I can be both big and small,
I may bring warning,
I may bring feer,
You can see and smell me,
But you can not touch me,
My form is everchanging.

What am I?

-----------------
EDIT: I started writing this post before Jacabyte posted his. (I was pulled away) In response to Jacabyte's joke: Hehe, I wish I could have said that joke when I was still in 5th grade. 😛

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 08 March 2007 - 11:47 PM

@two-jacks, on Mar 8 2007, 09:38 PM, said in Pulse Check:

I am dark,
I can be both big and small,
I may bring warning,
I may bring feer,
You can see and smell me,
But you can not touch me,
My form is everchanging.

What am I?

Darkness?

@two-jacks, on Mar 8 2007, 09:38 PM, said in Pulse Check:

EDIT: I started writing this post before Jacabyte posted his. (I was pulled away) In response to Jacabyte's joke: Hehe, I wish I could have said that joke when I was still in 5th grade. 😛

I did use that joke in 5th grade. 😉

Nope not darkness. 😛 Though i see how you would get that from the first line. The answer isn't so obvious. 😄

Let me go out on a limb here and say... smoke?

Here's a joke from EVula.com (excellent joke archive). I'll post some more from there later perhaps.

One day a diver was enjoying the aquatic world 20 ft below sea level. He noticed a guy at the same depth he was, but he had on no scuba gear whatsoever.

The diver went below another 20 ft, but the guy joined him a few minutes later. The diver went below 25 ft, but minutes later, the same guy joined him.

This confused the diver, so he took out a waterproof chalk-and-board set, and wrote, "How the hell are you able to stay under this deep without equipment?"

The guy took the board and chalk, erased what the diver had written, and wrote, "I'M DROWNING, YOU MORON!!!"

@rubber-ducky, on Mar 8 2007, 09:08 PM, said in Pulse Check:

It's a good story, Debra, but if the couple was planning "to thaw out during a particularly icy winter" why is the email dated "JULY 24, 2006"? Or are the icy winters in Minneapolis really that long?

Hey! Where's your suspension of disbelief? Huh? Besides, it snows HERE in July! Cheech! 🙂

@ci-ia0s, on Mar 11 2007, 03:35 PM, said in Pulse Check:

Let me go out on a limb here and say... smoke?

Ehhhh... You got it. 😛 What gave it away?

Hmm... I'd just like to say that I decided ro dust off my old PoG demo last night and start a new ranger character. I had forgotten how fun PoG really was. I have played many other since PoG like Runescape, EVNova, Nintendo DS games, Halo and even some games before PoG like Ferazel's Wand and Cythera, but PoG is so great in how the creators set everything up. I seem to really enjoy starting games, there's just something about starting a new adventure that intrigues me. Not only that but like many ASW games the plot of PoG continues to be fun and exciting through the game (or the demo in my case). Even if PoG is a demo it's one of the best games I've ever played.

(So I don't sound to gloomy here's a joke, it's not mine but it's funny.)

When your at a restaurant if they have a salad bar, ask how many times you can go back. If they say as many times as you like, ask for a lawn bag. Come back the next day with a small truck. Tell them you weren't quite finished eating the night before. You're actually within your legal rights, because, technically, no one is ever finished eating.

(Hehe. That was from George Carlon.)

Smoke was the only thing I could think of that fit the clues. The thing that really triggered it for me was the "smell me" part. Good riddle. 🙂

I'll now throw in a new EVula.com joke to keep everyone amused:
A little girl raised her hand during a biology lesson and asked if her grandmother could have a baby.
The teacher was a bit surprised at the question but answered that the grandmother was too old to have babies.
"So what about my mother?" asked the girl.
The teacher said that it was possible, but that her mother was probably getting too old to be having babies as well.
"Well, then could I have a baby?" she wanted to know.
"Goodness no!" said the teacher, "you are much too young."
"See!" said a voice from the back of the classroom, "I told YOU you didn't have anything to worry about."

Hahaha thats good.

Hi guys. Incase you couldn't tell, I too have kinda given up here..... I havn't even been checking the forums that much lately (hence the late post). I really will miss coldstone though. It was an incredibly versatile, amazing program and could do sooo much. bah. Oh well...

So anyway.......

Two vampire bats wake up in the middle of the night, thirsty for blood. One says, "Let's fly out of the cave and get some blood."

"We're new here," says the second one. "It's dark out, and we don't know where to look. We'd better wait until the other bats go with us."

The first bat replies, "Who needs them? I can find some blood somewhere." He flies out of the cave.

When he returns, he is covered with blood.

The second bat says excitedly, "Where did you get the blood?"

The first bat takes his buddy to the mouth of the cave. Pointing into the night, he asks, "See that black building over there?"

"Yes," the other bat answers.

"Well," says the first bat, "I didn't."

I don't get it. :huh: Do you meen that because it's dark our the bat flew into the black building? :rolleyes: Sorry maybe I'm just to stupid to get it.

How about another riddle or two?:

I cover the world,
I run along a curve,
You can not see past me,
But you can see me best from a beach,
What am I?

(First riddle is to easy, second riddle is to obvious. 🙂 )

I confuse people,
I can be funny,
I can be sad,
I am always full of words,
Finding my answer will make your brain spin,
What am I?

Number 1: Water.

Number 2: A riddle.

@jacabyte, on Mar 14 2007, 03:00 PM, said in Pulse Check:

Number 1: Water.

Number 2: A riddle.

Close but wrong on the first one, and correct on the second.

Sorry it's the best I could think of. If there's one person I know is good at riddle making it's the person who made that PoG plug where you go in that cave and there's that gate wich asks you riddles... Was that RD who made it? I don't knwo it's been a while. :rolleyes:

Number 1: An ocean?

Number 1 is the sky (or perhaps "atmosphere" is better), I believe. EVula.com joke:
Investigators at a major research institute have discovered the heaviest element known to science.

This startling new discovery has been tentatively named Administratium (Ad). The new element has no protons or electrons, thus having an atomic number of 0. It does, however, have 1 neutron, 125 assistant neutrons, 75 vice neutrons, and 111 assistant vice neutrons, for an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by a force called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

Since it has no electrons, Administratium is inert. However, it can be detected as it impedes every reaction with which it came into contact. According to the discoverers, a minute amount of Administratium causes one reaction to take over four days to complete when it would normally take less than a second.

Administratium has a normal half-life of approximately three years; it does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons, vice neutrons, and assistant vice neutrons exchange places. In fact, an Administratium sample's mass will actually increase over time, since with each reorganization some of the morons inevitably become neutrons, forming new isotopes. This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to speculate that Administratium is formed whenever morons reach a certain concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as the "Critical Morass". You'll know it when you see it.

This post has been edited by CI-Ia0s : 14 March 2007 - 09:54 PM

Sky and Ocean are both wrong. It's more of an inbetween the two answer. (Think harder.)

What's on an astronaut's sandwich? Launchin' meat.

@ Two Jacks

Horizon. Though it'd have to depend on the beach...

@ Celchu

Oh dear... that made me chuckle in a not funny way, my friend. Good to see you still alive and well 🙂

-Andiyar

Yeah, I saw Two Jacks last post and thought horizon. You just beat me to it, andiyar. 😉

Yup, horizon is correct. Good job all. 🙂

It doesn't make me happy to say this, but the pulse appears to have become substantially weaker today. If we have a look at the official announcement of the Ambrosia DVD, with the supporting list of software included, as seen here, it's fairly obvious that neither Coldstone nor Pillars of Garendall are included. And the press release does state quite clearly,

(The DVD) offers the very latest versions of all the software we have put forth.

As I stated elsewhere, it appears to be another nail in the coffin. 😞

-Andiyar

I gave up on CS a long time ago, but I still came here about every month or so to check up on things.