Global Thermonuclear War

@jacabyte, on 20 May 2012 - 09:35 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

So why are you trying to single out nfreader, Crow T. Robot and I?

The man looked at JacaByte. "Whoa there!" he said. "I'm not trying to pick a fight. This... 'game' is one of suspicions and theorizing. I believe you're suspicious, is all." He took another long look. "You know...
you're too suspicious. You're being unduly aggressive, and while I'm no stranger to being a target, I can't help wondering who's pointing the finger now— and why."

He shook his head, finally.
"I'm sorry, JacaByte. But I can't help feeling it's either you or Crow. I'll cover my bets and place on you."

His placard changed to JacaByte.

_

(In the very likely case that there is more than one terrorist considering how prophile tried to voice his findings.)

(Typically, a game of GTW works best if one player in every 4 or 5 is evil. 2 evil players is a possibility, so we'd better make tonight count.)_

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 22 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

You didn't answer my question. 🙂

@jacabyte, on 20 May 2012 - 10:57 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

You didn't answer my question. 🙂

The man in blue shrugged. "I've explained my reasoning. I'm going by a combination of incomplete post logs, a list of who was active when on Day 1, and my gut. I've 'singled you out', as you claim, because you and Crow were active early— before I was— and you voted for mud212. My hunch is, you're covering your tracks by voting (early) for the same person who was killed. I'm not really worried about nfreader. He was just active around the same time."

He smiled, his mouth just visible in the shadows. "Now, let me ask you something. Why couldn't Shlimazel be a terrorist? Since you mention him, it was mrxak vs. him in the first round. I was suspicious of him last round, but I voted for mrxak, figuring everything would sort itself out. I'd meant to vote for him today, but instead, you and Crow set off the ol' gut."

"So, what's your take on events?" the man asked. "Let's assume I'm just an average Joe for a bit, and get to theorizing. Who's your pick for evildoer of the week, and why?"

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 21 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

buzz hum nfreader seems the most suspicious to me, the way he's acting seems much different than what I have obzerved (click humm) ...elsewhere. I'm going to vote for nfreader the hum dies down and there is silence

In light of new information, the representative from the Gizmonic Institute has labeled Jacabyte an enemy of the state. May justice come swiftly to end his tyrannical reign.

Message received with priority MINISTER-PROCYON
Requesting remote decryption keys...
Status OK
Signatures match

TO: CINCUNCIC (ADM. MACK)
FM: INDEPENDENT SAN SERIFE (REP. NFREADER)
RE: OUR VOTE
PRIORITY TAG: MINISTER-PROCYON

----PRINTING DECRYPTION KEYBLOCK----
(MINISTER-PROCYON DRY-64)

5e7f8649d4c4c33adc0588b1ea9e58269af447d3826f7c0242abcf2c8c
e6264fa3551366df167b1e18fcf060d18f3a699b2d7cc8ea3accc0cac2
c759e4c41294a0922a9f8effc7663a2beccedc6abc2ab1f7329a578012
65e55a3a780e7f5328c2f560ff1765fe8555b5a3e9cb080fa5541fce0f
df3ff2d48eb79dcc74a6663ee5a374a356298a9b1b8e7cd600c9847c27
110d99e588051e2639b89f53ab93017a8419d9cb2ca5830f3f60ac9221

----END DECRYPTION KEYBLOCK----

----PRINTING MESSAGE CLEARTEXT----

1 BASED ON MY PERSONAL ANALYSIS AND THAT OF THE SAN SERIFE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY (SSIA), WE ARE HEREBY CASTING OUR VOTE FOR MRXAK

----END MESSAGE----

mrxak's already out of it, you can't vote for him now.humm

Let's have another look at why I'm voting for Crow T. Robot;

Crow T. Robot voted for me initially in the first round, reflexively because I voted for him. mud212 was the second to vote for him, and Crow T. Robot ended up changing his vote to mud212 after I changed mine to mud212 as well. mud212 ended up being the lynch target as well as the terrorist target. This is highly unusual, and if you had been paying attention to my earlier posts you would have found that all of us who are alive now were alive when it became apparent that mud212 would be lynched. The terrorists, whomever they are, had plenty of time to change they target. But they did not.

In the next round prophile was the first to vote for Crow T. Robot. I voted for him as well. prophile ended up being the terrorist target, and it was found that he was the IA. I find it extremely likely that prophile had investigated Crow T. Robot and found that he was a terrorist.

During this round he changed his vote to me to exact a tie between himself and I. In the event that this round ends in a tie somebody innocent is guaranteed to be killed at the hands of the terrorists. Let me repeat that: if there is a tie the terrorists get a free kill, and it will be somebody innocent. If Crow T. Robot were innocent, then he's nothing better than an aide to the terrorists at this point.

You would be stupid not to lynch Crow T. Robot this round.

But he's not the only delegate I'm suspicious of, only the one I am most certain is a terrorist.

SoItBegins is my second candidate for being a terrorist. He bandwagoned on mud212 during the first round and ensured that mud212 was lynched, and then he did the same to mrxak during the second round. Normally that's not suspicious in and of itself, but during the third round you voted for me, because I asked you a simple question about why only three of us were potentially traitors when, in fact, all of us are potentially traitors, and I had stated this earlier in the round;

@jacabyte, on 20 May 2012 - 06:12 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

everybody who is currently alive was online when it became apparent that mud212 would be lynched by a plurality of votes, after this post.

So you if you were reading you would have known this before I asked you why you were singling out three of us when that logically holds no water. And that post I linked to? You made it, so you should have known that the premise of "mud212 was targeted because the terrorists were inactive" is false and of any of us could still be terrorists in spite of the fact that you have poor reading comprehension.

Another thing that peaked my curiosity was when Crow T. Robot initially voted for you. Assuming Crow T. Robot is a terrorist, a vote for you would guarantee that attention would be drawn away from you, which is a tactic you used as a traitor in a previous GTW game.

So either you're a traitor or just a really bad diplomat.

Shlimazel is my third candidate. Each time he's voted it has been to bandwagon on somebody else; his vote for mud212 was the third and his vote for mrxak was the third and final vote. A tie breaker, in fact. Not suspicious in an of itself, but mrxak is right that it's illogical to defend somebody whose role you don't know (even though mrxak had made a logical error himself and was lynched for it) and then Shlimazel apologized to mrxak after his death;

@shlimazel, on 20 May 2012 - 05:55 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Sorry mrxak, i guess that was the wrong way to break that tie.

The alternative was to vote for Crow T. Robot. Assuming Crow T. Robot is a terrorist, wouldn't breaking the tie to favor Crow T. Robot have been fortuitous? We'd have nabbed a traitor in the second round and then be free to speculate on who the next traitor was.

If Shlimazel is innocent there was a 50/50 chance of him voting for Crow T. Robot or for mrxak. If Crow T. Robot is a traitor, and Shlimazel is his partner, there was a 100% chance of him voting for mrxak. Shlimazel wouldn't oust his partner unless he was forced to, would he? But that's not enough to prove his guilt IMO.

And next you have Kasofa1 and nfreader. Kasofa voted for nfreader during the first round and nfreader made some seemingly random votes. Then they did jack squat the second round. And this round Kasofa voted for nfreader again, and nfreader voted for a dead man. A dead man, for crying out loud.

And I am the only person whom I know, for certain, is innocent.

So I see three possibilities, in the event that there are two traitors; either Crow T. Robot and SoItBegins are partners in treachery, Crow T. Robot and Shlimazel are traitors, or Kasofa1 and nfreader are traitors, in the highly unlikely event that Crow is not a traitor.

I beg you, vote for Crow T. Robot this round. If I'm wrong about his role, then we're all dead anyway. It could be an elaborate trap, but why would I stick my neck out so far to ensure that Crow T. Robot gets lynched unless I was certain about his role as a traitor?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 21 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

@jacabyte, on 21 May 2012 - 11:27 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Let's have another look at why I'm voting for Crow T. Robot;

Crow T. Robot voted for me initially in the first round, reflexively because I voted for him. mud212 was the second to vote for him, and Crow T. Robot ended up changing his vote to mud212 after I changed mine to mud212 as well. mud212 ended up being the lynch target as well as the terrorist target. This is highly unusual, and if you had been paying attention to my earlier posts you would have found that all of us who are alive now were alive when it became apparent that mud212 would be lynched. The terrorists, whomever they are, had plenty of time to change they target. But they did not.

"I know that," the man in the blue suit said. "I know everybody was active after then. Which means they decided not to do so. I assumed it was to throw suspicion away from those who HAD voted for mud, which is why I'm suspicious of you and Crow."

In the next round prophile was the first to vote for Crow T. Robot. I voted for him as well. prophile ended up being the terrorist target, and it was found that he was the IA. I find it extremely likely that prophile had investigated Crow T. Robot and found that he was a terrorist.

During this round he changed his vote to me to exact a tie between himself and I. In the event that this round ends in a tie somebody innocent is guaranteed to be killed at the hands of the terrorists. Let me repeat that: if there is a tie the terrorists get a free kill, and it will be somebody innocent. If Crow T. Robot were innocent, then he's nothing better than an aide to the terrorists at this point.

You would be stupid not to lynch Crow T. Robot this round.

"Hmm..." the man in blue said. "You may be right."

But he's not the only delegate I'm suspicious of, only the one I am most certain is a terrorist.

SoItBegins is my second candidate for being a terrorist. He bandwagoned on mud212 during the first round and ensured that mud212 was lynched, and then he did the same to mrxak during the second round. Normally that's not suspicious in and of itself, but during the third round you voted for me, because I asked you a simple question about why only three of us were potentially traitors when, in fact, all of us are potentially traitors, and I had stated this earlier in the round;

So you if you were reading you would have known this before I asked you why you were singling out three of us when that logically holds no water. And that post I linked to? You made it, so you should have known that the premise of "mud212 was targeted because the terrorists were inactive" is false and of any of us could still be terrorists in spite of the fact that you have poor reading comprehension.

Another thing that peaked my curiosity was when Crow T. Robot initially voted for you. Assuming Crow T. Robot is a terrorist, a vote for you would guarantee that attention would be drawn away from you, which is a tactic you used as a traitor in a previous GTW game.

So either you're a traitor or just a really bad diplomat.

The man threw back his head at this one, laughing loud enough to shake the table. "I knew I've habitually been a bad diplomat," he said, his voice merry. "What I said just now about suspicion still stands— to repeat, the lynch wasn't changed to throw suspicion away from someone who voted for mud. As for Crow voting for me— if he is a terrorist, then wouldn't he suspect that by voting for me, apparently to throw suspicion away from me, he'd draw it towards me? Now, I don't know Crow, but he may know my track record, and I've been a scapegoat for every bad guy from here to kingdom come.

I don't doubt I'll be forced in that role for some time, but let me explain myself.
In the first round, of course I bandwagoned! It seemed like one was building on mud212, so I jumped onto it. It was the first day. What else would you do?

In the second round, well, mrxak's skewering of Shlimazel and kasofa seemed unduly agressive. I thought whether to vote for him, or Shlim; finally I decided on him, mostly to see what would happen. In particular, I wanted to see his response. I never saw a reason to change my vote, though it was obviously the wrong choice."

Shlimazel is my third candidate. Each time he's voted it has been to bandwagon on somebody else; his vote for mud212 was the third and his vote for mrxak was the third and final vote. A tie breaker, in fact. Not suspicious in an of itself, but mrxak is right that it's illogical to defend somebody whose role you don't know (even though mrxak had made a logical error himself and was lynched for it) and then Shlimazel apologized to mrxak after his death;

The alternative was to vote for Crow T. Robot. Assuming Crow T. Robot is a terrorist, wouldn't breaking the tie to favor Crow T. Robot have been fortuitous? We'd have nabbed a traitor in the second round and then be free to speculate on who the next traitor was.

If Shlimazel is innocent there was a 50/50 chance of him voting for Crow T. Robot or for mrxak. If Crow T. Robot is a traitor, and Shlimazel is his partner, there was a 100% chance of him voting for mrxak. Shlimazel wouldn't oust his partner unless he was forced to, would he? But that's not enough to prove his guilt IMO.

And next you have Kasofa1 and nfreader. Kasofa voted for nfreader during the first round and nfreader made some seemingly random votes. Then they did jack squat the second round. And this round Kasofa voted for nfreader again, and nfreader voted for a dead man. A dead man, for crying out loud.

And I am the only person whom I know, for certain, is innocent.

The man pointed out, "And I'm the only person who I know lives in a tent, so we're even."

So I see three possibilities, in the event that there are two traitors; either Crow T. Robot and SoItBegins are partners in treachery, Crow T. Robot and Shlimazel are traitors, or Kasofa1 and nfreader are traitors, in the highly unlikely event that Crow is not a traitor.

I beg you, vote for Crow T. Robot this round. If I'm wrong about his role, then we're all dead anyway. It could be an elaborate trap, but why would I stick my neck out so far to ensure that Crow T. Robot gets lynched unless I was certain about his role as a traitor?

The man thought it over, weighing his words. "Let's see," he said. "I'll accept your examples, but with just a few differences. I suppose Kasofa and nfreader could be suspicious, but while they're a possible pairing, I don't really suspect them. The other choices are:
• Crow and Shlimazel — we've already touched on this one.
Crow and JacaByte — This doesn't seem possible. Not when one's voting for the other, and seems deadly willing to follow it through. Not yet, anyway.
• Shlimazel and JacaByte — Could be."

"You know," finished the man, "the weak link in this chain is Shlimazel! How about we agree to put aside our differences and vote for him? We can resolve this whole Crow-said Jaca-said business later. It'll resolve the problem of ties, anyway."

His placard changed to Shlimazel.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 22 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

@jacabyte, on 21 May 2012 - 11:27 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Large amount of notes

Jacabyte, there is one small piece you did forget to mention. This is my first time playing GTW. I kinda doubt mackilroy would give a noob a main character roll their first crack at this game. Just wanted to point that out.

Actually, that sounds a whole heck of a lot like something Mack would do, just to screw with us.

Fine then. Let's see if Shlimazel is a traitor. If he's not, the game will be over anyway, but if he is, color me surprised!

Final vote tally:

Shlimazel
JacaByte
SoItBegins

Crow T. Robot
Shlimazel

nfreader
Kasofa1

mrxak
nfreader

JacaByte
Crow T. Robot

(The camera is looking upon a steadily-dropping crowd of diplomats, all of whom look nervous at what is to come.)

NARRATOR: Shlimazel. You are a traitor. For this, you shall die, your people shall die, your pet rabbit shall die, and your favorite hair gel will be discontinued. Guards? Take him away!

(Shlimazel's country is swiftly destroyed by fusion weaponry and Shlimazel is taken to be mindwiped, renamed Mazldik and returned to the surface to begin a new life. As they lead him away JacaByte abruptly slumps over, dead.)

NARRATOR: Oh no! Someone check JacaByte's body and find out what happened to him!

(SoItBegins is again the closest and checks, finding a poison dart at the base of JacaByte's neck. He holds it up for everyone to see, and the remaining diplomats look around wildly to see who could have fired it, but see no one.)

NARRATOR: evil has struck us yet again! No man, diplomat or pet rabbit is safe!

JacaByte was a diplomat. Shlimazel was a traitor.

Remaining players :
Crow T. Robot
Kasofa1
nfreader
SoItBegins

I knew it! I too curse Zoidberg with my last breath!

Well, we did get one of the terrorist but that does leave us with one remaining. With that, the representative from the Gizmonic Institute would like to put SoItBegins forward for being the remaining terrorist among us.

This post has been edited by Crow T. Robot : 24 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

With my last sane moment i laugh maniacally in your faces! You're doomed- doomed, i say!

The man in blue smiled. Little by little, the shadows around his face were clearing.

"Well," he said, "That's one down. And poor Jaca was right all along— he was innocent. I think I'll honor his memory and reasoning by voting for the villain he so painstakingly picked out."

The man held up a sign, hand-drawn, saying, " Crow T. Robot is the other traitor! Vote for him and we win!"

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 24 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

mrxak

Click, slot, bing! "I too feel that Crow T Robot is the traitor."

-K

I telling you, your making a huge mistake thinking I'm the terrorist. Your only going to allow the terrorist to win with my death. Also, why is nfreader continuing to vote for mrxak who has been dead for two rounds?

@crow-t--robot, on 23 May 2012 - 07:41 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I telling you, your making a huge mistake thinking I'm the terrorist. Your only going to allow the terrorist to win with my death. Also, why is nfreader continuing to vote for mrxak who has been dead for two rounds?

"So, who do you suspect?" the man asked. "Aside from me, that is."