Mappage

these were experiments to map in a way similar to other games. the results are, i believe, very unavaran (bland).
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Nathan : 17 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Nathan : 17 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

Hey kool, first person to make a level in YEARS. Any chance this is downloadable somewhere? I still have yet to figure out my input problem to play online, but I wouldn't mind walking around the level to see what you have done.

As for the lava damage, I am not entirely sure what level that had it. Perhaps the 'Inferno' set of levels...? That or maybe the wrestling level sets might have a similar example. If Mondo were still around I am sure he would know... he put more work into making levels than most, all of his solo level set are an example of that.

Hey kool, first person to make a level in YEARS. Any chance this is downloadable somewhere? I still have yet to figure out my input problem to play online, but I wouldn't mind walking around the level to see what you have done.

Oh, hrm, it seems the links in the top half of my post are broken. Does anyone have hosting I could use? Or just a reliable service to recommend?

As for the lava damage, I am not entirely sure what level that had it. Perhaps the 'Inferno' set of levels...? That or maybe the wrestling level sets might have a similar example. If Mondo were still around I am sure he would know... he put more work into making levels than most, all of his solo level set are an example of that.

I don't remember that set, you should send it over. I'll shoot Mondo an email. Sphinx would likely be knowledgeable about it as well.

This post has been edited by Nathan : 01 August 2008 - 10:38 AM

@nathan, on Jul 17 2008, 01:05 PM, said in Mappage:

Also, was wondering if anyone knows anything about creating lava in Avara. Specifically, what method would be best for dealing a set rate of damage per second to the hector. There was an old level that did something similar, but I can't remember which one it was now. Help would be appreciated.

I would make a hologram as the surface, then just under it put an oscillating wall door (local mOpen, mClosed and make didOpen = close and didClose = open). Make the guardDelay 0 and shotPower something small. You may need to play with the door's deltaY so it doesn't just make the hector's legs wiggle.