GTW Game 43

Wait a second.

After all that hemming and hawing about spying on missions, why didn't Techerakh use his card?

I can only think of two possibilities. We already know that the set (Eugene Chin, SoItBegins, Mackilroy) contains at least one traitor. I, furthermore, know that I am not it. Therefore, there is at least one traitor in the set (Eugene Chin, Mackilroy). However, Techerakh doesn't use his card on that set, as he was planning.

Therefore, there are only two possibilities.

1. Techerakh is innocent, but is utterly, pigheadedly sure I'm the traitor. Evidence for this is his words earlier:

SIB's in a bind now. On the one hand, if he leaves me off the team and takes Eugene or Mack, I'll be able to use the card to determine with certainty who (if anyone) fails the mission.

Why would I be in a bind? That'd be a good thing. We'd get more information.

However, there's the other possibility:

2. Techerakh is a traitor, and has chosen not to use the card because he knows who the other traitor is. If I had chosen myself and another innocent, he could have used the card and pointed to one of the people unchosen as the (fake) traitor.
I am very tempted to believe this one.

Obviously, I'm not 100% sure of myself. As Eugene Chin says, "Of course, I could be wrong." However, I presently believe that myself and retep998 are innocent, along with exactly one of (Eugene Chin, Mackilroy).
Use this information as you will.

Wow, no story or anything. Are you feeling alright mrxak?

Anyway, umm, don't I draw a card now or something?

What is going on here???

In response to SIB's post (I never see the damn new pages!):

I was never planning on using the card. It was a bluff, under the assumption that it would effectively dissuade any traitors from failing the round 3 mission. Now there are two possibilities: either SIB is a traitor, or there was a traitor on the round 3 mission just now. If it's the former, SIB is a traitor, just like I've been saying. If it's the latter, then my bluff worked and all of SIB's analysis above is worthless.

At this point, there are two missions left, and the traitors need to fail both of them to win the game. The traitors are forced to try to fail this upcoming mission, and this time I will use my card. Either the mission will succeed and the civs will win, or at the very least we will have a pretty damn good idea of who the traitors are going into the last mission.

Anyway, SIB has predictably put all of his efforts behind accusing me of being the traitor, since he knows that the card I hold will allow me to point the finger at him or his comrade in round 5. Unfortunately for him, accusing me of being guilty necessarily means accusing retep of being innocent, so he's forced to make that argument as well.

That said, I don't think I need to convince anyone. We all know what team I'm going to propose. I just need to draw a card first. (Unless I have the rules wrong?)

Oh right, you draw a card. And that card is...

Take Responsibility

Please assign it to somebody. Whoever gets it is free to use it at any time, even as soon as they get it. After you've assigned the Take Responsibility card, you may propose names.

No long story because of the Veep debate, which was awesome.

Whoa. Anyway I hereby give the card to Mack. And I encourage him to take that damn No Confidence card away from retep with it.

I'm going to wait to see what Mack does with the card before proposing my team.

The VP debate was pretty entertaining. It's going to be a disappointment going back to the two sticks in the mud next week.

Anyone who is already missing #mafia on ASW IRC is welcome to pop in at #mafia on ravageduniverse.net where you will see some familiar faces.

Mackilroy has chosen to use the Take Responsibility card and steal retep998's No Confidence card.

Okay. Techerakh? I'm going to admit I was generally wrong. I accept your explanation, and am going to conclude that retep998 is the traitor.

Happy to hear it, SIB. Alright, here's the team I'm proposing:

Myself,
Eugene,
and
Mack.

Never fear, SIB. If you're not the other traitor, we'll know by Round 5 whether it's Eugene or Mack.

...fair enough.

Three votes are in.

Just waiting on Eugene Chin.

Proposal:
Eugene Chin
Mackilroy
Techerakh

Eugene Chin - Approve 2:32 AM 10/14
Mackilroy - Approve 7:40 PM 10/13
retep998 - Reject 8:49 PM 10/13
SoItBegins - Approve 3:32 PM 10/13
Techerakh - Approve 9:42 AM 10/13

Techerakh - Approve 9:42 AM 10/13
SoItBegins - Approve 3:32 PM 10/13
Mackilroy - Approve 7:40 PM 10/13
retep998 - Reject 8:49 PM 10/13
Eugene Chin - Approve 2:32 AM 10/14

Okay, I need to hear from retep998 if he wants to cancel this proposal or let it be approved. While I'm waiting for that, though, Eugene Chin, Mackilroy, and Techerakh can go ahead and let me know if they want the mission to SUCCEED or FAIL to speed things along. Additionally, Techerakh has the option of using his card on this mission as well, so just let me know.

@mrxak, on 13 October 2012 - 12:21 AM, said in GTW Game 43:

Mackilroy has chosen to use the Take Responsibility card and steal retep998's No Confidence card.

@mrxak, on 14 October 2012 - 01:36 AM, said in GTW Game 43:

Okay, I need to hear from retep998 if he wants to cancel this proposal or let it be approved.

Wat

Perhaps, mrxak meant 'Mackilroy'?

Neither mrxak's head nor mrxak's heart have been in this game, I am sorry to say

Oh right. Mackilroy.

Mackilroy is not using the card.

Techerakh used his card to see Eugene Chin's vote. The mission was successful. This was the third mission to succeed. The game ends at Defense Condition 3. Congratulations, everyone, the world has been saved, and peace talks are scheduled in a few months' time. Eugene Chin and retep998 are found dead in their homes, apparently from suicide. They believed in nothing.

What??? What? Eugene was a traitor and he succeeded the mission?

What the hell happened in this entire game

My apologies to SIB I guess ???????

I dunno, man. Bad guys did not really play all that well. If I was retep998, I'd have played that No Confidence card in the very first round, and prove myself to be a good guy who wanted the good guys to have five votes per round. If I was Eugene Chin, I'd have predicted your fake-out in the third round and failed the mission, making you look bad. Worst case scenario was that you'd know who the bad guy was by actually using the card, and you could be called a liar easily enough. I certainly would have failed the fourth mission, regardless of your threats.