3000 Progress Log

I honestly don't know. Redchigh hasn't responded to PMs or emails. I suspect he's on vacation.

hello. bows

orlando was great, how'd you guess?
I was only there for a week, so its no excuse really.

I haven't even SEEN my 3000 data in weeks, I hope its still there.
getting a laptop for christmas though (is what my wife says so she wont let me put too much money into fixing my mac)

Worst case scenario I have my filebox data and my notebook of um... notes so the plug won't die.

the map looks great... its pretty much what I envisioned. (can't see it too well.)

What would you like to work on next? I will more than likely be able to log on weekly if not more often.

Lets decide whats next so we can keep rolling with our current momentum!
(and yes the mission bit position is still open. I think soitbegins still has a few drawings of the mission outlines I came up with)
I'm going to post another topic asking some questions related to the plug that may or may not be possible... so look for them ig you want a peek at the strange new stuff that um.. could be in the plug.

Don't assume that this TC is dead yet- if anyone even remembers it.

Quite a while back I lost Edwin and Phlo to other projects because of my rudeness, and lost track of soitbegins due to inability to get online.

In the last year an a half work has been REALLY slow, but still working. Solo. The planets are placed in the universe, the dudes are done (although not referenced by every system yet)
and I found placeholder graphics for everything. (some from shipyards are quite decent.) If I'm remembering correctly, the only things left to do are:
Descs
Misns
and about 2 days worth of general tweaking of some minor cosmetic bugs.

I think when I do release it (definately next year) it will be complete except for missions. Maybe 5 or 10 missions for each mission string, like a teaser. I'm also hoping to get DSL or Cable internet soon (Maybe february) so I can post some screenshots and the like. (I'm really proud of the planets. I just photoshoped hi-res photos from the hubble telescope.) My main problem now is that I've worked out in my head the order I want to program the missions, but right now I'm on the fourth mission and It won't behave properly. I'll make another topic to prod the brains of programmers smarter than I. Maybe someone is exited about this, eh?

I could definately use some encouragement. Otherwise I'll spend all my time playing Left4Dead...

encouragement

I would be willing to do some bits work over the holidays but into january school will pick up again and my time will be limited.

I can only get online once every few weeks and thats if I'm lucky- I don't have the internet AND don't have a car. I think It would be best if I worked by myself until I have internet. Thanks though...

Nice to see a topic necro from the grave for a very good reason. Just keep at it, you got a functional universe, you're at the home stretch (even if it is a long stretch). A bit more and you can join the few, the proud, the EVN TC Creators.

QUOTE (JoshTigerheart @ Dec 17 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice to see a topic necro from the grave for a very good reason. Just keep at it, you got a functional universe, you're at the home stretch (even if it is a long stretch). A bit more and you can join the few, the proud, the EVN TC Creators.

The leet of the leets. Do you has the skill? 😛

Nice to see you're still working. I've scrapped my idea because it was full of fail.

New an Improved Redchigh is here!
Now with INTERNET!
and original username restored!

Lets see if I/We can't crank out this TC!
(Still have a lot to do...)
UPDATE:
This is what needs to be done-

Most of the planet graphics are off, and need tweaking.
Anyone with free time and photoshop is welcome to do it.
(just rip them out of the plug and fix them, and place them back)
back)

I need landing pics. If anyone knows where I can find some good ones, let me know. I was going to photoshop photos of landscapes on earth, since there's quite a bit of variety in our own backyard.
(again, if someone with photoshop wants to work on it, let me know.)

Descriptions-
I probably have a total of 5 descriptions out of probably a thousand when everythings said and done.
Anyone who wants to help, let me know.

Missions-
I have about three done. Even having short storylines for all of the factions would probably use most of the available resources.

I haven't really touched it in about 5 months... Still saved on my HD and a USB drive though. It'll take a long time to upload, with all the images and music.

I've pretty much given up on having QT movies in the plug, since I can't do it and I doubt anyone would want to do it for free.
The storyline will branch frequently and often unpredictably-
Example-
In the UROS storyline you're sent to eliminate a stranded pirate ship.
If you eliminate the ship (which unknown to you, houses the pirate leader's son- the next heir to the leadership) then the pirates will ally with UROS's enemies (thus allying them), resulting in some VERY tough battles later on.

If you save him, and you happen to land on a future storyline possibility (that's top secret) then a large pirate fleet will jump into the system, likely saving your life and preventing the destruction of hundreds of planets.
(will get very interesting soon!)

I've been busy, what with selling tropical fish online, but I want to start working on this again!

I highly recommend picking up a copy of Terragen2 for landing pictures. Yes, when you first open it up, it looks a little like the cockpit of an F-22, but with a few basic landscape tutorials, you'll have photorealistic landscapes in no time flat.

For making QT movies, if you can make movies in any format, you can convert them to .mov with AVS video converter. You could also buy a license for QT Pro and use that to make .mov files. If you're thinking of making 3D animations and putting those into .mov format, you can export those directly through Blender.

If you don't have Photoshop, you can also use The GIMP. Easy to use, open source (free,) and just as effective as Photoshop.

QUOTE (krugeruwsp @ Mar 2 2010, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I highly recommend picking up a copy of Terragen2 for landing pictures. Yes, when you first open it up, it looks a little like the cockpit of an F-22, but with a few basic landscape tutorials, you'll have photorealistic landscapes in no time flat.

For making QT movies, if you can make movies in any format, you can convert them to .mov with AVS video converter. You could also buy a license for QT Pro and use that to make .mov files. If you're thinking of making 3D animations and putting those into .mov format, you can export those directly through Blender.

If you don't have Photoshop, you can also use The GIMP. Easy to use, open source (free,) and just as effective as Photoshop.

I actually have photoshop and imageready, but my computer is 11 years old.
Even photoshop can take several minutes just to apply a simple filter.

As far as the movies...
If I can't find someone to do them for me, then I simply won't use any. They're not really critical

I may be able to help with landing descriptions. I'll send you a PM.

This post has been edited by n64mon : 02 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

Okay thanks!

Anyone else wanna help?

@redchigh, on 02 March 2010 - 07:33 PM, said in 3000 Progress Log:

Okay thanks!

Anyone else wanna help?

Writing planet descriptions is my idea of a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Is this still happening?

In fact, if any big plugs/TCs need a few dozen/hundred planetary descriptions churned out, I'd be happy to. I'm incompetent with mission bits, but I can write very well, and can be creative on a schedule. Been working on a super-small TC myself this past week; 7 systems but almost 100 spobs. I'm getting bogged down on the technicals a bit...

Which is a way to say that if all you need is some description writing and fleshing out, I'm more than ready to help.