Geroditus's Library

a new M4D

So, over the last few days, Thok, Two Jacks, and I have been working on putting up pages for a replacement M4D. This link would've been posted publicly earlier, but there was a little bit of a miscommunication.

http://wiki.habnabit.org/

Have fun! There's still a lot to add. Thok and I will fix up your formatting if it isn't quite up to standards, but you should get an idea of how everything should look by looking at other pages.

A quick thing I'd like to note, since this has been an idea I've had for a long while.

While replacing the fallen M4D is the obvious first step to make, ultimately, I don't think a list of info fields and values to put in them is actually very useful. It seems to me that the only way to be able to do anything truly interesting in FW requires not just knowing how any individual part works, but how they can fit together. The shield goblin can be a pushover or a serious nuisance, depending on where he stands.

Given Ferazel's ever-failing health, (no matter how much brine we try and soak him in,) having a fully-comprehensive Ferazel encyclopedia seems to be the thing to aim for, both as a reference for those still working, and the best kind of tribute to offer. (Besides, that's the logical course of action for any small cult wiki, isn't it?)

Ah. So you mean creating a Tricks section like my topic, "Shrouded in Mist", or a comprehensive guide telling the reader about every little thing such as goblins on the downhill slope opposite to Ferazel are harder to kill? It can be done.

I personally would like to see a super massive Ferazel site, meaning, "Everything Ferazel". This would have references, Bios on developers, all that stuff. The more people that help, the better.

Oh yes, anyone ever come across this?

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 27 January 2008 - 12:19 AM

@two-jacks, on Jan 26 2008, 09:17 PM, said in Geroditus's Library:

Ah. So you mean creating a Tricks section like my topic, "Shrouded in Mist", or a comprehensive guide telling the reader about every little thing such as goblins on the downhill slope opposite to Ferazel are harder to kill? It can be done.

Yes, include things like this in the pages.

@two-jacks, on Jan 26 2008, 09:17 PM, said in Geroditus's Library:

I personally would like to see a super massive Ferazel site, meaning, "Everything Ferazel". This would have references, Bios on developers, all that stuff. The more people that help, the better.

All that can go on Geroditus's Library.