GTW 39

I approve of this motion, because I know my status as an innocent. I hope retep and adam are also innocent so we can put another successful mission on the scoreboard.

Since I know I am innocent, and the chances of having a traitor on this mission are extremely high, (75%) I must reject this proposal as well. And if the mission fails, we won't be any closer to figuring out which of the three on this detail is a traitor.

Please PM me, everyone, whether you APPROVE or REJECT the third proposed second operation:
adam_0
Mackilroy
retep998

This includes you too, adam_0 shakes fist.

I find it interesting how in this second assignment, each person has only changed the proposed committee by one person.
Anyway, because this current committee contains me, I do hereby approve this proposal.

Only waiting on one vote.

I'm going to accuse retep998 of treachery.

If I were a traitor, I would want to include myself on any committees I put forward, of course. But I also have another motive; since I don't know who my partner is, I would also want to figure out who my partner was. The best way to do this would be to put random persons who have not been in a committee on a committee with yourself. Or are they random?

In the case that retep is a traitor he would know that the likelihood of me being a traitor as well is extremely low (6.67%) and would probably deduce that I'm innocent. Therefore, if retep is a traitor he would want to be on a committee that did not include myself, to increase his odds of finding his partner. Incidentally, this would mean that retep thinks adam_0 and Crow T. Robot are the best candidates for being a traitor.

I agree Jacabyte that it seems possible that retep998 might be hunting around for his partner. Remember that mrxak said the partner's would not be told who the other one is but he would give notification if the partner had been put up for voting. Also, mrxak said that if we do not get a proposed group voted through in 5 tries, the terrorist get an automatic win for the round. So we need to get a group voted through otherwise the game will be tied 1-1.

Agreed, but if this committee doesn't go through we can propose 2 more before we forfeit this round.

Oh look, this is starting to sound like previous games, where people suddenly think I'm evil and it turns out, like always, that I'm not.
Seriously, me making random decisions is in no way an indicator of my treachery, and if anything, it only makes me more suspicious as to why you're attacking me for such a terrible reason.
Right now I've got my eye on Jaca as a potential traitor, but until we get more rounds finished, we don't have much data to work on except accusations.

@crow-t--robot, on 16 July 2012 - 10:13 AM, said in GTW 39:

I agree Jacabyte that it seems possible that retep998 might be hunting around for his partner. Remember that mrxak said the partner's would not be told who the other one is but he would give notification if the partner had been put up for voting. Also, mrxak said that if we do not get a proposed group voted through in 5 tries, the terrorist get an automatic win for the round. So we need to get a group voted through otherwise the game will be tied 1-1.

@jacabyte, on 16 July 2012 - 10:31 AM, said in GTW 39:

Agreed, but if this committee doesn't go through we can propose 2 more before we forfeit this round.

You forfeit the whole game, not the round. The stakes are nuclear. Still no vote from the last person.

If this "someone" fails to vote, that just means the round goes on without their vote, right?

I'll give it a couple more hours.

Sorry about the slow response. My computer picked a most inopportune time to break down, and I am checking the topic on a slightly lower frequency than usual. I will still be present.

I'm having grave doubts about retep myself, and have chosen to reject.

Operation 2 Name Proposal 3
adam_0
Mackilroy
retep998

Mackilroy - Approve 8:33 PM
Crow T. Robot - Approve 8:40 PM
JacaByte - Reject 8:53 PM
adam_0 - Approve 9:17 PM
retep998 - Approve 2:02 AM
SoItBegins - Reject 2:35 PM

Motion passes.

I need PMs from adam_0, Mackilroy, and retep998 telling me if they want the operation to FAIL or SUCCEED.

I've PMed mrxak with my SUCCEED vote.

@retep998, on 16 July 2012 - 10:51 AM, said in GTW 39:

Oh look, this is starting to sound like previous games, where people suddenly think I'm evil and it turns out, like always, that I'm not.

I couldn't care less if we somehow scapegoated you during the last game, the outcome of GTW 36 is irrelevant to this game.

Operation #2 has failed.

One member of the team sabotaged the operation.

Mackilroy, you may now submit names for the third operation team. The team will consist of 4 names.

My list for the third operation:

Crow T. Robot
JacaByte
Mackilroy
SoItBegins

Because I'm innocent, there's a 50% chance Mackilroy sabotaged the last operation. That's too high of a risk.

Reject.

EDITed because I posted, then Mack ninja-edited.

This post has been edited by adam_0 : 17 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

Actually, I had the list, then decided I'd go through my notes again so I deleted the names, then edited them back in. I just find the timing of last night's announcement interesting…