The Officer's Club Bar #7

The Journalist posts in this topic.

Hamster swings a cowpaw over the bar, in an attempt to shoo the mutated rat, but only succeeds in knocking The Journalist's head clean off, and into another forum. Hamster walks on his cowpaws away from the table, sees the rat, and crushes it under a mighty cowpaw.

Hamster's paws bellow in victory. They celebrate with a round of GreenyBlueŽŠ™.

Mack looks at Hamster's paws and they continue to grow. Soon, the whole bar is taken up by the two cowpaws, and everyone is crammed up against the walls.

Mack shouts, "Help!"

Due to an error in the Real LyfeŽŠ™ physics engine, a critical exception occurs when both skyfox and cowpaw occupy the same space at the same time. The program called "The Universe" crashes, and everybody suddenly find themselves in inky blackness staring up at the windows boot-up screen. The loud booming voice of god calls out "Er, sorry about that"

Then suddenly everything is back where it was. Cowpaw still crushing the few remaining patrons of the bar into the walls. Skyfox searches around quickly for an explosive device of some sort. The only thing he can find is a 2000 year old stick of sweating dynamite. He lights the fuse...

"SQUEAK" said the Death Of Rats as it expertly manipulated its scythe in the release of the Giant Greeny Rat spirits, which went on their way.., followed by the Death Of Rats, carefully stepping over a pool of GreenySomethingŽŠ™ before vanishing.
Affairs of the still living were not its concern. :blink:

rushes to save this topic before it vanishes forever.

holds it gently in his hand and pets it while wonder what to do with it next

Looks at LCA. "What should we feed it? I'm thinking brussel sprouts."

This post has been edited by Skyfox : 20 March 2006 - 02:05 PM

"Brussel Sprouts? Are you crazy? This topic needs spinach."

It needs anything so long as it's green..., and liquid,
thinks
cabbage juice,
hmm, wonder if they serve that here... :huh:

Looks back into half empty glass,
which might be considered to be half full :rolleyes:

As an engineer, I declare that the glass is twice as large as it needs to be.

The topic needs spinach!

Hmm, I was once chief Engineer on a Starship...

with all the temporal eddies in this bar, the glass can be any size it wants to be, at any time, the bigger the better, means the GreenyBlueŽŠ$? Logo will be more visible

"I went down to the store room to get some spinach, however I found that the storage only holds quantum spinach, which may or may not exist until you observe it. I opened the door, and poof all of it ceases to be."

"So, how do I put Schrodinger's cat back in the box?"

...simple, close the door again, and that restores the uncertainty...

@lord-commander-anic, on Mar 22 2006, 06:13 AM, said in The Officer's Club Bar #7:

with all the temporal eddies in this bar, the glass can be any size it wants to be, at any time, the bigger the better, means the GreenyBlueŽŠ$? Logo will be more visible

So that's why I keep phasing in and out of existence

LCA phases back into existence for a moment

... and here's me thinking it was just your teleport that wasn't working properly...

grabs a drink at random from the bar and phases back out of existence

LCA pokes head inside bar door to see what's going on, notices someone lurking in the shadows.
Naah, just the light...

...the atmosphere in this place has gone downhill

I didn't realize there was an uphill

... so there was someone lurking in the shadows.

Hey Mac, have a GreenyBlueŽŠ™
It seems to be all that there is these days....

Nods to the vast array of dusty GreenyBlueŽŠ™ products behind the bar, to the exclusion of every other product it seems. mmmmmGreenyBlueŽŠ™ 🆒 🆒 🆒 🆒 🆒

The bartender saunters slowly in, turns the music back on, and slips behind the bar. Yes, it is I again. Poor ol' place.

Anic reanimates in.
Ah, so the bugblatterbeasts in the hallway didn't get you after all. How are things?

A cool beer please, It's ages since I've had a drink.

Well, they had me on the ropes for a little while, but my trusty blade and I managed to get through all right. It helps that I've been fully trained to fight with my eyes closed, so I just wrapped a bandana around them and the bugblatters ignored me until I dispatched them.

Fixes Anic a chilled beer. There you are, ol' pal. Yeah, things've been pretty good with me. Year's coming along all right. I've been remembering the early glory days of this place lately, way back before even you were a regular. Ah, those were the times.