Here it is!

I was kinda bummed out during the first ten minutes too, but RPGs and Action Adventure games always start out a little slow. I know EV Nova and Cythera did. You just have to have a little patience, is all.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 22 November 2008 - 02:47 PM

I expected a very.. tranquil game. I think it's great they didn't go for a never-changing character. I'm not sure whether it's more of a shooter or puzzle/explore type of game. Guess it is both.

Not really certain whether it's a game I'll purchase (I've not reached the end of the demo, anyway). I guess it depends on how the gameplay develops. The story I have no doubts about.

Expectations are key to manage here. I was expecting nothing since I didn't enjoy most of Ambrosia's recent projects at all, and was hooked during the intro when Naija swims up to the hooded figure and I think you all know what I am talking about.

Like, if the game has a fault it's the long sections of just swimming or areas where content was seemingly forgotten, but when the game is all there it's pretty enjoyable, and I'm definitely willing to put up with the boring parts to get to the numerous deliciously-good ones. Also give me awesome music, atmosphere, and an emotional story and I am there with or without gameplay tbqh.

@mudak, on Nov 22 2008, 01:13 PM, said in Here it is!:

Downloaded it and tried it out for ten minutes. Got to admit, I was pretty disappointed in what I saw. Mildly good gameplay, decent graphics, completely underwhelmed by the whole thing. For how long it was in development, and for all of the things I'd read, both on these boards and elsewhere, I expected more.

shrug

In other words you didn't make it through the tutorial.

@celestial-storm, on Nov 22 2008, 07:28 PM, said in Here it is!:

I expected a very.. tranquil game. I think it's great they didn't go for a never-changing character. I'm not sure whether it's more of a shooter or puzzle/explore type of game. Guess it is both.

Not really certain whether it's a game I'll purchase (I've not reached the end of the demo, anyway). I guess it depends on how the gameplay develops. The story I have no doubts about.

Underwater Metroid is pretty much the genre I would say. If you liked the energy temple, most of the "meaty" parts of the game are like that but better, and there is a surprising amount of variety. There is a huge amount of game left beyond the demo.

This post has been edited by LoneIgadzra : 30 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

I'm very excited about this one...from the trailers I've been following loosely it's really intrigued me as reminiscent of Ferazel's Wand (the best Ambrosia game...ever).

I'm unfortunately very disappointed I discovered it's release today, with the onset of finals, rather than a week ago, with the onset of Thanksgiving.

Thank you to all the members of the Aquaria team! It must be successful so far—I'm downloading at 3.2 kB/s!

Hey, I just realized what this game is: Instant Devoted Following mix-- just add water. 😄