Overgrown Factory

beta!

(salesman)
(deep, fearmaking voice)
The old Factory has been infested by insects and plants of (almost!) all kinds. The only way to reverse the process is to find an energy flower. But to do this, Sketch must travel deep into the factory. Who knows what kind of dangers await him...
(/deep, fearmaking voice)
(fast voice)
This is only beta. Please think about the factor that there may be bugs. Thisis a short level of about two, maybe three.
(/fast voice)
(/salesman)
So, who's up for it? 😉

Attached File(s)

awesome level!
I don't know about beta testing it, but I think I just did, I like it, didn't find anything wrong

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 03 March 2008 - 04:02 PM

@kasofa1, on Mar 3 2008, 10:02 PM, said in Overgrown Factory:

awesome level!
I don't know about beta testing it, but I think I just did, I like it, didn't find anything wrong

Thanks. About the blue door, you can sort of "go back" to that place in one of the next parts.

The Good

• Excellent start on a new level. The balance of enemies is only mildly trivial, and it's nice to see spiders getting some serious use.

• I like the way you have pockets in the walls filled with vegetation, and the amount of eye-candy you've scattered around is great.

The Bad

• The doors in the Tech. Dept. aren't quite the right colors, and (at least in the case of the blue one) appear above the door-holders.

• For that matter, the forest walls themselves aren't quite the right color, but that isn't really a problem, given that it's consistent. The only thing that really stands out gratingly for me is that blue door, which is far, far, far too bright.

• Also, as is usual in Factory/Forest-type levels, the Forest walls are too straight. If it was really an overgrown Factory, I'd expect the plants to be pushing out into the corridors, not just replacing chunks of Factory wall.

The Bugly

• Nothing, actually. Nice job on making the level apparently bug-free!

I'm looking forward to seeing the remaining parts of the level.

Edwards

The first chance I'll get to keep going is this weekend.

Update! I'll probably be done with the second part the day after tomorrow.

Attached File(s)

Nice level, Sidepipe! Having played both versions, I can now give my opinion.

Good

•I like the Forest walls that overlay the Factory corridors. Nice combination of environments.
•The two drones trapped in boxes in the walls were...entertaining. I must've watched them for 5 minutes! :laugh:
•The randomly stacked boxes near the exit seemed to suggest a hasty evacuation of the Factory. I like it!

Bad

•The passages are (in my opinion) too narrow in some places, especially near the "waterfall" area.
•The forest walls are almost too bright for the other scenery.
•The short mover blocking the exit can be destroyed by the wave gun. Try making the box Not Solid, or giving it -1 health.

Overall 4/5, great level, and I can't wait to see more!

Nice work! I like the overgrown aspect.