Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!

@freq245, on Dec 3 2006, 07:53 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Hehe, we'll see if I am able to beat your score again. 😛

By the way, one more thing: people who had a head start and are German and have a number in their forum name should wait for 20 days (i.e. until december the 20th), to leave ordinary mortals a chance. Because I said so. 😛

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 03 December 2006 - 04:55 PM

@zacha-pedro, on Dec 3 2006, 10:07 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

By the way, one more thing: people who had a head start and are German and have a number in their forum name should wait for 20 days, to leave ordinary mortals a chance. Because I said so. 😛

Ahwww, these mean mods...

Heh.

I suppose I'll wait too, even though I'm just playing through the game at a slow pace right now to pick everything up again.

I clarified this rule: "people who have had a head start should perhaps wait for 15 days (i.e. until december the 15th) to let the others have a chance. 😉 This is not to say you shouldn't complete a single-player mission, but you should not do "time runs" until this date."

@veritus-dartarion, on Dec 1 2006, 05:04 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Once the game's been out awhile I'm going to create a poll for # of deaths- I think I got a bit over 200 my first full game, and while I suspect that that is way above average, I don't really have any way of knowing. 🙂

I just finished 100% with only 102 deaths. Of course, I also had over 134,000 bullets fired, in part because I got lazy when zooming through levels near the end and just held down the fire key for the blue super homing gun and wave cannon. That, and you can create some neat color splashes by rapidly rotating colors with the super pellet gun.

Well, I just completed a 14 second minimalist run. Do I win? 😉

Your doesn't count, because it is a bug, gray shirt ninja.

@kauthor, on Dec 4 2006, 01:15 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Your doesn't count, because it is a bug, gray shirt ninja.

gray_shirt_ninja also just finished a 14 second sarcastic run, and you just missed it. :rolleyes:

Congrats to Pigbuster (whoever you may be) for a very impressive 38 minute run. I think beating that might be a challenge even for our illustrious mods. 🙂

Veritus, I think you know of the times, but otherwise, I might agree with Vert.

You guys are so lucky my computer can't run Sketch Fighter.

@qaanol, on Dec 4 2006, 06:00 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

You guys are so lucky my computer can't run Sketch Fighter.

It doesn't? The system specs cannot be much higher than they are for Nova. Or do you not have OS X?

edit: oh wait, I forgot about that windows contraption that has 95% of the market share. I guess you might have one of them.

@kauthor, on Dec 4 2006, 06:00 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Veritus, I think you know of the times, but otherwise, I might agree with Vert.

Actually, the last time I remember seeing at the top was longer than that. But I don't think I checked the tracker for awhile before release.

This post has been edited by Veritus Dartarion : 04 December 2006 - 09:50 PM

PowerMac 6500/225 OS 9 vintage 1996 for the win!

@veritus-dartarion, on Dec 5 2006, 02:55 AM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Congrats to Pigbuster (whoever you may be) for a very impressive 38 minute run. I think beating that might be a challenge even for our illustrious mods. 🙂

Congratulations here as well, this definetely starts to get harder. 😛

Oh, indeed things are starting to get interesting. Pigbuster could stay at the top for some time.

As long as the bug that enabled the 14-second run exists, there's nothing to stop someone with loads of time from using it but waiting 37 minutes before "winning", right? And nothing to stop the next guy from doing the same for 36...

I'm just saying, is all.

@qaanol, on Dec 5 2006, 06:48 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

As long as the bug that enabled the 14-second run exists, there's nothing to stop someone with loads of time from using it but waiting 37 minutes before "winning", right? And nothing to stop the next guy from doing the same for 36...

I'm just saying, is all.

Happily this bug won't be there in 1.0.1

🙂

@freq245, on Dec 5 2006, 10:50 AM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Happily this bug won't be there in 1.0.1

🙂

I guess I'd better have fun while it lasts 🙂

I wonder if I can shave off any time. 14 seconds is kinda slow.

@qaanol, on Dec 5 2006, 05:48 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

I'm just saying, is all.

Don't worry, surrounding data is sent (along with the time itself) to the tracker, and it can be checked to see whether the record is legit, and if Pigbuster's isn't, it will be removed from the list.

Congratulations to xander for having 37:20, now if you can get all of the items, then you will stand unchallenged until December 15th.