Good game (Modesty vs God2.0)

We are even, though DEFCON says I won 😛

I am south-america, and God2.0 is Asia.
There is some pretty stupid radar placement here. We would both have done much better with smarter radar placement.

The game went back and forth, with my fleet taking most of eastern Asia.
His fleet kept a more low profile, annihilating Mexico and the places with no defense.
Then dealing massive damage to Lima and Sao Paulo.

The game eventually became a do the most damage within the time limit.
As you can see I launched some nukes a bit late.

The missile that made me even, hit Calcutta 2 seconds before the time went out.

What desides who wins in this game? Are there numbers we cannot see?
Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Modesty Blaise : 26 April 2007 - 10:59 AM

The most silly thing is that Modesty's last nuke, the nuke that turned the game into a draw instead of my win, hit my city when the end game timer was showing 00:02. 😛

I also "wasted" 20 nukes trying to hit some ships south of Cape horn. I kind of panicked when I figured he had so much of his fleet on that side.
All in all the best game I have had so far.

This post has been edited by Modesty Blaise : 26 April 2007 - 11:12 AM

If it was a complete draw it would tell you "No Clear Victor". The game tracks the kills to a much higher accuracy than is displayed, which is rounded to the nearest 0.1 so, I guess God2.0 won by a margin of up to 0.5.

The game actually stores population as a 32-bit int. The displayed populations are rounded to the nearest 100,000, while the scores are rounded to the nearest 1,000,000. However, the game is still tracking the scores internally. Thus, God 2.0 won by about 0.2 points, or about 100,000 kills. Look at the number of kills, deaths, and collateral damage, and do the math. The final score was about 55.8 to 55.6

xander

You'd think they'd round instead of flooring.

Anyway, has anybody ever really had a good sea-nuking game to wipe out fleets? The games I've tried, I usually only sink a ship or two.

Actually, the game declared Modesty as the winner. I keep wondering how I got those collateral penalties though.

This post has been edited by God 2.0 : 26 April 2007 - 12:35 PM

@mrxak, on Apr 26 2007, 05:19 PM, said in Good game (Modesty vs God2.0):

Anyway, has anybody ever really had a good sea-nuking game to wipe out fleets? The games I've tried, I usually only sink a ship or two.

I sank 2 ships this game which was not really stellar considering the amounts of nukes involved.
It's very easy to avoid by doing some random navigating it seems. At least that's what God did.

In other games tt has never really been close to deciding. So I'd have to say no.

I have not tried from a sub though, which might be better.

This post has been edited by Modesty Blaise : 26 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

Perhaps launching at subs would be more effective while they are in launch mode... But it would probably only work if you had silos or subs in launch mode already.

Heh, nice game. Wish I could manage an almost-tie...

@mackilroy, on Apr 27 2007, 07:08 AM, said in Good game (Modesty vs God2.0):

Heh, nice game. Wish I could manage an almost-tie...

The secret, I believe, is that both me and Modesty are complete noobs. 😛

You probably won because he's only a demo player, and the game has a preference for people who have actually bought it.

But probably not at all.

@rickton, on Jun 17 2007, 09:05 PM, said in Good game (Modesty vs God2.0):

You probably won because he's only a demo player, and the game has a preference for people who have actually bought it.

But probably not at all.

No, not at all. Read my explanation above.

xander

If only it were that easy