Anyone have SpacePort 1.2?

The question is, what input would the Windows version take? There isn’t a format for Windows EV/EVO plug-ins. People already have a hard enough time extracting Macintosh Nova plug-ins in a way that the Windows-based convertor will accept.

As much as we Windows users would love the moon, I suspect we're looking so far backwards into technology history that it's pretty much impossible without one serious undertaking, if it were possible at all.

In theory, a Windows version could take a .bin of an EV/O plug-in and then write a .rez rather than a Mac EVN plug-in. The real problem (aside from the fact that SpacePort is kluged together and doesn't have any sort of support for outputting in different formats) is that there really aren't any EV/O plug-ins formatted this way. Nearly all of them are going to be compressed with StuffIt, which even most Mac users don't have installed anymore. Unless StuffIt has a method of extracting files with resource forks in BinHex format on Windows, it would be useless.

If a Windows user wants a port of an EV/O plug-in, they can just ask. I'm sure someone on here would be more than happy to run it through SpacePort for them. A more useful and practical addition would be the ability to automatically archive the converted plug-in. Perhaps it would be possible to incorporate my plug-in archiver app, which is written in REALbasic.

Sorry to Necro a dead thread, but are there any plugin converters from EVO to EVN (for Guy's mod) that work on Intel? Spaceport (even 1.2) won't run, it says it's only PowerPC. I'd love to use some EVO plugins in my Nova version.

MissionComputer can open plugins of any format (I believe), and save them as Nova. Prepare to do a LOT of manual tweaks to make a plugin behave anything like it did in Override, though. Use the forum search to find topics about what tweaks are recommended.