[TOURNAMENT] Results of the 1st Pop-a-Lympics, August 22nd

Thanks to all the players! Great tourney with lots of good fights.

Among others, we missed Ryoko and Hyko (sniff). 🙂
Fyrephin had to withdraw his participation.
Hopefully see you all next time (which should be very soon!!!)
@Ryoko: with you playing this tourney I'd never seen the semi-final 🙂

And these are the official results (kindly edited by co-host Ducky, thanks for helping):

Round one:

|                     |games   |games   |rounds  |rounds  |rounds  |
Rank  |Playername           |won     |lost    |won     |lost    |diff    |
------|---------------------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|
1     |Eno                  |      7 |      1 |     23 |     11 |     12 |
2     |SHOES                |      6 |      2 |     20 |      9 |     11 |
3     |Ducky                |      5 |      3 |     20 |     14 |      6 |
4     |popeye               |      5 |      3 |     18 |     14 |      4 |
5     |Paulina              |      5 |      3 |     19 |     17 |      2 |
6     |eccles               |      3 |      5 |     17 |     17 |      0 |
7     |squibix              |      3 |      5 |     12 |     16 |     -4 |
8     |Dampus               |      1 |      7 |      8 |     22 |    -14 |
9     |nemo                 |      1 |      7 |      6 |     23 |    -17 |
------|---------------------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|
      |checksums            |     36 |     36 |    143 |    143 |      0 |

Ranks three to five are very, very close, as you can see. Paulina won more rounds than popeye, but missed the semi finals as she lost even more rounds.

Half final 1

Eno (1st) vs. Ducky (3rd) 1:3

Half final 2

SHOES (2nd) vs. popeye (4th) 3:1

Match for first place
SHOES (winner of half final 1) vs. 1. Ducky (winner of half final 2) 3:0

Match for third place
Eno (second of half final 2) vs. popeye (second of half final 1) 1:3

**So Pop-a-Lympc gold goes to SHOES
The silver medal belongs to Ducky
Not to mention the bronze one for popeye ** 😄

Get all the results in detail at (url="http://"http://pop-pop.webhop.net")http://pop-pop.webhop.net(/url)

I am looking forward to the next tournament, date and time could be discussed in this thread.
Hope to see you on the tracker soon.

------------------
Support the Pop-a-Lympic idea!

(This message has been edited by popeye (edited 08-22-2004).)
Edit edit edit, too late now. I should go to bed.

(This message has been edited by popeye (edited 08-23-2004).)

Originally posted by popeye:
**Thanks to all the players! Great tourney with lots of good fights.

Among others, we missed Ryoko and Hyko (sniff). 🙂
Phyrefin had to withdraw his participation.
Hopefully see you all next time (which should be very soon!!!)
@Ryoko: with you playing this tourney I'd never seen the semi-final 🙂

I'll make sure I'm absent more often for you, popeye-san

Congratulations shoes - looks like you were up to it after all ^.^ Though, it also looks like you did need some more time to warm up...

Anyway, well done to everyone who took part
^_^

That was a great tourney, thanks for hosting popeye and Squibix. Surprisingly it was also one of the toughest tourneys I've played partly thanks to ass kicking performances from the 'new wave' players (Squibix quote), Ducky and popeye. Fortunately I somehow managed to whoop them both in the semi and the final, after they had both given me a whooping in the first round!

If we had all these players plus Ryoko, Hyko and Lumisa, we would have the meanest tourney ever! Imagine trying to get into the semis in that tourney! 😄

Ryoko:
I'll make sure I'm absent more often for you, popeye-san

Congratulations shoes - looks like you were up to it after all ^.^ Though, it also looks like you did need some more time to warm up...

Thanks Ryoko, I think our practice games did me a lot of good. I hope very much you are not absent in the next tourney.

Well played everyone, see you at the next one I hope.

Oh and quick mention for Eno who also played extremely well - unlucky mate! 😄

Sorry, can I also just add how proud I am to be part of such a successful British Olympic team.

Thanks. 😄

We'd better have another tournament soon, cause I played pretty poorly in that one and it sure was frustrating! At least I beat eventual bronze medal winner popeye 3-0, though. 😄

Originally posted by SHOES:
That was a great tourney, thanks for hosting popeye and Squibix.

Not I! Ducky was the other host, I believe; so not only do we have three new players (Dampus as well) leaping into the top 15, they're taking over the organization and showing us all how it should be done! Good work the newcomers. 😄

Oh and quick mention for Eno who also played extremely well - unlucky mate!:D

Thanks SHOES and congrats to you.
It was a funny tourney at all!

------------------
Enrico Enrco Enco Eno

**Sorry, can I also just add how proud I am to be part of such a successful British Olympic team.

Yeah, thanks to all again and again! It was big fun to play with you.
I also want to point out the enorrrmous success of the German Pop-a-Lympic équipe. Except for SHOES, we dominated the semis and, as usual in RL-Olympics, won everything but gold. Congrats to the SHOES-team. 🙂
Next time should be harder for Ducky and me. Surprise won't be on our side anymore. This is why I want to see you on the tracker, to have lots of practice (and fun).

Originally posted by Ryoko:
**I'll make sure I'm absent more often for you, popeye-san

Please do not. Looking forward to meet you in the next tourney. My bronze medal is only half as precious as you didn't take part. 🙂 (<- indicator of exaggeration)

Originally posted by Danny:
**We'd better have another tournament soon, cause I played pretty poorly in that one and it sure was frustrating! At least I beat eventual bronze medal winner popeye 3-0, though.

I agree with you. We should have a tourney as soon as possible. (Next week, tomorrow, right now?).
I also want to thank you for underlining in detail how you floored me. 🙂 Your 3:0 helped me not to play Eno (whom I beat later) but SHOES (who beat me) in the semis. That 3:0, to repeat the result for those who didn't notice yet, might have cost me the gold medal! To help you to understand your 3:0 (in words: threezero) triumph, I still was alcoholized from a very nice party the night before.

This, btw., brings up the DOPING ISSUE. How can we hold Pop-a-Lympics without having control over postive or, in my case, negative doping? 🙂 (<- sarkkasm-indicator, Ryoko ^-^) We should dicuss that in eccles' thread on Pop-a-LympicŠŽ ideas.

------------------
Support the Pop-a-Lympic idea!

(This message has been edited by popeye (edited 08-24-2004).)

I agree with you. We should have a tourney as soon as possible. (Next week, tomorrow, right now?).

New thread required here, probably...

Originally posted by popeye: re Squibix
I also want to thank you for underlining in detail how you floored me.:) Your 3:0 helped me not to play Eno (whom I beat later) but SHOES (who beat me) in the semis. That 3:0, to repeat the result for those who didn't notice yet, might have cost me the gold medal! To help you to understand your 3:0 (in words: threezero) triumph, I still was alcoholized from a very nice party the night before.

:: wonders vaguely whether SHOES-kun has got out his little book to make note, or whether that pleasure is reserved for her::
So run that one by me again... you lost Rei-san ? (guesses nobody will get the Eva pun Ź_Ź )

**This, btw., brings up the DOPING ISSUE. How can we hold Pop-a-Lympics without having control over postive or, in my case, negative doping?:) **

:: wonders again whether SHOES-kun ... ::
How can you do positive doping in pop-pop? As to negative doping, as I said, I think alcohol in small quantities helps. I suppose that answers my first question to some extent.

Please do not. Looking forward to meet you in the next tourney. My bronze medal is only half as precious as you didn't take part.

baka... there is never any point in saying 'what if' - I did not take part, so don't put yourself down, ne? ^^
I don't know when I'll next make a tournament - I never do anyway, but recent events have probably pushed that into 'not anytime soon' land. So in your case - you should be able to work towards raising your standard without worrying about new competition... ^
~ Though I did see lumisa-san on the tracker today, playing an 'alex' - where are you lumisa? Come out and say hello, ne? ^_^

------------------

Well, the results of this tourney merely reconfirmed that I suck at pop-pop. I'll be training for the next one.

------------------
"Music is the only thing in this world, with the exception of sneezing and looking at the sunset, that takes you to a place that's above the mundane. Everything else is just bull****." - Stephan Jenkins
Mac OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than fixing Windows.
(url="http://"http://www.roosteredge.com/")The Core Ascendency(/url) :-: Minion of the Divals Imperium
Courtesy of LawnGnome and Chad, (url="http://"http://www.roosteredge.com/lawngnome/forums/nemogf.gif")"nemo and Jshei"(/url) and (url="http://"http://www.roosteredge.com/chad/Portraits/nemo_jshei1.jpg")"The Lovers"(/url), respectively.