The Officer's Club Bar #7

Ach sehr gut!
In zat case I vill half zwei liters off your best Salrillian HauptbeerŽŠ™, das blue label stuff vot issst only 80 percent fröth...

falls through decaying roof

Oh. Hello all...

\\stumbles in, looking frantic\\ hey you guys got a bathroom in he- ... oh yeah this place

... the music stops, and all attention turns to the newcommer...

"The bathroom, er yea...,
second on the left on the right.

And watch out for the cleaning bots on the way, they're in foul humour since they lost that skirmish with the rats...
Sure is a nice bath in there,
fully automated and platinum plated, so they say."

... the music restarts amidst s######ing from some of the patrons.
"But then no one's ever returned from the bathroom, so who knows"

"On second thought I think I'll hold it until I get to the military base on Mars. I have a shipment that needs to get there in any case. Do you people happen to have a can of Dr. Pepper somewhere around here?"

Um, the barkeep has just stepped out for an eon,
but you could try the HagrabiscuitŽŠ™ Vending Machine over there in the corner.
It has been known to serve just about anything from Urinerecyc to Pan Galactic Gragleblasters...

Gestures with head in the direction of a dimly lit corner occupied by a grimy yellow machine the size of an automatic public toilet with a lopsided flashing red neon sign atop it.

... watch out for the Hagrabiscuit though, it's the blue Salrillian variety, an aquired taste at the best of times.

Okay, thanks.

walks over to vending machine, pops in a five, and takes out a shining red Dr. Pepper and some change

Ahhh, these are the best. fizz

Wow!
It gave you change, it must like you !

LCA raises GreenyblueŽŠ™ "cheers" and drinks some.
A skeleton somewhere in the background falls over loudly, but doesn't fall appart

Clearly not a one of you is a true officer. Conduct unbecoming, I say!

Mack slaps restraints on mrxak's hands and leads him out of the bar to a waiting police ship

Clearly Mrxak was unaware I was in here. I remember when this place was back on the old AresCentral.com boards.

burps loudly

Oh! Excuse me!

So... what have you guys been doing with your lives in the years since the awesomeness that was the Ares community?

I'm getting my Ph.D in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, working on regenerative stem cell tissue engineering.

Well, I was a hot shot in the mortgage business until I got sober, and recently I fired up my own business doing the recycling and remarketing of electronic equipment, but that's really about all.

Re-appears through a secret hatch in the ceiling. Clearly, since the hatch is no longer secret, it immediately self-destructs to prevent use by any witnesses.

Keeping myself frantic as a college acting major. Finally got a decent role in a show recently for the first time this year. That fills up my time nicely.

Puts a few credits in the juke box and requests some Coltrane

*Unfortunately, the box begins to play that obnoxious pop hit by the Austrailian band "Chunder Wonder".

"So there's this and the cleaning bots. You think maybe your IT guy has a grudge?"

Loads both barrels of a 12-gauge shotgun, holds it at arm's length, and propels two cartridges-worth of screaming lead death into the juke box. That's better. I really don't know what's going on with the systems around here. The dancing cleandroids are entertaining enough, but that was a bit much.

Huh, I remember this place, coming up upon seven years in a few more months. Its kind of interesting to see how people have changed over the years, even though some of the things some people wrote back in the day (especially myself) makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Avatara approaches Cicion. "You probably haven't heard of this backwater culture, but the Cytherians owe their continuing existence to this place. On behalf of them, I'd like to express my gratitude." Avatara presents an ornately decorated plaque with an inscription written in some ancient language.

Hey that bathroom was pretty nice... wait...I've been gone HOW LONG???
Oh well.
\\picks up skull that's laying around\\ How much to fill this up with Audemedon Vodka?

Just in case you don't know, Audemedon "Vodka" is pretty much just straight ethanol.