[Xsera] Other Xsera

As always, the work you guys are doing is very, very impressive.

The fact that the project has gotten this far (and is still moving forward) is a major testament to the dedication of the developers.

QUOTE (Lord Commander Anic @ Jun 28 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great to see it coming along so nicely.
Looking forward to demo 2.

If you need it tested on a G4 last model iMac running Leopard let me know, or on 10.4.11 on a similar slightly older machine. I could also test it on my old Titanium PB running 10.4.11 or my current MBP 10.5.6, 10.5.7.
I could also facilitate any earlier version of Tiger or Leopard on appropriate machines.

Don't bother with the TiBook. There is a shader incompatibility with the Mobility Radeon 9000, and I suspect earlier versions as well. Believe me, I tried.

1 GHz Titanium PowerBook, 1 GB RAM, 64 MB Mobility Radeon 9000, Mac OS 10.5.7 and 10.4.11.

For those people interested in testing the second demo, I would hang round #xsera on irc.ambrosiasw.com - that's usually where I pull testers from (and a select few other rooms). You never know what might happen.

Actually, I think I could offer a few good guesses on what might happen. It's on what will happen that I main healthily agnostic.

Bump. How did this fall of the front page again?

It goes away if nobody posts within 30 days. Which is more likely to happen during the summer.

Not reflective with what's been going on in Xsera, though.

bump 😄

New progress post.

Discuss.

I suppose I could write up some stuff for the new site (non-code stuff I mean).

Other than that, it's looking good!

Sure Two Jacks, submit whatever you've got to me via PM, email, IRC, whatever.

*Some restrictions apply. Everybody can feel free to submit content, but email/PM me first for some information about how it works.

Where do I find Demo 2? I already tried downloading Demo 1 but the server didn't respond.

Then I see that Demo 2 is out in the Progress Log, but no link to it. Where is it?! I wana try it! This is mildly frustrating. <_<

This post has been edited by darthkev : 30 September 2009 - 01:06 AM

There's a whole topic devoted to Demo 2, just like the Demo 1 topic you managed to gravedig. All Xsera topics are in the Ares Briefing Room.

Great! Thanks, Adam. Now if I can only figure out how to subscribe to the Progress thread without posting on it...

I told you how to do that in another topic. :rolleyes:

If you have any more questions, PM someone instead of posting in a topic. Thanks!

So yeah, been a while since an update here.

Anything cool or big we could salivate over?

Space Race: the Musical is coming together well.

As is multiplayer. I've been working on basic multiplayer, and I think it's starting to work. More on this in a progress post soon, hopefully.

The fixed width of the boards really made that 'hopefully' extra dramatic.

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 15 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

wanders in

Oh hey, I highly approve of this project. Good show, everyone.

EDIT: I realize this is supposed to be only for Xsera discussion, but oh well; this seems pretty closely related. Apparently there is/was also a similar project by the name of Antares, with Pallas working on it singlehandedly? What's the scoop on that one?

This post has been edited by Mag Steelglass : 13 February 2010 - 01:37 AM

Holy crap, its Mag Steelglass!

The Antares project is crawling along somewhat slowly (since it is just Pallas after all). It looks like there was a page set up at http://code.google.com/p/antares/ but I don't know if there's anything more recent.

QUOTE (Two Jacks @ Jan 15 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fixed width of the boards really made that 'hopefully' extra dramatic.

The progress post is up, no more "hopefully".

...hopefully 😛

QUOTE (Mag Steelglass @ Feb 12 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I realize this is supposed to be only for Xsera discussion, but oh well; this seems pretty closely related. Apparently there is/was also a similar project by the name of Antares, with Pallas working on it singlehandedly? What's the scoop on that one?

This is as good a place to ask as any - after all, these are the Ares forums (no matter how much Xsera seems to have taken over :p). Pallas is indeed the only one working on Antares (<-- official home page). Our FAQ discusses Xsera vs Antares here (which contains a redirect back to a topic on the boards, heh).

While were on the topic of forums: Any chance Xsera/Antares will get it's own subforum once it's done?