GTW Game 18

I'm also curious as to who's been changing votes. And why take one vote from each? Why not take two from Gutless?

Hmm. The terrorists must really have wanted JacaByte dead.
I'd like to say again though that we shouldn't get caught up in a vote-changer lynching spree.
The vote-changers are not the Terrorists (unless mrxak is pulling some real crap on us).
And I say vote-changers because it just occurred to me that Gutless' vote was changed as well. There is more than one vote changer. So killing Gutless will achieve nothing since there's at least one more out there anyway.

But anyway, what we have to look at is why was JacaByte such a high-profile target that they killed him twice?
Of course it could just be that they don't like to see a half-done job, but on the other hand, has JacaByte been targeting anyone specifically with his votes?

This post has been edited by Rickton : 08 February 2008 - 01:11 AM

mrxak, I am making a request to abolish lethal injection as the method used to remove those with the most votes and, in its place, use marshmallow bombardment, soap poisoning, the Azgothian poetry, submerging everything below their neck in a peanut butter/onion mixture, giving them a broom and pushing them off a cliff, putting them in a room full of squirrels, flogging them with a mosquito, or turning them into a Snickers bar and setting CrazyChick loose on them inside a scale model of Rome's coliseum made entirely out of ear wax.

@buffalo-the-kid, on Feb 7 2008, 11:03 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

mrxak, I am making a request to abolish lethal injection as the method used to remove those with the most votes and, in its place, use marshmallow bombardment, soap poisoning, the Azgothian poetry, submerging everything below their neck in a peanut butter/onion mixture, giving them a broom and pushing them off a cliff, putting them in a room full of squirrels, flogging them with a mosquito, or turning them into a Snickers bar and setting CrazyChick loose on them inside a scale model of Rome's coliseum made entirely out of ear wax.

heh.

I eagerly await the outcome of the investigation into nfreader. More to come on the morrow.

<edit> I think the half-done job theory has merit, Rickton, as well as the fact that JacaByte was the only person in the game (I think? who else was raised?) that we know for sure was an innocent. There's no point in keeping him around since no one's going to vote him dead. </edit>

This post has been edited by rebelswin_85 : 08 February 2008 - 03:10 AM

darth_vader was also dead, but then lived. Yup.

@rickton, on Feb 8 2008, 07:03 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

But anyway, what we have to look at is why was JacaByte such a high-profile target that they killed him twice?
Of course it could just be that they don't like to see a half-done job, but on the other hand, has JacaByte been targeting anyone specifically with his votes?

Jacabyte was the only person we knew that was innocent because he was almost killed before. The rogue members want us to look suspicious and vote for each other. So, without Jacabyte, we could all be rogue members.

I was wrong about Jacabyte, I shall accept that, admit it, and vote for Mackilroy

@gutlesswonder, on Feb 6 2008, 04:33 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

...SIB, I hope you feel remorse for your zombie sympathizing. If I were you, I'd just vote for myself this round, as a mark of shame.

I'm only glad that he felt enough remorse that he would take this public stance.

To me 1Eevee1 limited activity and non-voting at times looks suspicious. I could be wrong but I do believe 1Eevee1 is a terrorist.

I'm willing to change my vote as new information becomes available specially the roles of nfreader an jacabyte

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 08 February 2008 - 07:28 AM

@1eevee1, on Feb 8 2008, 01:52 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

darth_vader was also dead, but then lived. Yup.

But darth_vader was "killed" by the assassin, not terrorists. As I pointed out before, we can't say for certain if he's innocent or not, because presumably the assassin is not directly affiliated with the terrorists and is working for his own ends, and certainly does not have direct knowledge of who is innocent and who is guilty.

I'll cast my vote for Shlimazel retracted. He voted in every round so far, but did not join the discussion about GutlessWonder, while he was extremely interested in the nfreader/Anon case. He always agreed with Jacabyte, who got killed after Shlimazel stated that he thought Jacabyte was the assasin. He blaimed a lot of people, but was also careful to look honest by retracting some of his votes after explanation.

I think SoItBegins is the other rogue member, working together with Shlimazel.
In the first round Shlimazel was acting aggressive(in my opinion) and tried to lure us into voting for Eugene Chin who looked suspicious, but was plain innocent after all. This bandwagon got SoItBegins rescued. In the second round he voted SoItBegins at first, but quickly withdrew that, and never attacked him again. All the kills by the rogue members so far were people who voted SoItBegins(except Jacabyte, who retracted his vote). Shlimazel was there to tell everyone that this was likely an effort to blame SoItBegins. They two were also the most interested in the fact that people could survive an attack(except for Jacabyte, but he appears to be dead).

Shlimazel, SoItBegins, feel free to defend yourselves.

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 09 February 2008 - 12:18 PM

Rickton: I agree, but why would mrxak give two people the same power? And I'm still interested in knowing what Gutless' power is. If he chooses not to say, that's fine, it just seemed suspicious to me.

@rjc-ultra, on Feb 8 2008, 05:43 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

I think SoItBegins is the other rogue member, working together with Shlimazel.
In the first round Shlimazel was acting aggressive(in my opinion) and tried to lure us into voting for Eugene Chin who looked suspicious, but was plain innocent after all. This bandwagon got SoItBegins rescued. In the second round he voted SoItBegins at first, but quickly withdrew that, and never attacked him again. All the kills by the rogue members so far were people who voted SoItBegins(except Jacabyte, who retracted his vote). Shlimazel was there to tell everyone that this was likely an effort to blame SoItBegins. They two were also the most interested in the fact that people could survive an attack(except for Jacabyte, but he appears to be dead).

Shlimazel, SoItBegins, feel free to defend yourselves.

RJC: If I was one of the bad guys, do you really think I'd be so stupid as to target only people who attacked me? No. I'd have mixed it up, using some of the same randomness that I bring to my first-round voting. Some of the time, anyway. This most likely is an effort to frame me, but it's poorly done.

As for the whole JacaByte-darth_vader thing, I was just following my intuition. I have since locked my intuition in the dungeon, right next to the frog who keeps claiming he's a prince. I'm sorry if I seem suspicious, but I am pretty impulsive and hot-headed in real life, and that shows up a lot here.

Mackilroy: GutlessWonder is a Blackmailer, letting him change your vote for as long as the blackmail succeeds. I know, because I'm one of the ones being blackmailed. I think. I'm not sure if that's the reason for my vote being changed to myself.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 08 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

@soitbegins, on Feb 8 2008, 05:52 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

RJC: If I was one of the bad guys, do you really think I'd be so stupid as to target only people who attacked me? No. I'd have mixed it up, using some of the same randomness that I bring to my first-round voting. Some of the time, anyway. This most likely is an effort to frame me, but it's poorly done.

Exactly what a rogue member would say, but that is also the reason I won't vote for you yet.

@soitbegins, on Feb 8 2008, 05:52 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

...letting him change your vote for as long as the blackmail succeeds.

And what is the condition for the blackmail not to succeed?

@rickton, on Feb 8 2008, 12:03 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

Hmm. The terrorists must really have wanted JacaByte dead.
I'd like to say again though that we shouldn't get caught up in a vote-changer lynching spree.
The vote-changers are not the Terrorists (unless mrxak is pulling some real crap on us).
And I say vote-changers because it just occurred to me that Gutless' vote was changed as well. There is more than one vote changer. So killing Gutless will achieve nothing since there's at least one more out there anyway.

He PM'd me before his death saying that he was an IA and that Mackilroy was an "arms dealer", but he also made it clear that I had to take him on faith. I'm not big on trusting him, or anyone else, especially if they're sending out PMs, but I think he may have a point with Mackilroy, which is why I'm voting that way. The fact that Jacabyte was killed by the terrorists twice would seem to lend creedence to the theory that he was, at the very least, innocent.

Say jacabyte is correct and mackilroy is the arms dealer. If we kill them will that render the terrorists impotent?

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 08 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

There is no arms dealer role. Only killing rogue members will bring this game to a close as a victory for the innocent members.

I have no idea what an 'arms dealer' is, or how that would even be able to harm anyone else. And if JB is telling the truth, then I mourn the loss of him, because that removes a vital source of information for us from the board.

@mrxak, on Feb 8 2008, 03:17 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

There is no arms dealer role. Only killing rogue members will bring this game to a close as a victory for the innocent members.

There goes "I'm not going to comment on any roles." 😛

@rjc-ultra, on Feb 8 2008, 11:23 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

And what is the condition for the blackmail not to succeed?

mrxak's PM said something about the blackmail working a certain amount of the time, and failing a certain amount, as determined by random chance. He also said that if the blackmail failed, GutlessWonder wouldn't be able to blackmail me ever again.