GTW Round 19

@hypochondriac, on Feb 20 2008, 09:52 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

A role other then IA doesn't have to be Rogue. He could be a plain innocent, the SDI. Nearomancer like Darth vader was last round. An assassin, or another role manta made. Lets not have another bandwagon

If he's an SDI or mad scientist, presumably he can stop this lynch from actually killing him. Voting to off JacaByte, knowing he's not an IA, means he'll either survive, was innocent (cannon fodder, really), or a terrorist. I can live with all three of those options, especially since he seems far more likely to be a terrorist based on his voting record.

If you've got a better name, please provide it, otherwise I'm sticking with JacaByte.

@mrxak, on Feb 20 2008, 09:24 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

I can live with all three of those options

Quite literally.

@mrxak, on Feb 21 2008, 03:24 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

If he's an SDI or mad scientist, presumably he can stop this lynch from actually killing him.

Flawed premise.

When I was an SDI in kickme's game (Game 14) my power was limited to stopping Night-Kills. Against Lynches I could do nothing. What if Manta ruled his SDI the same way as kickme did?

Also, it's not necessarily the case that Manta copied the Necromancer role from your game word-for-word. darth_vader was able to use the machine on himself (Once). What if Manta ruled that the Necromancer had to be alive in order to use his power?

1Eevee1, Darth_Vader, Buffalo The Kid, Gutless Wonder, Shlimazel, nfreader, FluffyWithTeeth, prophile, Mackilroy... They'd all make better candidates than me because they've all been so quiet, unusually quiet. One trait that I have always been able to use to discern the terrorists from the innocents is that the terrorists want to keep a low profile, and they rarely post because of that.

Now consider; am I a terrorist? Would a terrorist want to post so much and risk saying something that would incriminate himself? The answer is going to be no, unless the alleged terrorist is unusually subtle.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 20 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

@eugene-chin, on Feb 20 2008, 10:35 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Flawed premise.

When I was an SDI in kickme's game (Game 14) my power was limited to stopping Night-Kills. Against Lynches I could do nothing. What if Manta ruled his SDI the same way as kickme did?

Also, it's not necessarily the case that Manta copied the Necromancer role from your game word-for-word. darth_vader was able to use the machine on himself (Once). What if Manta ruled that the Necromancer had to be alive in order to use his power?

The SDI role is pretty worthless anyway, as I have said in the past. Virtually every SDI player has always protected themselves the vast majority of the time, and the SDI is triggered very rarely in any games at all. If JacaByte is an SDI, and he cannot protect himself from a lynch, he's not much use to us anyway. If he was a mad scientist, then I would ask why the roles are being revealed immediately upon death instead of after the mad scientist is unable to revive the corpse. I would also ask why JacaByte hasn't revived SoItBegins or lemony yet. If he can't revive himself, he has no reason to wait.

@jacabyte, on Feb 20 2008, 10:40 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

1Eevee1, Darth_Vader, Buffalo The Kid, Gutless Wonder, Shlimazel, nfreader, FluffyWithTeeth, prophile, Mackilroy... They'd all make better candidates than me because they've all been so quiet, unusually quiet. One trait that I have always been able to use to discern the terrorists from the innocents is that the terrorists want to keep a low profile, and they rarely post because of that.

Now consider; am I a terrorist? Would a terrorist want to post so much and risk saying something that would incriminate himself? The answer is going to be no, unless the alleged terrorist is unusually subtle.

Two rebuttals:

1. You've been very quiet yourself. Your posts, if you care to go back to them as I have, provide very little explanation for your votes at all. By your own logic, I should consider you a terrorist.
  2. Also by your own logic, you shouldn't consider me a terrorist then, because I've not been quiet at all. You should change your vote to somebody quiet. But no, you go after me, because I'm the easy choice. Typical terrorist strategy, and consistent with your behavior thus far.

@mrxak, on Feb 20 2008, 08:55 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Two rebuttals:

1. You've been very quiet yourself. Your posts, if you care to go back to them as I have, provide very little explanation for your votes at all. By your own logic, I should consider you a terrorist.
  2. Also by your own logic, you shouldn't consider me a terrorist then, because I've not been quiet at all. You should change your vote to somebody quiet. But no, you go after me, because I'm the easy choice. Typical terrorist strategy.

Two rebuttals:

1. I didn't give very much explanation for my votes last round because:

1. The only times I have to participate in GTW is after I come back home from school and after I have eaten dinner. I usually have homework that needs to be done when I get home and have little time to do it in, so I need to be brief just to get my point across.

2. What has already been said doesn't need to be said again. I said something similar in this post, I believe.

1. I voted for you in self defense. Are you saying I shouldn't? I also said in my previous post that an "unusually clever" terrorist could defy this logic. From what I've seen, you happen to be an unusually clever person.

Edit: Its late and I'm going to bed. See you around 4 PM MST tomorrow.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 20 February 2008 - 11:09 PM

Take into consideration the amount of times I've been a terrorist.

And the amount of times I've begged to be a terrorist. Trust me, if Manta did make me a terrorist this round, then I'd be dead, because I stand out.

But I don't stand out, ergo, I'm not a terrorist, so that means I'm innocent and killing me would be a bad thing. And, of course, that would mean that somebody else is.

Probably YOU.

Manta, I cast my vote for the terrorist. And I hope everybody else does the same.

@lemonyscapegoat, on Feb 20 2008, 06:34 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Yo, SIB pass me a drink.

/me pours lemonyscapegoat a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 20 February 2008 - 11:50 PM

TO ALL GHOSTS: Please move the 5th floor Pub to prevent interference with the debates. ( Please start a new topic instead of interfering with this one, that is the basic idea of a ghost only pub. )

I'll note that I've been gone since about 6:30 this morning, and only got home about an hour ago. I have little to no Internet access most Wednesdays.

All ghost activity has now moved to The Pub on the 5th Floor.

Looking at the posts so far, nfreader was the last person to jump on the SoItBegins bandwagon, self admitted for no reason. After that he's not posted at all, avoiding arguments where someone might pay attention to him.

Of course, given that it's Nick this is hardly proof of anything, what with his normally ludicrous playstyle. To be honest, even when he's an innocent he normally just confuses matters so it wouldn't be much of a loss..

Yeah, Nick is insane.

I'm going to be out of town for a few days, so try not to kill me...

Should be back in time to vote next round, though.

@rickton, on Feb 21 2008, 11:09 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

Yeah, Nick is insane.

Oh come now, Rickton. I'm the good kind of insane. The happy cuddly kind.

@1eevee1, on Feb 20 2008, 09:41 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Take into consideration the amount of times I've been a terrorist.

And the amount of times I've begged to be a terrorist. Trust me, if Manta did make me a terrorist this round, then I'd be dead, because I stand out.

But I don't stand out, ergo, I'm not a terrorist, so that means I'm innocent and killing me would be a bad thing. And, of course, that would mean that somebody else is.

Probably YOU.

Manta, I cast my vote for the terrorist. And I hope everybody else does the same.

This game doesn't use wildcards, I'm afraid. If you want to nail a terrorist, you're going to have to name somebody specific.

@nfreader, on Feb 21 2008, 01:16 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Oh come now, Rickton. I'm the good kind of insane. The happy cuddly kind.

Yes... the happy cuddly fluffy kind, right up until they have to destroy you with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

Eevee, so you aren't a terrorist because you know how to act like you aren't one...

And Jaka, how would you know if I'm being unusually quiet? This is only my second game on here...

Most council members want to participate in the debates more than you have. Of course, you might not be here all the time, no?

And my name doesn't have a "k" in it, thank-you-very-much.

I just reread mrxak's IA story, and it just doesn't work...
I know that an IA is very important to the game, so they would definitely make sure that they aren't about to tell a terrorist that they are an IA. I also know that mrxak would be too smart to believe someone that told someone they were an IA before they had a chance to investigate them. So, either the IA is new, and I don't think anyone here is new, or mrxak is lying for some reason... Also, why would mrxak make such an obvious lie? He's too experienced to just slip up...

And Jaka, I have school for the first part of the day, and practices for the school musical and my solo & ensemble duet with my sister.
Also, K is cooler than C. Even though c is the first letter in cool... rats....