The Officer's Club Bar #7

Better watch out in that storeroom - it's been a while since the giant rats in there have been fed...

What the... I thought the droids took care of the rats. Maybe you should think twice before buying driods from a Bazidan whose name translates to "dirty money".

Returns from the storeroom covered in tiny blastmarks and debris, holding five rat carcasses by the tail. Well, I just broke up what has apparently become a weekly droid-rat poker game. I'm gonna reprogram these guys. The dancing thing was plenty weird enough without them being rodent collaborators. Ugh. All right, for the time being I've shut down the droids and I'm going to go take a look at the wreck floating outside. Goes back to storeroom.

Difficult to get good Droids these days
Still, looks like Rat ScratchinsŽŠ™ are back on the menu again...

Returns to the bar with his spacesuit covered in snow and wrapped in odd blinking lights. Well, there was nobody in the spacecraft but this jolly old crazy guy in a red suit who said he was on his way to Earth on some kind of bizarre mission to distribute playthings and sundries to the population. Odd. I wonder what I should do with these lights? Ah well, guess I'll just string 'em up around the bar for a little decoration.

You know, I remember the days when the flying gift delivery service was still regarded as an urban legend. Funny how times change, isn't it? And incidentally, I notice the flow of Salrilian Gin coming my way has been reduced somewhat. Barkeep, would you be so kind as to rectify the issue?

Oh, and I think I broke one of your maintenance droids. It seemed to be attempting to terminate me.

... steps over broken droid (one of it's eyes is still glowing red, just about...) as a Jawa prods it gingerly.

Any chance of a GreenyBlue with old fashioned H20 ice cubes?
I see the temporal eddies are bad again, days feel like months round here.

walks over to the vending machine, puts in change, grumbles something vagrant accompanied by a slap to the machine and pulls out a dusty Dr. Pepper

Apparently the only reason it gave me change the first time around was because it was trying to get a hold of somebody to fix it. Could of told me that earlier, I guess...

But anyway, does anybody know how the bio-weapons trade is holding up on Kon?

Ah, Kon... about that... I'm afraid I was involved in a little temporal-spatial issue there... nothing major... but it isn't going to be practical to access it from the regular space-time continuum for a while. You might have notice the ripples from the bar here - they make days feel like months?

hmm? Bio-weapons? Kon? Last time I was on Kon, the price of Bio-weapons was really low.

...or months seem like years.
I thought that the price of Bio Weapons was always high on Kon,
and conveniently low on a nearby system.

Actually, the price of bio-weapons ought to be high, and if it isn't, then pulling weapons off of another planet isn't worth while, since the nearest spot to buy bio-weapons is half-way across that particular quadrant of space. You can only pull a good haul off bio-weapons as long as the price difference between the high and low prices stays relatively high.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 23 April 2008 - 12:38 PM

LCA beams into the bar, puts a coin into the Hagrabiscuit Vending Machine and pulls the lever extracting a GreenyBlueŽŠ™
Nothing like the real taste.
The eerie dull green/yellow of the Machine's illuminators cast shadows upon the shadows of the bar.

LCA beams out and the Vending Machine goes back into sleep mode, after pocketing the coin.

Mack walks back in, unsurprised at the level of dust covering every stool, chair, and table.

"I'll have another one on the tab, thanks " he says to the bartender, who slings a cold root beer down the bar to him.

Did you hear? The Bar tender left for Zion 8 weeks ago.

chucks a dollar into the soda machine and gets a Dr. Pepper in a glass bottle

Ah... This is what real men drink. Not that Salrilian Booze stuff, just a Dr. Pepper.

Hm, i rekon i'll try one of those Dr. Ps
Getting used to GreenyBlueŽŠ...

One Doc Pep, coming right up. Notices the blank stares of all non-skeletal bar patrons. Yeah, the whole tiny subterranean refuge thing wasn't really doing it for me. I like being up here in space. How're all my favorite customers doing?

Thanks, doin fine.
Drinks Doc.

It's the temporal eddies see, time runs more slowly in the bar than anywhere else...
...lucky it doesn't run backwards, yet.

Yeah, you gotta watch those eddies. I once got a whole case of 12-year-old scotch turned into a bunch of bottles full of wheat and barley. Damn shame. Anyone else care for a drink?

OOC: I received my mixologist's certificate today, so I am now, in fact, a trained bartender. With luck this will allow me to survive my impending acting career.

No thanks, bar tender.

Theoretically it's impossible for time to run backwards. What's more likely to happen is everything is advanced forwards in time at an astronomical rate, which can leave a few things behind, such as that case of scotch and this bar.