Interesting boss fight challenge!

Err... thanks, I'll look at it, but I've been using the editor for a while now. It's just that I wasn't on this board, and I never made anything large. Just training type missions (like learning how to use missiles most effectively). I'll try it anyway though.

Edit:
Thanks for the level. The curved text arrow was new:) as was the mini map X marker on the boss. I had to fix your boss door switches in the editor though, because you had them set to Extra1: 2 instead of 1. I couldn't deactivate them:) The boss was interesting, and I'm curious as to how you got the active enemy turrets to fire in a fixed formation.

This post has been edited by Odie : 04 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 4 2009, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Err... thanks, I'll look at it, but I've been using the editor for a while now. It's just that I wasn't on this board, and I never made anything large. Just training type missions (like learning how to use missiles most effectively). I'll try it anyway though.

Edit:
Thanks for the level. The curved text arrow was new:) as was the mini map X marker on the boss. I had to fix your boss door switches in the editor though, because you had them set to Extra1: 2 instead of 1. I couldn't deactivate them:) The boss was interesting, and I'm curious as to how you got the active enemy turrets to fire in a fixed formation.

I'm glad you liked it. I originally had made this level for a friend of mine from school who hadn't even managed to beat the first boss. He had tried to do it and couldn't beat the boss or even get close, so instead of lowering the boss's health bar I decided to just make the boss doors not close so that my friend could go back and save. I can see already that you are quite far along in level making, it was, again, meant for someone with much less skill. šŸ™‚ I thought it was a good chance to post it, though, and I welcome anyone to try just for some light fun and nice scenery.

Cheers,
Klublex

you're not missing anything, or maybe I am, I can't bet it either, šŸ˜„ I just wanted to make something insanely hard šŸ™‚

-K

QUOTE (Klublex @ Apr 4 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad you liked it. I originally had made this level for a friend of mine from school who hadn't even managed to beat the first boss. He had tried to do it and couldn't beat the boss or even get close, so instead of lowering the boss's health bar I decided to just make the boss doors not close so that my friend could go back and save. I can see already that you are quite far along in level making, it was, again, meant for someone with much less skill. šŸ™‚ I thought it was a good chance to post it, though, and I welcome anyone to try just for some light fun and nice scenery.

Cheers,
Klublex

Ah. Well thank you:)

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're not missing anything, or maybe I am, I can't bet it either, šŸ˜„ I just wanted to make something insanely hard šŸ™‚

-K

Has anyone beat it yet?

Oh, I also have a question about boss making. I know about mini bosses and big bosses(the ones with the health bar). Is there a way to make multiple big bosses in the same level?

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 4 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I also have a question about boss making. I know about mini bosses and big bosses(the ones with the health bar). Is there a way to make multiple big bosses in the same level?

Yep. Simply name the second boss Boss2. Note that "Boss2 Start" and "Boss2 Door 1" do not work, if you want the second boss to have a enclosed room and such then you have to use Boss Start and Boss Door 1 & 2 twice. It should work fine as long as you make the first boss's start and doors before the second bosses. To make it clear, Boss, Boss2, Boss3, Boss4, Boss5, Boss6, and Boss7 all work as bosses.

Klublex

So..... if I want 2 bosses with healthbars, then I use Boss as one of them, and Boss2 as another? And about the start trigger, how do I make one for Boss2? (I don't understand your explanation)

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 5 2009, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So..... if I want 2 bosses with healthbars, then I use Boss as one of them, and Boss2 as another? And about the start trigger, how do I make one for Boss2? (I don't understand your explanation)

Oh, sorry. Make the Boss. Name it Boss. Name it's start trigger and doors Boss Start and Boss Door 1/Boss Door 2. Make the second boss. Name it Boss2. Name it's start trigger and doors Boss Start and Boss Door 1/Boss Door 2. (Same as first boss.) Don't worry, it should work fine as long as you do these steps in the order above. Got it?

Klublex

Cool! Thanks! I'll try that out. Anybody going to post another boss?

Maybe.
And no, I do not believe that anyone has beaten the Spinnerboss yet, if you do, tell me or post it here!

-K

šŸ™‚ maybe I should make another one. By the way, I think I figured out the frame rate problem on my lava boss. I don't want to fix it though šŸ˜›

Why wouldn't you fix it? šŸ˜›

Kasofa1, Klublex - I constantly get you two confused.

Similar names, similar avatars......

Okay, I suppose I could fix it, but I'm working on a different boss level now:) So I might later if I get bored.

Edit:
Heres the boss. Lamkin, I think the framerate should be fine (I had no trouble whatsoever) but if it doesn't cooperate, just say so and I'll try to fix it:\

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Odie : 07 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

Hey, Mack! Haven't seen you around recently. I see your "rank" above the blue squares is "Olam-ba-ha", how do you choose what to put there?

It's great to have a member that posts so rapidly, Odie, and your bosses are quite fun. šŸ™‚ Keep Sketching!

Klublex

P.S.:Unfortunately, my super-duper awesome boss has developed a glitch where it always floats to the top left corner that I can't fix. šŸ˜ž It's happened to me once or twice before, and nothing even change of script seems to be able to fix it. Oh, well, I'll just have to start over. I'm still working, though!

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 7 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lamkin, I think the framerate should be fine (I had no trouble whatsoever) but if it doesn't cooperate, just say so and I'll try to fix it:\

The frame rates weren't too bad...I just needed some missiles for that boss. The standard SketchFighter bosses I can handle with ease now, but you guys build some pretty tough bosses. šŸ˜‰
By the by, one thing you could always do to increase frame rates is to not use the health bar, as it eats up a lot of processor power. However, at least to me, watching a health bar decrease is a huge part of the fun of taking on a difficult boss. (Plus, it's frustrating to die and not know how close you came to defeating the dang thing.)

@Klublex...I'm thinking you have to be either a moderator or an admin in order to change the text below the username.

Some forums grant members the privilege of custom titles upon reaching a certain post count, (usually several thousand) while other forums only grant it to high ranking forum officials such as mods and admins as Lam suggests. The majority of forums don't use custom titles at all however, and I've no idea what Ambrosia's rulings are on the subject.

I grant the ability to anyone with over 300 posts on the Roguesoft forums, as I like encouraging uniqueness. At the same time you don't want everyone to bear a custom title, as then there'd be no way to discern ranks from them which is what the titles are intended for. šŸ˜„

I'm always a Forum Rogue when I obtain the ability.

EDIT:

Except on the Game Maker's Garage where I'm the GMG's Minister of Propaganda!

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 08 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Apr 7 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The frame rates weren't too bad...I just needed some missiles for that boss. The standard SketchFighter bosses I can handle with ease now, but you guys build some pretty tough bosses. šŸ˜‰
By the by, one thing you could always do to increase frame rates is to not use the health bar, as it eats up a lot of processor power. However, at least to me, watching a health bar decrease is a huge part of the fun of taking on a difficult boss. (Plus, it's frustrating to die and not know how close you came to defeating the dang thing.)

@Klublex...I'm thinking you have to be either a moderator or an admin in order to change the text below the username.

Hmf. Well Lamkin, it just takes some luck, some angry screaming, and persistance. I was able to beat it (I always make sure I can, if only just barely, beat my own boss), and you don't need missiles. I can trim off the health bar if you want.

EDIT:
I'm going to try to fix my Lava boss level.

This post has been edited by Odie : 08 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Odie @ Apr 8 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmf. Well Lamkin, it just takes some luck, some angry screaming, and persistance. I was able to beat it (I always make sure I can, if only just barely, beat my own boss), and you don't need missiles. I can trim off the health bar if you want.

If it's not too much trouble, you can get rid of the health bar and I'll definitely give it another shot. šŸ™‚

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Apr 8 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it's not too much trouble, you can get rid of the health bar and I'll definitely give it another shot. šŸ™‚

Sure, I'll do that now. Here is the lava boss again (with ample modifications) and the framerate should be fine. Also, I'll upload two, one without the healthbar lamkin.

EDIT:

Here is is without the health bar. It doesn't have the boss explosion:\ but other than that it should be pretty much the same.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Odie : 08 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

ā€¢ I'm not quite sure what I should be aiming at for the Lava Boss.
ā€¢ I could only last just under two minutes for the Forest Boss.
(The good news is that the frame rates for both bosses were decent.)
šŸ™‚

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Apr 9 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ā€¢ I'm not quite sure what I should be aiming at for the Lava Boss.
ā€¢ I could only last just under two minutes for the Forest Boss.
(The good news is that the frame rates for both bosses were decent.)
šŸ™‚

Grr. The Crab boss head is the target. I don't have it set up to end the level when it is dead, so just remember your time. Same with the forest boss.

Also, I did kill the forest boss with the current modifications, so it is quite possible. Did you notice you have a super beam?