HELP ME!!

This is the problem :- When i build (build release) my game and then run it it loads up then says that i made my game on a unregistered version of colstone , but it is registered and also it does not make/compile the graphics files because I have to transfer the main "picture" folder over and the "music" folder over to the folder that my compiled game is in. Once i have done that the graphics and music works but it still says i have not registered AND deletes all/most my pictures in my picture folder even though they are not compiled anyway!!!!!! Why does it say and do this!!!! Is it because i have copyed my coldstone on to my hard drive and i am running it off my hard drive and I should be running it off the CD? Or is it because some of the names of locations, picts, etc have gaps in??????? Plz Help!! :frown:

------------------
Hi its me again

Sum1 - Join the club, this is not a new problem - I suggest you send an email directly to Dee Brown of Beenow and Andrew Welch of Ambrosia and coping each of them on the others email. I have been trying to get them to adress this problem for five months now with no luck at all. Hopefully they will address this problem in the very late and who knows the heck when it will be relased update.

------------------
Squak - the seal
makes the noise not
the approval

I've never encountered anything like this, so I'm not sure I can be very helpful. However:

-Have you tried deleting all Coldstone-related prefs files from ~/Library/Preferences/ (if running OS X) or from your Preferences folder (if running OS 9 or earlier)? Maybe it's something to do with a bad prefs file.

-If you're using OS X, what happens if you build/run the game in Classic?

In any case, I've pointed out the URL of this topic on the beta list, so hopefully some response will be forthcoming.

------------------
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Only member of the webboard to gain 2 karma points by writing a flame, and openly atychiphobic since 2000.

Well, I had the problem of an 'unregistered version' of Coldstone. For me, I registered Coldstone once I received my code, and then when I received my CD I reinstalled all the applications files, etc, off the CD, overwriting all of my old files from the download. It still thought it was registered, but claimed it wasn't when I built my applications.

My solution? Delete the Coldstone License file, and then rerun the Register Coldstone application. Input your details again, and voila! Should work fine.

As for the other bug, I have yet to experience that problem. Only a few people so far have reported it, and noone I know has been able to duplicate it on their own machines. However, since it's been posted to the beta list, we'll see what happens. šŸ™‚

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

okay thanks Andiyar, thats 1 problem down

------------------
Hi its me again šŸ˜„

Originally posted by Sum1:
okay thanks Andiyar, thats 1 problem down

Mr. Sum1,

Andiyar's suggestion about deleting the license file and then re-running the register application worked for you? If so, that's good to know for future troubleshooting.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

Atcherly it doesnt seem to make any difference :frown:

------------------
Hi its me again šŸ™‚

Atcherly it doesnt seem to make any difference:frown:

Ahh, ok. I thought your previous post indicated that you had fixed your problem. I misunderstood. If you do get it solved please let us know how you did so, so that we can help others in the future.

Hopefully the "always soon to be released" update will take care of the problem for you. Glenn did post the problem on the beta list, so the developers are aware of it. With luck it will be fixed.

Thanks.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

Erm I have been thinking (for once) are my problems because I use the tutorial file and didnt start a new file?????

------------------
Hi its me again šŸ™‚

try going to register coldstone on the disk and reput in the access code.

------------------
Created in the Future by M e t a -Knight in his old age. I was sent to the future to undo the justice Kirby had preformed apon Popstar. I then found a Chao. I named it champ. He acompanied me on my quest. He then had a son named Champ Jr. so the Saga continues.

Tried that someone suggested that up there somewhere and it didnt work but i was just wondering about if it was cuz i used the tutorial file???

------------------
Hi its me again šŸ™‚

No.

------------------
If passion rules reason, how can you allow only reason to rule you? Only Celchu knows the answer...
Ā— Cafall

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

------------------
Hi its me again šŸ™‚

**Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why did you say that?

------------------
Thank you.