GTW Round 19

...my god, this game is like minesweeper

an evil laugh fills the room, but nothing to associate it with can be found

I can't believe I wasn't killed 2 rounds ago; you all should have listened to mrxak. Things would have ended a lot more... agreeably for you all if you had.

You won't find my comrades; you'll all be far too busy pointing fingers at yourselves to find them. 7 innocents and 1 terrorist is a bad kill to success ratio if I dare say so myself, and may I point out that there are only 11 people left in this game. If there are any more paranoids then our jobs will be made far easier.

Good luck; you'll need it!

Were screwed only one of mrxak suspects was guilty.

I'd just like to state for the record that Shlimazel is a jerk. I have to wonder about all the paranoids though. There are a lot of them. Crazy. Good luck not killing each other.

Heh, someone voted for me while I was away. Like I said I would be in the sign-up thread.

But I'm back now! And horribly sunburnt (;

Hey Manta: I'm glad to see you're attending the SoItBegins College of GTW Hosting! 😄

At least Manta didn't stick us with unkillable, unbalanced, Completely Overpowered Roles.

Post in editor: Upcoming.

Pfft. Mayhemists...

I find it kinda suspicious that kickme did nothing until right after the person that would have been the biggest threat to the terrorists was killed.

It would've been quite a good cover to be excused from the debates, thus fairly protected from being voted off, and still having a say in who gets whacked. Plus, he was in a place without snow. Lucky guy...

@rickton, on Feb 24 2008, 08:45 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

I'd just like to state for the record that Shlimazel is a jerk. I have to wonder about all the paranoids though. There are a lot of them. Crazy. Good luck not killing each other.

The paranoids are my way of making a game that would be extremely long, shorter. They don't have to kill anyone upon their death, they just choose to. At any time before their death they could have chosen not to kill anyone.

@soitbegins, on Feb 24 2008, 09:09 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Hey Manta: I'm glad to see you're attending the SoItBegins College of GTW Hosting! 😄

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. I tried to balance the roles and use tried and true roles. In fact, no one can control anyone else in the game or change their role, so this game is already better off than your game.

@manta, on Feb 25 2008, 04:10 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

@soitbegins, on Feb 25 2008, 03:09 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. I tried to balance the roles and use tried and true roles. In fact, no one can control anyone else in the game or change their role, so this game is already better off than your game.

Quoted For Goddamn Truth.

Giving mrxak the ability to investigate, swap other people's roles, and redirect every single kill was grossly, hideously overpowered, and had no viable counter.

Analysis post in editor: Upcoming.

Eugene: It did have a viable counter. You were the counter. I matched the Hacker role with mrxak's role, in terms of power level-- I just hoped that someone would discover how to use that power. Someone did.

Also, mrxak's abilities had a limit: they could only be used a set number of times.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 24 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

@manta, on Feb 25 2008, 04:10 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

@soitbegins, on Feb 25 2008, 03:09 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

Quoted. For. Goddamn. Truth.

The Only thing I found that Might Have opposed mrxak's power was overturned By mrxak's Power because you decided mrxak could change Everything At Once and call it One change.

That's not balanced. Nothing could have balanced that.

Further, this is not the place for you to futilely argue your hosting skills.

Analysis post in editor: Upcoming.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 25 February 2008 - 12:00 AM

Sour grapes anyone? I've had enough rotten fruit thrown at me for game 17 already. All of you got your shot, so I think we should drop the subject. Again.

I'm with the dead guy. He just hosted it the way hie thought was best. People make mistakes some times. I'm sure you have too, Eugene. If you're still angry about it, go give people static shocks.

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 25 February 2008 - 12:28 AM

Been working on this since I saw the results of the round end.
I'm looking more closely at Bandwagoning than at inactivity right now, a part of why my attentions are shifting away from kickme.
It's late here. I need to finish this up.

Some of this may look as if it's stream-of-consciousness stuff, it's going to drift on and off this topic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Well. It seems as if mrxak's theories were just shot to hell by sheer attrition.

Eleven remain alive, and anywhere between one and three of them may be Evil (We don't know how many Dictators Manta stuck us with).

However! None of the dead are I.A.'s! Which means, if mrxak is to be believed, there are at least two of them left.

@mrxak, on Feb 22 2008, 08:40 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

<snip> ... and requested that any IAs out there investigate me and tell me what my role is before I trust them. Somewhat surprisingly, it turned out that they were legit, and a second IA also took me up on the offer and verified their role as well. <snip>

Further! None of the dead is the SDI! We know that one exists, but why wouldn't he protect mrxak a second time? Restriction on the power, most likely.

---------------------------------

Looking over previous posts, I find an unusual corollary between JacaByte and Hypochondriac.

In Round One:
When darth_vader voted against JacaByte for bandwagoning, Hypochondriac voted against darth_vader, seemingly out of the blue. Once it was clear that SoItBegins was going to die, JacaByte jumped off the bandwagon, and voted against darth as well.

RJC Ultra jumps on the SoItBegins Bandwagon this during this round.

When mrxak first spoke of his claim of having been contacted by an I.A., both Hypochondriac and JacaByte, moving seemingly in lock-step, declared their doubts of mrxak's claim. (Were they trying to discredit him, paving the way for a future Lynching?)

In Round Two:
mrxak came out swinging against JacaByte, and the very first response is Hypochondriac's to defend JacaByte.
JacaByte provides a list to mrxak of people "Who have been quiet" as more likely Evil than JacaByte himself.
Since we know JacaByte to have been Evil, can we glean anything from his list?

1Eevee1 - Active in Round One (Remember, Jaca formed this as a list of "Quiet People")
GutlessWonder - Active in Round One
darth_vader - Voted against JacaByte
nfreader - Innocent (Sort of.)
Shlimazel - Innocent
Mackilroy - Innocent
Buffalo the Kid
FluffyWithTeeth
prophile

Would JacaByte have listed his own co-conspirators on such a list?

Some of these players had been active. Three of them turned out to be Innocent. Yet their names appear on a list of potentially Evil players based on how "Quiet" they were. Admittedly, 1Eevee1's posts until that point had been fluff. However, GutlessWonder eventually pointed out that he didn't believe SoItBegin's vote against him to be random. Active, voting player with valid reasoning, yet he appears on JacaByte's list of "Quiet People."

darth_vader is listed, yet he gave a very good reason for voting against JacaByte in the first round (i.e. he didn't like Bandwagoning). I'm willing to believe darth_vader is Not Evil, since he voted against a known Dictator in the first round, and precisely pegged, and called JacaByte out on, his Evil behavior.

And yet, egroeg, who had, by then only posted once in the entire game, then to abstain, does not appear on this list. Curious? I think so. I wonder what that means.

I also notice that RJC Ultra had been about as / less active than 1Eevee1, yet he doesn't show up on the list.

kickme had been active in Round One, so his absence from the list is not unusual at face value, but he wasn't on the list, while GutlessWonder was.

mrxak make the claim that, I believe, ultimately leads to his death. He claims to have been investigated and contacted by, not one, but two I.A.'s. The only thing more dangerous to the Dictators than an I.A. is a known mouthpiece for the I.A.'s speaking on their behalf. By killing mrxak, the Evil players force the I.A.'s to reveal themselves (Thus making themselves vulnerable) in order to reveal any knowledge they've obtained.

Also in Round Two, Hypochondriac is quick to jump on what becomes the nfreader bandwagon.
RJC Ultra is very quick to follow Hypochondriac's example.
Mackilroy and FluffyWithTeeth also join this particular bandwagon.

In Round Three:
Almost immediately after mrxak survives, both Hypochondriac and JacaByte are quick to declare mrxak's innocence.

darth_vader, trying to ferret out lurkers, votes against egroeg.
egroeg makes a second post in this game, voting in self-defense against darth_vader.
RJC Ultra also jumps on darth_vader.

Shlimazel votes against mrxak, then retracts when he realizes mrxak must be Innocent.
By then, however, it is too late. GutlessWonder has voted against Shlimazel.

mrxak presents his theories, after which Hypochondriac is very quick to follow his lead, and vote for Shlimazel.
RJC Ultra, prophile and FluffyWithTeeth also jump on this bandwagon.
Followed by JacaByte.

So Far In Round Four:
In JacaByte's parting post, he seems confident that we will not find the remaining Dictators in time.
What I most strongly notice is Hypochondriac's attempt to implicitly identify himself with the rest of the Innocent's:

@hypochondriac, on Feb 25 2008, 02:41 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

Were screwed only one of mrxak suspects was guilty.

This is a ploy I've seen Mackilroy, as a Dictator, use in the past.
Here. Here. Here. Here. Here. Here.
I realize that I'm projecting Mackilroy's behavior onto a different player, but I mention the comparison because it catches my attention.

In summation:
Hypochondriac:

1. Hypochondriac voted against darth_vader out of the blue, when darth_vader voted against JacaByte.
  2. Hypochondriac does not appear on JacaByte's (flawed) list of potential Dictators,
    . . . . a list whose surviving members composes about half of our remaining player-base.
  3. Hypochondriac, in lock-step with JacaByte, comment's on mrxak's Innocence, in light of his survival of his first Night-Kill.
  4. Both Hypochondriac and JacaByte jumped on the Shlimazel Bandwagon.

RJC Ultra:

1. RJC Ultra jumped on darth_vader when darth tried to ferret out lurkers.
    . . . . darth_vader had formerly been a target of JacaByte's and Hypochondriac's votes.
  2. RJC Ultra retreacted from darth... to Bandwagon on Shlimazel.
  3. RJC Ultra, despite being about as active as 1Eevee1, does not appear on JacaByte's suspect list. 1Eevee1 does.
  4. For that matter, RJC Ultra's vote, at the end of every round, was on a Bandwagon. (SoItBegins, nfreader, Shlimazel)

In Conclusion:
Looking back on the progress of this game, I believe Hypochondriac -Retracted- may have been in collusion with JacaByte.
I'm also looking very hard at the fact that RJC Ultra seems to be a Roadie, spending most of his time on Bandwagons. 😛

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 25 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

@soitbegins, on Feb 24 2008, 11:18 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Sour grapes anyone? I've had enough rotten fruit thrown at me for game 17 already. All of you got your shot, so I think we should drop the subject. Again.

You brought it up, and you get to reap the rewards of your bad judgement.

I was making a joke , Manta.

I told you guys JacaByte was a terrorist, that's why I had my ability trained on him since round one. He was really the one I suspected the most. Shlimazel was indeed quite suspicious to me, but I wasn't blind, in the end I encouraged his killing knowing full well what his true role was, because I saw it as a good opportunity to get another person off my list and I did rather suspect Rickton. Shlimazel would have been a target of the terrorists anyway, and his ultimate target might have been somebody I needed to live. While Manta woefully exclaims that we've had 1 terrorist killed for 7 innocent dead, I look at such data with great joy. It is vastly more often the case that when the terrorists win, they win completely without a single casualty. By finding one, and in the first half of the game (11 players remain), the odds of finding the rest before the innocents are killed off completely are very much increased. As for the seven innocents, on their behalf I say morn not for us, for our sacrifice was necessary. In my lifetime I attempted in two things, engaging as many people as possible, and causing as much carnage as possible. I think I've succeeded in both, and the end result is a smaller field with less distractions, more useful data, and some of the smarter players working together for the good of the innocents. Think of me and my wake of carnage as a lens that has focused the game.

JacaByte says the innocents will never find his cohorts, I say to you now, it will not only happen, but it is inevitable.

By the way, in my dying breath, I said the word "Rosebud". Make of it what you will.

mrxak, I should warn you in advance that I've notified the Pub's computer to charge you double.

Really though, SoItBegins, and the other dead people, stop posting already.