xander's Global Thermonuclear War

Yeah, we like to hide things from you...

Er, I mean, we keep the bad things from you guys! That's it. 🙂

I want to blow things up. MAKE THINGS GO BOOM!!!!

In

All righty then. I have a long day of classes ahead of me, but when I get home this evening, I will assign special roles and send out PMs. If you want to play, you have another 12 hours to sign-up. Sign-ups will close at around 8:00 PM PDT on 5 May 2008 (if I have done my math correctly, that is 3:00 AM GMT on 6 May 2008).

xander

That'd be 3 AM, xander.

Curses, looks like I'm not as available as I first thought... Keep me in the game, but expect long bouts of absence from me.

Caution Ambrosians: To avoid delays don't make Jaca a terrorist.

Lets just vote him off in the first round again. HEHEHEHE!

Watch it, if I get an assassin role...

_Ladies and Gentlemen of the UN,

We need to come to a decision. I now turn proceedings over to Secretary General kickme._

-----

Okay, sorry for the delay. It has been a hell of a day. At any rate, sign-ups are now closed. All roles have been assigned using the random integer generator at http://random.org . I am sending out PMs now. There are three traitors, and two other specials -- read the first post for details. As noted above, kickme is the Secretary General. In case of a tie, he shall have the tie-breaking vote. The first active phase begins as soon as you get your PM. Post your votes here.

xander

Will innocents get PMs too?

All PMs have been sent. This includes innocents. If you are playing this game, and you did not get a PM, get back to me as soon as possible. I am going to bed now, and will probably be up in about 6 hours. I expect that the first active phase will last about 36 hours, though I make no promises. Please try to vote by Wednesday 7 May 2008, 8:00 AM PDT (Wednesday 7 May 2008, 3:00 PM GMT). Voting may go longer than that, but I make no promises. And remember that you risk elimination by not voting, so please make sure to cast your ballots.

And, with that, I am off to bed. G'night, all, and good luck!

xander

I'm voting for Templar98921 because I don't want to have to remember all those numbers in subsequent rounds.

These people are in attendance:

mrxak
Mackilroy
EKHawkman
Hypochondriac
SoItBegins
jrsh92
LNSU
Manta
Eugene Chin
darth_vader
Templar98921
GutlessWonder
JacaByte
prophile
and I

Discussions begin whenever. Hopefully soon.

I don't trust this "and I" person. I've never heard of him.

My vote is for SoItBegins (retracted for reasons explained below ) for wasting time with the previous game.

EDIT by xander: please do not bold the word (retracted). Just make sure it is there.

This post has been edited by darwinian : 06 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

I thusly vote for Manta (retracted) for letting events outside of the game color his actions within it.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 06 May 2008 - 11:40 AM

manta (retracted) It's not fair to use events outside the game to vote.

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 06 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

I vote SoItBegins (retracted) to tie, and hopefully stall this Manta Bandwagon before it sets the tone for this game.

(EDIT) Really, SIB's vote was not unexpected in these situations, but Hypochondriac was very quick to pounce on Manta. Maybe I should vote for him instead?

(EDITx2) Additionally, if Manta was actually a traitor instead of an innocent w/ a grudge, it makes more sense to Night-Kill SIB at earliest opportunity, instead of showing his rage in the vote.

EDITED by xander: Please do not bold the word (retracted). Just put it there. Thanks.

This post has been edited by darwinian : 06 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

Hypochondriac , you were the first person to bandwagon so you get my actual vote. I was using voting for SIB for a bs reason to try to draw a potential dictator into bandwagoning against me because it would be "safe" to vote against me. While I dislike SIB delaying the next actual game with that atrocity called game 22, that is not a reason to vote for him.

So any second vote for a person is considered a bandwagon nice to know. I guess you considered voting for Eugene since he's voting for Soitbegins and that can be considered a bandwagon as well? How was I supposed to know your reason was BS?

If you had just mentioned you were kidding or BSing before accusing me, I might have accepted your reasoning and voted for someone else, but since you didn't I'm keeping my vote the same.