GTW 40

I agree Jacabyte, the traitor(s) probably did vote this proposal through to take the heat off them but I do like your idea of using mostly the same crew but with some changes on those people we are still iffy on. Take your time on this darth_Vader. (But not too long. 😛 )

Seeing as how I don't particularly trust darth_vader, this next proposal will be interesting.

I think we should put the same people from mission 2 on mission 3. I bet we managed to find 4 people who are innocent, so if we run the same names we'll be home free. Any additions/changes should be rejected.

I have a feeling it's going to be a while before we see a new proposal.

And it's probably going to get rejected anyway.

Okay so the last proposal was
croc
JacaByte
mrxak
SoItBegins

and the motion passed. I don't think Jacabyte is correct in saying that all those people are innocent, since the traitors would still have reason to lay low. On the other hand, that means that even at this late stage we have very little to go on for figuring out who the traitors are. mrxak has stated that he doesn't trust me, though he has not stated why. Even so, I'm not going to try to retaliate against him. I defended him last time when I thought he was accused for no reason by SIB. I do want to hear his reasons though.

This isn't my final proposal, but right now I'm thinking croc, JacaByte, mrxak, and myself. I want to wait and here mrxak's defense of his mistrust for me before I finalize that proposal. I need to see if he has legitimate reasons or is just trying to stir up distrust, which would increase how suspicious I am of him. I didn't include SIB this time around for the same reason. I know he was on a successful team, but earlier he accused mrxak for no reason, and I find that action arouses my suspicion, so I trust him least. If mrxak doesn't come forward with an answer, I might replace him with prophile, about whom I really know nothing. I would be less suspicious of him than of anyone who makes a random accusation though. What do you guys think? Is mrxak to be trusted? Is prophile a good replacement if he can't be?

I'll check back later today and finalize this proposal if there are no objections, and I promise I'll be more prompt about it than I have been. 🙂

I think this proves that you're a traitor myself, but let's see what mrxak thinks.

The only person I'd credit with being clever enough to lie low on a second mission were he a traitor is mrxak. I seriously doubt that either croc or SIB are sleeper agents. If you want to replace somebody on from the second mission with somebody else from the third mission, I'd want them to replace mrxak, and only if we're absolutely sure that they're innocent. At random, if mrxak is a traitor we have a 50% chance of replacing him with somebody innocent from the pool of 4 people who were not on mission 2. If mrxak is innocent we have a 25% chance of replace him with somebody innocent. Of course you could apply this same logic to croc, SIB, and myself as well, as long as you make plans to only replace one of the people who were on the second mission.

@jacabyte, on 03 August 2012 - 04:34 PM, said in GTW 40:

I think this proves that you're a traitor myself, but let's see what mrxak thinks.

How?

The only person I'd credit with being clever enough to lie low on a second mission were he a traitor is mrxak. I seriously doubt that either croc or SIB are sleeper agents. If you want to replace somebody on from the second mission with somebody else from the third mission, I'd want them to replace mrxak, and only if we're absolutely sure that they're innocent. At random, if mrxak is a traitor we have a 50% chance of replacing him with somebody innocent from the pool of 4 people who were not on mission 2. If mrxak is innocent we have a 25% chance of replace him with somebody innocent. Of course you could apply this same logic to croc, SIB, and myself as well, as long as you make plans to only replace one of the people who were on the second mission.

Okay. So all you're saying is that some of these people could be guilty, and some of the other people could be guilty. I don't see how this is productive. Only replacing one person from the second mission was your idea, and I thought it was a good one. I know my own innocence with certainty, so I chose to replace the one who I was least certain about, which was SIB. If you can tell me why mrxak is more suspicious than he is, then I'll replace mrxak instead.

In case anyone is wondering, and it appears several people are, I was suspicious of mrxak for the last two missions because of his sheer aggressiveness and general odd behavior. He's usually more... sanguine.

With the success of missions 1 and 2, I'm not sure what to think at this time. I'm still a little suspicious of him, but, well... other than that, not a clue.

@darth_vader, on 03 August 2012 - 04:10 PM, said in GTW 40:

mrxak has stated that he doesn't trust me, though he has not stated why. Even so, I'm not going to try to retaliate against him. I defended him last time when I thought he was accused for no reason by SIB. I do want to hear his reasons though.

In the first round I trusted you more than the average player. You behaved as a logical innocent member of this council ought to have. SInce then, though, you've been more... aloof, rather prophile-like. This is not a good thing, and has squandered any trust you managed to build up in the first round. If you are going to be a more active participant here, I welcome it

@soitbegins, on 04 August 2012 - 12:24 AM, said in GTW 40:

In case anyone is wondering, and it appears several people are, I was suspicious of mrxak for the last two missions because of his sheer aggressiveness and general odd behavior. He's usually more... sanguine.

With the success of missions 1 and 2, I'm not sure what to think at this time. I'm still a little suspicious of him, but, well... other than that, not a clue.

As I explained to JacaByte, in the last ten games, I played in seven. Two of those I died in the first round. Of the remaining five, I've been accused of aggression in four of them. The remaining one I would certainly say I was aggressive in, but the game was won for the good guys in just two rounds with my (aggressive) lead, so nobody bothered to accuse me.

Only one of the games I've been accused of aggression in, I was actually a bad guy.

Man, this game is going reeeeeeally slowly...
Zzzzzzz...

This post has been edited by retep998 : 04 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

@mrxak, on 04 August 2012 - 02:00 AM, said in GTW 40:

darth_vader said:

DRAMA

In the first round I trusted you more than the average player. You behaved as a logical innocent member of this council ought to have. SInce then, though, you've been more... aloof, rather prophile-like.

I didn't know it was darth_vader's birthday.

@soitbegins, on 04 August 2012 - 03:50 AM, said in GTW 40:

I didn't know it was darth_vader's birthday.

What.

Because if he's prophile-like, then since it's always prophile's birthday... nevermind.

Alright, my final proposal is this:

**darth_vader
JacaByte
croc
prophile
JacaByte still suspects me and won't say why, but I'll take the risk that he's innocent. People seem stirred up against mrxak, so I'll leave him out. Unlike mrxak, I don't think that not posting much is any indication of traitorous intent (mrxak, remember that SIB accused you of being a traitor for posting too much, and I know we both agreed that's ridiculous. This is no different.) croc hasn't done anything to make me suspicious, nor anyone else, and he was on a successful mission.

Lead balloon.

Lead balloons float. Otherwise... I think I'll be rejecting this. I think all the people on the second mission were innocent, which means there's a 75% chance Darth Vader is a traitor. We can't take that kind of risk at this point.

I'm always in favor of more discussion, but honestly, what is there to say? I can't imagine this being approved. I think everyone pretty much knows what kind of mission needs to be picked, it's just a matter of finding somebody who is willing to pick it. Luckily, we're down far enough in the list that if we reject the first four mission proposals of this round, we'll end up with mrxak for the fifth and final one. I'm quite pleased with this arrangement in what is sure to be a contentious third mission selection process.

I need three more votes from the usual suspects. Could almost end the round right now though…