GTW Game 43

The diplomatic mission succeeded. US armed forces stand at Defense Condition 4.

SoItBegins, it is your turn to make a proposal. With the start of a new round, you draw the Strong Leader card. Please give the card to one player other than yourself before making your team proposal.

Techerakh: speech? Convince? Dunno how you got that idea.

I give the card to Eugene Chin.

Now then... OK, so we need a proposal? I must admit that my suspicions fall on Techerakh for being a little aggressive at Eugene and Mack straight off, so I'll exclude him and retep998, whom I don't trust on principle.

So, my proposal:
SoItBegins
Mackilroy
Eugene Chin

Aggressive? I complained that they weren't posting! That's legit. Anyway, very little reason to support this proposal that I can see. Oppose.

Also, if this team has no traitors on it, that means that retep and I are the traitors, and the first thing I did in this game was give a card to my fellow traitor. Everyone can decide for themselves how likely that is.

Mack, if you weren't convinced by me, care to share your rationale in supporting that last mission?

@techerakh, on 06 October 2012 - 11:18 AM, said in GTW Game 43:

Also, if this team has no traitors on it, that means that retep and I are the traitors, and the first thing I did in this game was give a card to my fellow traitor. Everyone can decide for themselves how likely that is.

But the thing is, because that is so unlikely, nobody expects it to occur. Thus by giving the card to me you actually remove suspicion from you and me.

I have four votes in. This time we're waiting on somebody other than Mackilroy.

@techerakh, on 06 October 2012 - 11:18 AM, said in GTW Game 43:

Mack, if you weren't convinced by me, care to share your rationale in supporting that last mission?

I like Eugene Chin. Bad rationale, I know.

Proposal:
Eugene Chin
Mackilroy
SoItBegins

Eugene Chin - Approve 1:49 PM 10/6
Mackilroy - Approve 2:48 AM 10/6
retep998 - Reject 7:13 AM 10/6
SoItBegins - Approve 2:10 AM 10/6
Techerakh - Reject 12:23 PM 10/6

SoItBegins - Approve 2:10 AM 10/6
Mackilroy - Approve 2:48 AM 10/6
retep998 - Reject 7:13 AM 10/6
Techerakh - Reject 12:23 PM 10/6
Eugene Chin - Approve 1:49 PM 10/6

The mission has been approved. Eugene Chin, Mackilroy, and SoItBegins should PM me whether they want the mission to SUCCEED or FAIL.

I forgot to ask this last time, but retep998, would you like to play your No Confidence card and nullify the vote?

No, I will not play the No Confidence card. We don't have any data on who is a traitor yet, so playing my card at this point would be a waste of a card.

Waiting on... surprise! A Mackilroy.

The second mission has failed with one failure vote. The Soviets have sent an angry diplomatic cable, after apparently receiving an insulting message about the size of their, ahem, missiles. We are now at Defense Condition 3. Two more diplomatic failures like that, and we will surely be at war.

Eugene Chin, you need to tell me at this time if you'd like to play your Strong Leader card. If you choose to use the card, you will get to pick the next team of two and draw the next plot card. If you choose not to use the card, it will be Mackilroy's turn as leader.

Yeah, I think I'll play it, if only because I can't be sure it wasn't Mack who failed the mission.

Whatever the card drawn, pass it to Techerakh.

(EDIT) I should explain that: From where I'm standing, it must be one of Mackilroy or SoItBegins. If it's Mack, I don't want him tossing the power to his cohort - but Mackilroy might still be the innocent one here, so I can't toss it to SoItBegins either.

That leaves Techerakh and retep998, and everyone's already worried about retep holding the 'No Confidence'. If he's rotten, tossing more power's his way is not in our best interests.

I'm leaning towards proposing the Mission #1 crew again, but what are everyone else's thought on that? Maybe I should tap Techerakh instead?

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 06 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

If you're not going to pick either myself or SoItBegins (though I would suggest you pick myself, as someone evil would pay more attention to the game and therefore be making sure they fit in and don't make waves), I think you should go with Techerakh.

@mackilroy, on 06 October 2012 - 09:02 PM, said in GTW Game 43:

If you're not going to pick either myself or SoItBegins (though I would suggest you pick myself, as someone evil would pay more attention to the game and therefore to making sure they fit in and don't make waves), I think you should go with Techerakh.

If you're good, Eugene, then Mackilroy has to be evil, so he shouldn't get the card and neither should Techerakh. If you're evil, then we're hosed anyway but both me and and Mackilroy are then Good. However, there's no guarantee about Techerakh. Give the card to someone else!

Remember guys, just because there was one failure vote, does not mean that there's only one traitor. For all we know there could be two traitors.
So basically, at least one and at most two of Eugene Mack and SoItBegins is a traitor.
And of Tech and Retep, there is a possibility that at most one of us is a traitor.
Considering how we've had multiple GTW games recently where during the first two rounds, even when multiple traitors were in the second round, both missions always succeeded, so keep that in mind. A traitor may have held back to lower suspicion.

The card drawn is "Keeping a close eye on you". Please confirm who you are giving it to.

So, it's Eugene Chin's turn to pick a team of two. The "A Strong Leader" card is no longer in play.

If retep were innocent, then mathematically he would know that there's at least one traitor on this team. By choosing NOT to use his card, he thereby reveals himself as a traitor. I don't know who his partner is, but he'll be the one failing this mission.

"We don't have any data" my ass.

Whoops I posted without seeing the new page. No mattter, it's even clearer now that retep is guilty. The fact that SIB seems so deadset against me getting the card doesn't give him any points in my book either.

I think you are being overly aggressive as a smoke screen to distract us from you being a traitor. That's my viewpoint.

@soitbegins, on 06 October 2012 - 10:54 PM, said in GTW Game 43:

I think you are being overly aggressive as a smoke screen to distract us from you being a traitor. That's my viewpoint.

Or maybe you're attacking Tech for attacking me, because really you're the traitor and you're trying to distract us from that.
We could go in circles all day long!