's down. (It's easier if you're willing to trigger them yourself...)