Where's Coldstone

I'm just wondering if anyone know's why Ambrosia has pulled Coldstone from their software list page? PoG is still there, and the CS pages are still accessible from the PoG page, but the entry on the full software list has gone.

Hello,
They most likely removed it from their full game list because they are currently not selling CS anymore (Why advertise something you can't sell?). However Coldstone is listed in the strategy game section at http://www.ambrosias...s/strategy.html

Don't worry about it. I'm sure they will put Coldstone back on that list once they release the Update.

This post has been edited by GrahamVH : 10 April 2005 - 12:59 PM

Coldstone has been listed under Strategy for a while... I just bookmarked it because it was annoying to have to go to games>strategy>coldstone every single time.

Such a useless topic. I might as well say that it's strange that coldstone isn't under utilities. Or is it? According to you it isn't, and I can't be bothered looking.

Why not send them an email asking?

GrahamVH, on Apr 10 2005, 12:57 PM, said:

I'm sure they will put Coldstone back on that list once they release the Update.

Registered on these boards a long, long time ago, but lost my name/pw. Oh well.

There's going to be an update? This is exciting news indeed. I, at one point, was helping test CGE before it's release but family, lost job (in the dot-com crash in SFO), moving, new child etc took away all time I needed to spend.

I'm very curious about an update to CGE. I assume that no one has posted any information about the update? Such things as: better wizards and creating a blank game at start, Tiger compatability, simplifying some of the stuff in CGE, etc?

I'll have to keep my eyes here for the update and will reconsider purchasing at that time. CGE has always had the opportunity to become an excellent game creation tool on the Mac ... better than the Blades of Avernum editor by far, and almost on par with the opensource NeverEdit project ... I hope it can deliver this time.

DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ, on Apr 22 2005, 09:09 PM, said:

Registered on these boards a long, long time ago, but lost my name/pw. Oh well.

There's going to be an update? This is exciting news indeed. I, at one point, was helping test CGE before it's release but family, lost job (in the dot-com crash in SFO), moving, new child etc took away all time I needed to spend.

I'm very curious about an update to CGE. I assume that no one has posted any information about the update? Such things as: better wizards and creating a blank game at start, Tiger compatability, simplifying some of the stuff in CGE, etc?

I'll have to keep my eyes here for the update and will reconsider purchasing at that time. CGE has always had the opportunity to become an excellent game creation tool on the Mac ... better than the Blades of Avernum editor by far, and almost on par with the opensource NeverEdit project ... I hope it can deliver this time.

DaveyJJ
View Post

I believe their main priority is getting it to work in panther and fixing the engine's bugs. Has tiger been released yet? If so, does anyone know if coldstone games work in tiger?

I've tried both the Blades of Avernum editor and NeverEdit, but since they are made to build scenarios/modules for existing games, they don't allow as much customization as Coldstone.

wishes that update would come soon

Ledorax, on Apr 22 2005, 03:15 PM, said:

Has tiger been released yet? If so, does anyone know if coldstone games work in tiger?

I've tried ... NeverEdit, but since ... made to build scenarios/modules for existing games, they don't allow as much customization as Coldstone.

Tiger is due on my desk by FedEx this coming Friday, April 29th (although some lucky folks who pre-ordered through MacMall and ClubMac in the U.S. actually got their copy today ). And my new laptop will arrive Monday (supposed to be here today but stupid customs at Toronto airport .... :mad: ).

Granted, NeverEdit is the opensource attempt to edit and one day fully create modules for NWN, but the PC editor included in the game (Aurora Toolset) was, by far, the best RPG editor I've ever had the pleasure to play with (on my work PC). It is a pure joy to use.

I want to say the same about Coldstone but the first two versions have a long way to go before I can praise it like that. I really hope a lot of what's wrong with CGE gets fixed. The idea behind CGE is excellent, even if the excution leaves quite a bit (IMHO) to be desired.

And I'm a really old school gamer (first computer use back in high school in the late 1970s on a Wang that used punch cards).

This post has been edited by DaveyJJ : 22 April 2005 - 03:51 PM

Welcome back, DavyJJ.

Aye, Coldstone does have a few flaws. If they just fixed the horrid animation editor, I would be glad. 32-bit colour would be nice, too. I doubt they will fix more than the panther(tiger?) issue, though. Sadly.

Before we pronounce that this is going off topic, I can't wait for the release too :p. As led knows I can't work on Mergah anymore because it won't let me test the game because I can't have more than 10 locations and 40 or w/e events sigh. But now I must say that shouldn't someone close this? It's been answered.