My first Coldstone Chronicle Post!

Sorry if it may be a slightly random topic, but I have part one done of a story (i am probably going to make it a game, most likely). It's name is Shadows of the Past, so please check it out! I want to see if it's good, and if it should be made into a game. A brief summary is :

It's about a very non-average boy, named Abdar, in the race of the Deloths. He is a traveler; he has no home, no family. He must run away from dragon-like creatures (sorry, I forget the name) that want to capture him. Part 1 has his first encounter with them.

I am still waiting for it to show up on the chronicles, but please check often by choosing *Coldstone Chronicles from that little dropdown menu and pressing go. I would really like to know what you think, and how it would be as a game. Part 2 will have more action, and once I see Part 1 show up, then I'll write Part 2.

------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

When a new Chronicle is released, we will see it on the board. Such as (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum48/HTML/001389.html")this post(/url). 🙂

------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
"Logic is futile"-Scott Adams

Originally posted by PinkFluffyBunny:
**Sorry if it may be a slightly random topic, but I have part one done of a story (i am probably going to make it a game, most likely). It's name is Shadows of the Past, so please check it out! I want to see if it's good, and if it should be made into a game. A brief summary is :

It's about a very non-average boy, named Abdar, in the race of the Deloths. He is a traveler; he has no home, no family. He must run away from dragon-like creatures (sorry, I forget the name) that want to capture him. Part 1 has his first encounter with them.

I am still waiting for it to show up on the chronicles, but please check often by choosing *Coldstone Chronicles from that little dropdown menu and pressing go. I would really like to know what you think, and how it would be as a game. Part 2 will have more action, and once I see Part 1 show up, then I'll write Part 2.

Hi Bunny. I've just finished reading it actually, and it's not bad at all.

Anyway, a brief explanation of how the chronicles work. When submitted, the chronicles vanish off into the nether regions of the UBB system where moderators (and Celchu) lurk. Once there, they are listed by date, and in the case of Coldstone Chronicles, tend to get edited and released once a week. Since I released Celchu's latest story yesterday/today, (depending on where you are) yours will probably come out on the weekend.

Also people, I'm sorry about the delays in current chronicles and the chronicle of the month competition. I'll explain them in a new thread.

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

OK, thanks Andiyar! Weekend...that's only a couple days after my birthday! A nice birthday present indeed. 😄 Thanks for the compliment on the story! I just submitted part 2 to it, since people suggested in the comments to another story I should do so. It has much more action and the end is a cliffhanger 😉

Thanks,
Bunny

------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

Originally posted by Tarnćlion Andiyarus:
**...into the nether regions of the UBB system where moderators (and Celchu) lurk.

You mean he's allowed to be there? That's not very common.

------------------
Arrogance and ignorance walk hand in hand.

Who? Andiyar didn't say anything bout anyone bein there but articles and the people who read them...

------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

(This message has been edited by PinkFluffyBunny (edited 08-13-2002).)

Originally posted by PinkFluffyBunny:
**Who? Andiyar didn't say anything bout anyone bein there but articles and the people who read them...

The people who read them, excepting moderators, are generally not supposed to be in the Pending Chronicles.

------------------

Oh ok. I see.

------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

**When submitted, the chronicles vanish off into the nether regions of the UBB system where moderators (and Celchu) lurk.

/me backs away slowly, whistling...

------------------
"Then you do believe that we are real. You think us capable of not forgiving you. Who would forgive you more readily than your dream?"
"No," the Unbeliever said. "Dreams never forgive."
-Stephen Donaldson,
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

Originally posted by iKaterei:
**You mean he's allowed to be there? That's not very common.

Oh, I didn't say he's allowed to be there. I simply said that he is there. He found where they are kept once, I believe, and drops by there from time to time to read the pending chronicles. He can't post them there, in fact all he can do is read them and edit his own.

And I agree. It isn't common. But before I became a mod I used to do a 'review' of each chronicle posted here, and as such I frequented the Pending Chronicles to gain the material before it was released, in the interests of efficiency. Back then it was Gluey who used to do the chronicles, and he told me the location of the Pending ones. It's not that big a deal really. But still, if you want to know how, you'll have to find out yourself. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Deleted to protect the guilty...

------------------
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/cafall/projects/tfm.html")The Four Mages(/url), an unfinished quest-oriented plug-in for Pillars of Garendall.
If passion rules reason, how can you allow only reason to rule you?
— Cafall

(This message has been edited by Cafalll (edited 08-14-2002).)

Guys, Katerei comes form a morally repressive board where said sections are taboo. Evidence: (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum5/HTML/001100.html") here.(/url) So she's not used to our liberal style. That said, don't advertise it people, and please please please, Katerei, don't tell Avatara. 🙂

------------------
Consider. If passion rules our reasoning, and we are ruled by logic, we are all simply unwitting slaves to emotion, pretending to be greater than what we truly are.

wow...so many replies just from one simple post 🙂 I got all this attention! 🙂

------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

**But still, if you want to know how, you'll have to find out yourself.:)

I already know how to get there.

------------------

Man, a lot of people know. Heh :eek:

------------------
"If you're so smart tell me why so many people use windows instead of macs."
"Because society is stupid, and people are idiots."
A guy with glasses and a Dell Inspirion in his hands walks by
"I see your point."