[ANN] -- Ambrosia releases Darwinia 1.1.0

enter the digital dreamscape

Rochester, NY -- March 30, 2005 -- Nearly three years after taking the underground gaming scene by storm with Uplink, Introversion and Ambrosia Software have teamed up again to release Darwinia. Combining fast-paced action with strategic battle planning, Darwinia is a real-time strategy game like no other. Download it here:

http://www.ambrosias...games/darwinia/

Posted Image

Darwinia combines state of the art fractal generated landscapes with iconic arcade sprites, an intuitive control mechanism, and a story concerning a tribe of video game sprites trapped in a modern 3D game world.

Will you heed the Darwinians' cries for help? Can you save them? Whether this digital dream is fulfilled or turns into a nightmare is up to you...

Buy this game now! The best 29 USD you will ever spend.

Darwinia has my official seal of approval 🙂

mrxak, on Mar 30 2005, 09:43 PM, said:

Darwinia has my official seal of approval 🙂
View Post

Mine too. Excellent game. Comes with some great level editing tools too.

I'm REALLY happy that this is released and all but, this is really cruddy timing because I leave the house for a 6 day trip and Darwinia comes out! I mean, I won't be able to play it until Monday because of this stupid Windows, god!

Great game. I feel special because I played it before the release. 😄

Me too 🙂

$30?! I had to pay $40 for the windows version... Stupid windows..

It's because they don't have to print a manual, box, or cd, as well as not having to ship it.

And Purchased!

I've been waiting patiently for the Mac OS X release and am extremely pleased with it. I'd like to thank you fine people for your hard work on this amazing game. 😄

(ok, enough blatant fanboying)

Is there anyway to view the intro movie that shows when you first run the game? I'd like to see it again as it's really cool.

Thanks again. Onto Containment...

Open ~/Library/Application Support/Darwinia/full/preferences.txt in a text editor.

Change the line:

bootloader = random

to

boatloader = firsttime

This will then show it for one run through, and then it will set it back to random again.

Andcarne, on Mar 31 2005, 10:19 PM, said:

Open ~/Library/Application Support/Darwinia/full/preferences.txt in a text editor.

Change the line:

bootloader = random

to

boatloader = firsttime

This will then show it for one run through, and then it will set it back to random again.
View Post

Excellent. Thanks. 🙂

Great game! I waisted hours yesterday with it. I've seen nothing like it before.