GTW Round 19

I already know. Remember, I go into each GTW game expecting not to survive. If I do, that's just gravy.

Besides, if I get killed, I get to sit back and watch as you all scramble around like chickens trying to make your heads stay on.

I will, for the moment abstain. While I must question SIB's vote, there's not really any reason to kill him off just now.

SoItBegins is quite popular at the moment.

And I do love a good bandwagon now and then.

Posted Image

throws keys at SIB

Go open 'er up.

Interesting point you bring up mrxak. I don't think I have anything to add to that or to criticize. I'll vote for SoItBegins , for now. Go open the bar.

This bandwagon is massive and discomforting. I really hope that kind of thing doesn't go against me, it would be quite frustrating. I'll vote for JacaByte , because he jumped on the bandwagon most recently. I can't vote for all you guys, so he is the one.

Ok, I unlocked the door. I can't access the main computer center, though, or any other part of the bar. The main computer says it needs an 'ectoplasm-type being' in control to do much of anything.

Vote:
GutlessWonder: 1. SoItBegins.

Manta: 1. kickme

JacaByte: 1. darth_vader

SoItBegins: 10.
mrxak
Mackilroy
Buffalo the Kid
1Eevee1
prophile
GutlessWonder
FluffyWithTeeth
RJC Ultra
nfreader
JacaByte

(b)These numbers are not official and may be (but probably are not) inaccurate. Tallies posted only by the host will be considered accurate(b)

This post has been edited by nfreader : 19 February 2008 - 08:23 PM
Reason for edit: Added legal mumbo-jumbo, see reason below.

@darth_vader, on Feb 19 2008, 03:56 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

This bandwagon is massive and discomforting. I really hope that kind of thing doesn't go against me, it would be quite frustrating. I'll vote for JacaByte , because he jumped on the bandwagon most recently. I can't vote for all you guys, so he is the one.

I won't vote in self defense of myself because I believe that grudges shouldn't be held across multiple games under any circumstances because the basis of the game assumes that we have never had any prior contact with each other, in my mind at least. I also refuse to believe that SIB's vote for Gutless Wonder was "random." There's only a 1 in 19 chance of that being a coincidence and if it truly were a coincidence he would have changed his vote after it was pointed out to him that his vote made him look highly suspicious.

Vote however you wish; my vote will stand.

We interrupt this game to bring you a word from the moderators:

Hello. We advise you to take vote tallies posted by players with a grain of salt. Remember that they may be doing this to sway the vote. Only tallies posted by the host should be taken seriously.

We now return to the game, already in progress.

@jacabyte, on Feb 19 2008, 04:37 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

...and if it truly were a coincidence he would have changed his vote after it was pointed out to him that his vote made him look highly suspicious.

Umm, in case you didn't realize: I am an extremely non-subtle person. You have to come out and say , right out, that an action makes me look suspicious for me to catch on.

That said, it is about time to change my vote. And I just realized that I probably wouldn't be in the mess I am in now if it weren't for somebody who voted against me for no reason at all.
mrxak** , I hereby vote against you.

According to my tallies, the total is as this:
SoItBegins: 10
Buffalo the Kid
Fluffywithteeth
Gutless Wonder
Jacabyte
nfreader
Mackilroy
mrxak
prophile
RJC Ultra
1Eevee1

Jacabyte: 1
darth_vader

mrxak: 1
SoItBegins

Manta: 1
kickeme

Abstain: 3
egroes
lemonyscapegoat
Shlimazel

No vote yet: 3
Rickton
Hypochondriac
Eugene Chin

Edit: curse that vote changing whilst I post SIB. Also the game ends in ~24 hours, the clock stops for no one.

This post has been edited by Manta : 19 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

@jacabyte, on Feb 20 2008, 12:37 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

I won't vote in self defense of myself because I believe that grudges shouldn't be held across multiple games under any circumstances because the basis of the game assumes that we have never had any prior contact with each other, in my mind at least.

Actually, looking at past games can be a treasure trove of information.

In games where there are very few / no special roles, the only thing you have to go on is how the other players are behaving. By going back to old games and looking at how a player acted when he was innocent (or guilty!) you can sometimes find things that they will do differently in the two situations. If you compare that knowledge to how a player is acting in the current game, you can sometimes figure him out.

I also refuse to believe that SIB's vote for Gutless Wonder was "random." There's only a 1 in 19 chance of that being a coincidence and if it truly were a coincidence he would have changed his vote after it was pointed out to him that his vote made him look highly suspicious.

I hate to speak in defense of someone who got me Lynched to save his own hide last game...
... So I won't.

No, but seriously, though. I've said it before, but SIB tends to use Random Voting as a supplement to actual thought for first round votes. Once his randomizer coughs up a name, he sticks to it despite all reason. Even if it doesn't make sense to vote for that particular person, even if it should be to his own detriment to stick to it.

First Round of Game 15 comes to mind. With the player base divided into two opposing "Teams," and the implications of which still basically unknown, SIB decides to just take a plop, and vote for Anon, on the opposing side. What had been a very quiet game until then suddenly polarized, with SIB and Anon in the hot seats.

Again, I compare him against Mispeled.
Mispeled would also use an admittedly random vote to start the first round off. However, where SIB uses a randomizer to replace first round debating, Mispeled used the randomizer to instigate the first round of debate. Mispeled would frequently retract his first vote if the player could convince him he wasn't evil, or if another player did something that convinced Mispeled that this other player was evil.

So, the argument that SIB would change a random vote if it made him look suspicious, isn't as firm as you seem to believe it is.

On the other hand, he still hasn't been made to pay for Game 17, so, go ahead and Lynch'em. 😛

(Addendum) I hereby affirm that the following tally is accurate as of the time of this posting:
Vote:
mrxak: 1.
SoItBegins.

Manta: 1.
kickme

JacaByte: 1.
darth_vader

SoItBegins: 10.
1Eevee1
Buffalo the Kid
FluffyWithTeeth
GutlessWonder
JacaByte
Mackilroy
mrxak
nfreader
prophile
RJC Ultra

No Vote: 6
egroeg
Eugene Chin
Hypochondriac
Lemonyscapegoat
Rickton
Shlizamel

And, nfreader, it probably isn't fair for a player to edit other player's posts.

(EDIT) Aaaaaaand, while I was writing this, I noticed that SIB posted and actually switched his vote. Go ahead and lynch'em.
(EDITx2) Uh, Manta, SIB just switched his vote to mrxak.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 19 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

Just so you know, I am innocent.

I suggest that, once I am killed/my Innocent role comes out, you take a long, hard look at mrxak, and ask him why he just out and voted against me for no reason.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 19 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

My vote goes to the dark lord of the sith. darth_vader Suprised by how many people voted for soitbegins

Guys... he isn't voting for GutlessWonder anymore... As long as he promises not to base his votes on things from outside the game, I'm fine with letting him live.

Bah, forgot this: I'm switching my vote to Abstain.

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 19 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

@soitbegins, on Feb 19 2008, 08:58 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Just so you know, I am innocent.

I suggest that, once I am killed/my Innocent role comes out, you take a long, hard look at mrxak, and ask him why he just out and voted against me for no reason.

Probably because you were acting admittedly suspicious. Many people have explained it...

Alright then, my vote for SoItBegins is retracted

Perhaps we can actually manage a 'no-lynch for the first round to see how things pan out' this game. It seems whenever it's been suggested in past games everyone immediately decides to kill eachother...

I hope you've learned your lesson, SoItBegins. My vote for self defense now seems like my most valid course of action now.

darth_vader

@kickme, on Feb 19 2008, 01:19 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Now SIB knows what it's like to have everyone vote for you, just because someone did without a reason.

@soitbegins, on Feb 19 2008, 08:34 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

That said, it is about time to change my vote. And I just realized that I probably wouldn't be in the mess I am in now if it weren't for somebody who voted against me for no reason at all.

@soitbegins, on Feb 19 2008, 08:58 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

I made my position quite clear. Those that didn't get it the first couple times, here it is again.

1. I don't like that SoItBegins votes randomly. Whether he's innocent or not, it hurts the game when people don't think.
2. I don't really believe it was a random vote anyway. SoItBegins threatened GutlessWonder at least 4 times in the last game, saying there would be consequences in future games. Again, whether he's innocent or not, it hurts the game when people vote based on grudges from previous games.
3. SoItBegins is due for being a bad guy. This is more of a gut feeling than anything else, but I know that if I was hosting Round 19, I'd have made him evil. And as other people have pointed out, I do tend to get lucky on such guesses.

Now, I don't really condone the bandwagon, I think a lot of people are voting for SoItBegins because it's an easy choice. But I know that there's also people voting for him because they agree with me, that he's acted the most suspiciously and his random or grudge voting needs to be removed from the equation so we can get around to finding the terrorists.