Radioactive City

Boo. Yet again, they're all just waiting for something to do.

Okay, after beating the room with the flickers and strange dots I managed to get to the

Spoiler

contaminated forest boss

, but its boss door was closed. Is this intended to be like that? Ah, and a save zone created just for that boss would be very helpful, as you're arriving with few lifepoints and have no possibility to collect new ones.

Btw: It is possible to survive flying through the "no swimming" area.

I agree; there needs to be a save ring after the fight with the demon flickers and swarming dots. (which are brilliant, by the way. As a group they can be taken care of easily, but individually you're going to have the time of your life)

Ok, so a save ring, and fix the boss doors. Gotcha!
I have edited the first post to contain the current version of the level!

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 09 November 2008 - 09:17 PM

Well, I had to take a swim, but I beat the level.

Two notes; there's a force field after the first contamination shield, making it impossible for the player to go back through the level to finish the game, and the door that closes behind you during the boss fight is enemy destroyable, so I was able to save in the middle of the boss fight for virtually unlimited shields. Otherwise, it's a nice map! It's a bit long, and it's got some bugs, but it's got originality too.

P.S. you might want to make the "swimming" a more permanent feature for the final product. 😉

I'm not sure what you mean when you say swimming, could you enlighten me?
and I will fix the doors, but in which boss fight? The Contaminated Heart? Or the Radioactive Spinner?
I do believe that both have standard doors, I will need to check them though.
Thanks!

-K

@kasofa1, on Nov 10 2008, 08:02 AM, said in Radioactive City:

I'm not sure what you mean when you say swimming, could you enlighten me?
and I will fix the doors, but in which boss fight? The Contaminated Heart? Or the Radioactive Spinner?
I do believe that both have standard doors, I will need to check them though.
Thanks!

-K

Swimming is the part where's there all the forest greenery and particles that are radioactive, and there is a sign saying no swimming.
The Contaminated Heart has the dysfunctional Boss doors.

Sorry

@klublex, on Nov 10 2008, 09:07 AM, said in Radioactive City:

Swimming is the part where's there all the forest greenery and particles that are radioactive, and there is a sign saying no swimming.
The Contaminated Heart has the dysfunctional Boss doors.

Sorry

What he said. 🙂 I had to go swimming through the part with "no swimming", do a loop, and then come back at the bridge and squeeze my way in through the gap near the end of the bridge. That's why I think it should be a permanent feature.

I have fixed the doors and given the force field an Ex2 so it will disappear.
My intentions when I made the Sludge River was mainly for fun, and was not intended to be a feature, but I might be able to look at that...
Thanks for feedback!

-K

EDIT: I haven't posted the fixes, so nothing is new just yet.

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 10 November 2008 - 08:30 PM

Ok, I have just added the fixes and the swimming, I wouldn't recommend it, but it is possible to swim from the Bug Containment Zone to the Bridge areas. The level is in the top post!

-K

I give it a 10 out of 10 and an apology for using your concepts in Project Multi-Sketch A3, here are my comments:

The beam of red shooter things at the end were my favorite.
The "guardian attack shooter" is enemy, making it actually fly around and act like a real guardian, which I don't think is supposed to happen.
The wall in the "dot swarm" and X-plode flicker place is scripted as climate particles instead of light pulse.

A great level, I would say that so much of the amazing detail and concepts are in hidden secrets, though, that some players don't get to see them.

Good Job!
Klublex