Member-Run FAQ

Would anyone care to take it upon themselves to put together all these Q&As into one (or a few) organized posts? Just looking for somebody to check on accuracy, and make it look pretty.

Q: What happens to topic threads in the forum that 'expire'? Obviously all the threads that have ever been started since this forum began aren't in the list of actively participated-in threads down there... Is there a place that they're archived off to, or are they deleted after a certain period of inactivity?

The reason I'm asking is that I got some info on Nova resource files a while back, and didn't write it down anywhere, and now I can't find the thread to refer to. Is it gone, and I need to ask the question again? :unsure:

If you click on the ‘Click here to show filter options’ link at the bottom of the topic list, you can set it to show topics beyond the default 30-day window, even back to the beginning of this forum in early 2000. (I’d forgotten how controversial that was, and how incredibly snarky this place used to be!) You can also find topics using the search box near the top of the page.

Rather than make a new topic, I'll ask here:

How do I create a pilot file, and set it to start on a specific planet with a specific ship?

@avi-kerensky, on 07 September 2011 - 06:57 PM, said in Member-Run FAQ:

How do I create a pilot file, and set it to start on a specific planet with a specific ship?

chär resources control where the player begins and in what condition (ship, money, legal status…). You can either replace the existing chär ID 128, or you can add a second, in which case they player will be allowed to choose between them.

Thanks. Got it. 🙂

I realize that it has been a long time since this last post, but I felt this should be put up in case someone hasn't kept up to date on their Nova version

Please note that versions of EV Nova for windows prior to 1.0.10 have a bug in which multiple char resources do not work. If you still have one of these versions, please update ASAP. If for some reason you cannot update, replacing char 128 will be your only recourse.