GTW Game 42

Well, here's hoping we're not both wrong, eh?

Anyway, you're right about one thing; these small games of Mafia are for the birds. We should've played Resistance…

But anyway, Gene, I can't offer you much in the way of argument. SIB drew my initial suspicion simply by being the last to post in the first day, though of course he claimed it was for an innocuous reason. And that's about it as far as analysis goes. I felt pretty good about the way you came in and didn't vote immediately, which was at least in accordance with the way you played Resistance as an innocent, though that isn't much to go on. Of course, I don't need to convince you of your own innocence.

As for myself, the best I can offer is that I—contrary to SIB's inference—would not actually dare to play so aggressively if I were truly the Mafia.

OK, so either 1. Eugene's the traitor and will jump on one of us, 2. You're the traitor and there's no telling what Eugene will do. 50/50, I guess.

Well, this is painfully familiar.

With a resistance game, we'd have had at least three rounds to figure things out - and more likely four.

I've run in circles long enough - there's just too little to go on.

Shot in the dark vote: SoItBegins

And maybe after this we can set up another Resistance game.

(EDIT)
SoItBegins: (2)
Techerakh
Eugene Chin

Techerakh: (1)
SoItBegins

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 25 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

With my last breath I… ah, forget it. I'm dead.

Eugene Chin - SoItBegins
SoItBegins - Techerakh
Techerakh - SoItBegins

"The membership has reached its decision," mrxak said, looking through the ballots. "SoItBegins, you are expelled from the garden committee, effective immediately."

"No! This can't be happening!" SoItBegins cried out, apparently in the midsts of a complete breakdown. "I don't want to die! I don't want to die!"

"No one is going to die, SoItBegins," mrxak said reassuringly, as he walked to the door. "You're simply expelled from the committee."

"You're a liar! It's not true!" SoItBegins yelled, tears coming to his eyes. He turned to the other members. "You can't let this happen! You know it the same as I do! Things have gotten out of hand! I didn't squash Mrs. Winters' arugula but now I wish I had! Don't you see? The dir-"

Two men in orange suits rushed in and grabbed SoItBegins, hauling him forcefully from the room. The remaining two members of the garden committee looked at mrxak nervously, as he closed the door and walked stiffly back to his chair.

"I think we've heard enough," mrxak said, quite disturbed. "He was clearly... quite mad. Let's think no more of it. I think... I think perhaps we've done it. We've saved the community garden. Still, I'll change the lock again tonight and tell you both the new combination. We'll have to see tomorrow if the vandalism continues. If it does..."

mrxak fell silent, and Eugene Chin and Techerakh quietly exited the room after a minute's silence. One of them turned back and smiled slightly at mrxak, staring into his opened briefcase, before he closed the door behind them.

"I'm sorry, director," mrxak announced to the empty room. "I had no idea he'd react like that. Thank goodness the guards cut him off."

mrxak waited a moment before speaking again.

"He was a good man, once. I think the stress... it broke him. I don't think he meant to say the things he did," mrxak said. "I do hope he gets the help he needs. The others... I think I can keep them in line. Both of them looked quite upset at what he was about to say. They shouldn't- they shouldn't need to be dealt with."

mrxak waited another moment, then stood up behind the table and went for the exit.

Criticism of the director and those in key positions within the bunker is frowned upon.

So wait, we won or we lost? Either way, congrats to Eugene I guess

"Gentlemen. I mean gentleman. And lady," mrxak said. Eugene Chin looked around the room confused, then looked slowly back at mrxak with suspicion.

"Who exactly is this lady you keep talking about?" Eugene Chin asked, pointing a finger at mrxak.

"The director has many eyes," mrxak said, his eyes narrowing. "So, Eugene Chin, there was another incidence of vandalism last night. The zucchini were all used as some kind of rudimentary crayons on the cement walls, posting horrible untrue things about the director. One might even say it was a manifesto."

"Is that so?" Eugene Chin asked.

"It was signed by Techerakh," mrxak said, still glaring at the last remaining member of the committee.

"Oh! Was he the vandal? Is that why he hasn't joined us?" Eugene Chin asked, innocently. "I'm sure the director wasn't pleased to find out."

"He's not here because you YOU killed him!" mrxak said, pointing and shouting. "He was poisoned in the night! Right after you wrote your message in the community garden!"

"Perhaps," Eugene Chin said, his hand thoughtfully on his chin. "He could not live with himself after such vile treason? Surely, if he had poison to kill Mackilroy with, he'd have some leftover to kill himself?"

"I know it was you!" mrxak shouted.

"Prove it," Eugene Chin said, smiling thinly. "Anyway, you'll have to do it somewhere else. The garden committee needs the room."

"What are you talking about?" mrxak asked, angry.

"Well, after so many nights of terror in the gardens, it seems you aren't so above reproach after all. The remaining garden committee membership has voted to expel another member. You. I'm afraid it was quite unanimous," Eugene Chin said, looking around at the empty chairs. "I expect our first piece of business will be electing a new chairman. I suppose I ought to run for it."

"You won't get away with this!' mrxak yelled.

"Just tell me one thing, mrxak, before you go," Eugene Chin said. "Where is the director?"

"You'll never see her," mrxak said, standing up defiantly.

"Well, now that the vandal–sorry, traitor–has been found. I expect the vandalism will be ended. I'm sure the new chairman of the garden committee will have enough popular support to get, well, anything he wants," Eugene Chin said. He stood up and came around the table to mrxak, and whispered in his ear. "Perhaps even enough support to become the new director?"

mrxak swung his fist, but Eugene Chin easily dodged.

"Do go quietly, mrxak," Eugene Chin said, coldly. "I'm sure the guards will have some questions about you giving Techerakh the combination to the community garden. It would be a shame if they had to get rough."

mrxak, furious, grabbed his briefcase and moved to the door.

"Careful what you eat, mrxak," Eugene Chin called after him. "Somebody might still be poisoning people's tomatoes!"

Did nobody notice the hidden messages?

As history is always written by the victors, Eugene Chin's role is officially that of Freedom Fighter. Indeed, he was the only good guy, fighting against the oppressive dictatorial regime of the director in Bunker 17. The rest of you were quite evil, helping to prop up a corrupt and homicidal government through control of the only luxury innocent members of the community had, the occasional fresh vegetable or piece fruit, instead of the usual survival rations. Eugene Chin has fought for liberty, and won, though his quest to find and overthrow the director remains to be carried out. The popular support he now has as the only member of the garden committee seen to be loyal, will surely give him the ability to carry out his endgame. Congratulations, Eugene Chin!

Two rounds was really too little for anybody to catch the wolf here - and the fact that I walked into both rounds and saw a room full of people pointing at each other didn't help the situation.

@mrxak, on 23 September 2012 - 06:08 AM, said in GTW Game 42:

Welcome to Bunker 17.

The bombs fell ten years ago.

There used to be seven members of the garden committee.

The recent garden vandalism is not the only troubling incident in the bunker lately.

No one has seen the director publicly in years.

Criticism of the director and those in key positions within then bunker is frowned upon.

Did nobody notice the hidden messages?

Noticed, But I didn't know if the Bunker 17 stuff was in anybody else's role PM's. It'd have been a fast and stupid way to blow my cover if I commented on them, and they weren't part of anybody else's PM's.

My Role PM was as follows:

mrxak, on 23 September 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

Life in Bunker 17 is hard. It's made harder by the arrogant garden committee members who think their produce is the best and enforce a strict set of rules about how much water to use, what kinds of fertilizer are allowed, and how long or short the fluorescent lights should be on to help the plants grow.

You've had enough, and you've decided to fight back. It's the chairman's fault, really. He needs to go, and you're the only one brave enough to get rid of him. The community garden is a symbol of hope in the community. If the chairman of the garden committee is seen to be too weak to protect the community garden where hardworking bunker citizens plant and harvest their ration supplements, the community will insist on his removal. Then, perhaps, you can gather enough support to take his job, and institute the reform you think is needed. In a way, you are a hero.

You are the vandal. Each night, you will murder a single vegetable or fruit and strike a blow for the freedom of Bunker 17. Also, you will poison one of the other loyalist committee members, in the attempt to gain greater power on the garden committee and bolster your image in the community. In two steps, you will weaken the chairman, and strengthen yourself. Good luck, freedom fighter.

Perhaps, once you are the last one standing, you will earn a special audience with the director...

Out of curiosity, what was everyone else's Role PM?

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 27 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

You lost, trust me. (/dies)

BTW, I was innocent— and no, I didn't notice the messages.

EDIT: PM? Like this:

You are a loyal member of the garden committee, safeguarding the garden spaces for all in the community. Yes, some of the rules the committee makes are a bit excessive and quite strict, but they are necessary to protect the entire community and the fruits and vegetables themselves. Of course, the recent vandalism incidents have you a little nervous. Your position is a tenuous one, and though you'd never speak out against the dictatorial chairman, you fear that you'll be blamed for his failure to properly protect the community garden, should the vandalism continue.

It's time to take a stand, and show that the garden committee won't back down when faced with garden terrorism. End the vandalism by any means necessary, and do not hesitate to accuse your fellow committee members. They will not hesitate to point the finger at you, after all. People are scared and desperate. The community garden is a symbol of hope in these troubled times, and the community will not tolerate incompetence on the committee.

You are not the vandal. You will vote each day to expel one of the committee members in the attempt to find the vandal and see they are brought to justice. That's what the chairman thinks is best, and what the chairman thinks is best is always best.

Perhaps, if you show you are a good and loyal member of the garden committee, with only the best interests of the community at heart, you will earn a special audience with the director...

No mention of the bunker stuff.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 27 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

@soitbegins, on 27 September 2012 - 02:47 AM, said in GTW Game 42:

I didn't notice the messages.

I guess I hid them too well, even though there was that extra space at the bottom of all my posts.

I noticed the bunker stuff since, for whatever reason, the background color on mobile is slightly different. I wasn't aware I was supposed to comment on it though

edit: Oh, and I take full responsibility for this loss. Sorry fellow vegetable people, or whatever we were 😞

This post has been edited by Techerakh : 27 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

I saw those. Wasn't sure if they were fluff as so much of mrxak's writing for GTW is, or meant to be taken seriously.

My role PM:

mrxak, on 23 September 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

You are a loyal member of the garden committee, safeguarding the garden spaces for all in the community. Yes, some of the rules the committee makes are a bit excessive and quite strict, but they are necessary to protect the entire community and the fruits and vegetables themselves. Of course, the recent vandalism incidents have you a little nervous. Your position is a tenuous one, and though you'd never speak out against the dictatorial chairman, you fear that you'll be blamed for his failure to properly protect the community garden, should the vandalism continue.

It's time to take a stand, and show that the garden committee won't back down when faced with garden terrorism. End the vandalism by any means necessary, and do not hesitate to accuse your fellow committee members. They will not hesitate to point the finger at you, after all. People are scared and desperate. The community garden is a symbol of hope in these troubled times, and the community will not tolerate incompetence on the committee.

You are not the vandal. You will vote each day to expel one of the committee members in the attempt to find the vandal and see they are brought to justice. That's what the chairman thinks is best, and what the chairman thinks is best is always best.

Perhaps, if you show you are a good and loyal member of the garden committee, with only the best interests of the community at heart, you will earn a special audience with the director...

@mrxak, on 27 September 2012 - 05:15 AM, said in GTW Game 42:

I guess I hid them too well, even though there was that extra space at the bottom of all my posts.

My advice is, just use white text next time. It'll be visible a little. I know a bunch of ways to extend posts without saying anything.

@soitbegins, on 28 September 2012 - 04:49 PM, said in GTW Game 42:

My advice is, just use white text next time. It'll be visible a little. I know a bunch of ways to extend posts without saying anything.

That's less fun.