If You've Managed To Find The New Board...

No offense, but I just don't understand why everyone seems to want to have a title... I personnaly think "Member" is just ok... sure a title would be nice, but I wouldn't make an obsession out of it... well, that's my point...

Then again, no offense.

But... is the karma system working or not ?

Potomax, on Sep 16 2004, 11:47 AM, said:

No offense, but I just don't understand why everyone seems to want to have a title... I personnaly think "Member" is just ok... sure a title would be nice, but I wouldn't make an obsession out of it... well, that's my point...

Then again, no offense.

But... is the karma system working or not ?
View Post

And that was my thought too - it doesn't matter that much, really. And if it does get tied to karma, you will be rewarded for being helpful etc and thus gaining karma - hence the 'good member' thing.

As to it working or not - yes, and no. No, it's not like it was before - it's user-specific now, which means only you can see it. Also, it's only negative - not positive, hence there's no real 'rewards' for acting good now - but there are more mod powers available then there were on the UBB. If the scale does get adjusted to a good/bad ratio, and if it does become public... then yes, it'll be kinda the same. ^_^ But at the moment, only mods can see everyone's 'karma' rating.

We can still do things to misbehaving people though... I'm just itching to test out the temporary posting bans on someone. πŸ˜‰

So yeah... be good, or I'll.. I'll...

Hrm.

-Andiyar

Yes, there are some neat little features. The "indefinite" restriction is cruel. Very cruel. Can't wait to see it used...

:huh: So right now the most karma you can have is 0. I hope it does get changed to going above that.

woho! I've got maximum possible karma!

Tarnćlion Andiyarus, on Sep 15 2004, 05:25 PM, said:

And do keep in mind that although I've been here for over four years, I still have less than 1600 posts. It's taken me a while to get this far - I want to hit 1600 now, so I can have five dots.
View Post

Slacker.

Unless they are going to do some heavy modding to the IPB code then they won't get a karma system like before back. But hey, I'm sure giving up your karma is a tiny sacrifice for getting IPB. It is far more flexible for admins and members (I know, I have it installed on my server πŸ˜‰ )

I wonder if or when they will make a better skin for the board.

Efeion, on Sep 16 2004, 02:58 PM, said:

I wonder if or when they will make a better skin for the board.
View Post

I'm sure this is as good as it gets πŸ˜‰

I can't tell if you are kidding? Because I have set up/fooled around with a invision power boards before and also fooled around with the skin sets you can install. If Ambrosia SW isnt going to make one they could have the users submit some...

They are not that hard to make or just change.

Yes, I'm kidding, but it doesn't really matter, all modern boards are fairly configurable, I find that most of the stuff is unneeded flash, such as the karma. It was a stupid system to start with.

Stark Bledfast, on Sep 16 2004, 06:57 PM, said:

Slacker.
View Post

Spammer!

πŸ˜‰

Efeion, on Sep 16 2004, 01:06 AM, said:

at 4+ years and 1574 posts you get 393.5 posts a year on average. Now I don't post as much as mod does so I see no way I will ever get a title or be able to change it, or not in the next 18 years {(50 X 18 = 900)+100=1000}

Wow, I've been posting on average 7.5posts a day since the boards reopened.

That's 7.5 x 365 = 2737.5 posts by this time next year! Quite impressive.

Shame it's never gonna happen...

I'm going to uni. What a waste!

Stark Bledfast, on Sep 17 2004, 04:57 AM, said:

Slacker.
View Post

Quality > quantity. πŸ˜›

I'm opinionated and informed enough to have multiple thousands of posts here if I really wanted to. However, I think that a lot of those posts would dispell my pleasant image here... I think I have one anyway πŸ˜‰

Or something like that. It's a cyclical thing, really... I post differently as the seasons turn...

... I should really get some sleep. ^_^

-Andiyar

It takes a lot of work making a decent skin. There are over 1200 lines of CSS in IPB 2.0