a little help for a coldstone beginner

are there any simple tutorials beside the manual.
and , ..........i know this sounds stupid but how do you get tiles to appear on one
layer :blink: and not on the other

does anyone know about ragnarok and whether its out or
has been canceled or what
thanks

Welcome murph

Sorry but I am not sure about another tutorial.

However, to use layers is simple.
First it sounds like you are using the ground instead of the layers. The ground is below every layer. If you click on the layer radio button you can add a layer with the + button if I remember correctly. Then highlight the new layer and pick a picture and click somewhere on the map. Make a new layer and do the same. Just make sure you know which layer you have selected.

Hope this helps!

This post has been edited by Efeion : 13 October 2004 - 10:31 AM

If Ragnarok comes, I'm sure you'll notice. You might not survive long enough to enjoy it though...

Anyway..

What kind of tutorial? There is the game tutorial.. I think you can get it from the add-ons section (if you haven't already looked at it). Then, I think there is some site.. not sure what it's called but someone put some tutorials there. Try the web links. Then there is the crc, but it's under construction (probably forevever, so you won't get much help there).

And remember, the layers under the --player-- layer in the list are rendered ABOVE the player, and the ones over --player-- are rendered beneath him (or.. her?). The layer right under --player-- can be both above and under him (trees, etc).

Good luck :mellow:

thanks guys sure ill be able to figger it out :laugh:

murph, on Oct 12 2004, 09:21 PM, said:

does anyone know about ragnarok and whether its out or
has been canceled or what
View Post

Ragnarok was cancelled quite a while ago. The developer left to my knowledge.

What is Ragnarok? :blink:

Then there is the crc, but it's under construction (probably forevever, so you won't get much help there).

Hey, I've installed the software it just needs some fairly heavy modifying.

BTW, Stark did you get that PM I sent you?