Do you sing?

...outside of the shower?

Fr reals: do we have any active members who are gifted vocally? I am composing words & music for a plug I am working on and am an OK singer, but I'm trying to find someone else to at least sing.

I've participated in choirs for a total of maybe 2.5 years, though not anytime recently. I've been told I have a good voice. I'm not certain I would produce something better than what you could come up with, but I'd be happy to try.

I used to be in a choir, though it's been years. I'd also be happy to try. Perhaps you can have multiple people send you audio files, and whichever you like the most you can use.

OK great. do you have a way to record yourself?

Mackilroy: that sounds like a great idea, I just dislike submission/elimination processes (especially when I'm on the other side... especially for something that is unpaid). however, it's going to be intro music so it needs to bear repeating. Intro music for EV games and plugs has been instrumental up to this point; I just want to do something a little different.

I am sending you both PMs

This post has been edited by Sklent : 18 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

The best I can do is the mic on my laptop or iPhone.

OK no worries. This is free content for a free plug for a game not too many people play anymore. It may not work but we'll try it & see what happens.

MAC or PC?

Mac. An old MacBook, actually.

ok. if you're still interested there's a free program called "GarageBand" that should run on your computer that will record you. it even comes standard on some macs iirc

Rather than eliminating anyone, since you have two people who've both been in choirs, why not use both in some sort of duet/mini choir? You could even copy and raise/lower their recordings to different octaves to make your own choir! đŸ˜„

Definitely a possibility & I'm willing to give it a go.

@sklent, on 18 December 2013 - 09:52 PM, said in Do you sing?:

ok. if you're still interested there's a free program called "GarageBand" that should run on your computer that will record you. it even comes standard on some macs iirc

Right, I have that installed. Somewhere.

A duet would be interesting...

Indeed. Are you guys interested still after hearing my horrible recordings?

I'd volunteer but while I'm not a bad singer, I can't promise the same quality from any of my recording equipment. Plus, the only experience I've had is a year in the choir class at my university, which only meets for half an hour, twice a week. I don't have any sort of professional instruction as far as technical stuff goes, I've just got good pitch.

I am a baritone/low tenor with 8 years of classical opera training. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, though.

My only goal with this into music is to a) do something a little different and đŸ†’ have it bear repeating. It is intro music, after all. Delphi I am going to send you a PM with details. I have rough recordings and lyrics if you're interested/have time.

I am a decent bass singer. If you just need some kind of low guttural hum, I might be able to do something đŸ˜›

I've got myself a choir!

edit: time permitting, I may actually do something choral with you guys. Maybe something for an uninhabited planet or something.

This post has been edited by Sklent : 27 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

That would be hilariawesome.

+1

@geek, on 27 December 2013 - 10:44 AM, said in Do you sing?:

I am a decent bass singer. If you just need some kind of low guttural hum, I might be able to do something :p/>

That. Low, choral, Dwarven chantish kinda things is what I do best.