Un-Employment thread

Name: Trah

Development platform: EVNova OS X

Tools available: Cinema 4D R9, Photoshop 7, iLife 04, QuickTime Pro

Skills: 3D stuff, some basic photoshop tinkering, whatever iLife and QT let me do.

Experience: No EV work. I'm fairly new to graphics.... I've had C4D since Christmas 04. The only thing I have uploaded.

Availability: All. Large projects, small projects and TC's.

e-mail: hart1@ptd.net
AIM: hartthedemocrat

Name: Darth_vader

Platform: EV Nova, Windows

Tools: EVNEW, Wings 3D, MS Word

Skills: VERY basic 3d modeling (nothing to render with though), writing, basic use of EVNEW.

Experiance: One plug released, several more in the works.

Original text of availability:

Availability: Small stuff or small writing parts of larger projects. Fairly busy with my rauther storyline plug and the Free Trader plug I am doing with ThrawnRocks. Am also available for consulting one use of EVNEW. email me.

Edit:
Now not available for anything. New project in the works! Very top secret! You might be hearing about it in a few months! If it doesn't die first!!

Druker@uni.uiuc.edu

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 17 December 2005 - 02:34 PM

Name: Steelix (Real Name: Removed)

Development platform: Nova. Will not do Classic or Override.

Tools available: Photoshop, Bryce 3D, NovaTools (ResEdit) and MissionComputer.

Skills: Storyline writing, prefer to work alone. Outfit designer and ship designer (Designer, not maker. I give ideas.) I have an extensive knowledge of the EVN universe, and the inner workings of Nova. I know my stuff with EVC, but EVO is completely lost on me.

Experience:
EVC: Made a variety of cheats and quick fixes. All were successful and helpful in some way.
EVO: Negative. I don't like EV: Override.
EVN: A countless amount of quick fix things. Was working on Ghost 1.0, but that was cancelled due to lack of time (I can't do a TC all by myself), currently working on Project Inferno.

Availability: Currently unavailable, due to Project Inferno

Contact Information:
e-mail: steelixasw@gmail.com
AIM: KomodoSteelix
IRC: Steelix on irc.ambrosia.net's #kontik, #evdc and #nova. #kontik preferred.

This post has been edited by Steelix : 24 September 2007 - 06:04 AM

Name: Dash_Merc (Real Name Removed)

Development platform: EV: Nova (Win and Mac); EV: Classic (including the official Nova port)

Tools available: Windows: EVNEW. Mac: MissionComputer, etc. (name it, I've likely downloaded it and toyed with it). When it comes to graphics, I use Photoshop and ImageReady for 2D, and Google SketchUp (free version, so no export) for 3D.

Skills: I have written a story, based on EV:C. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/589046/ For the graphics link: http://dashmerc.deviantart.com.

Experience: I have worked on (4 times and lost everything) the Hopefully Soon to Come (Now probably never to come) Boozerama Bar plugin.

Availability: Just ask me, and I'll let you know. I have to work it around school for now, but I'll likely be able to put in a couple of hours a week.

AIM: DashMercATP
YIM: Dash_Merc
MSN: Dash_Merc@yahoo.com (do not email here, I do not check it)
Gmail: Dash.Merc (forwarding account, replies may come from a different account)

This post has been edited by Dash_Merc : 26 December 2007 - 06:23 PM

Name: general11 (Nik Dryden)

Development Platform: WinNova

Tools Available: EVNEW 1.0.4, PhotoShop 7, Terragen 0.9.0.19 (registered), Terranim 2.1.4 BETA, WorldMachine .99 BETA, VirtualDub 1.5.10, MS Paint, MS Word, Notepad, and Wordpad.

Skills: Terragen, WorldMachine, Terragen animations, space images in PhotoShop 7, almost all aspects of EVNEW, and some writing.

Experience: My own plugins, EVN: Final Days, Kemet: Final Legacy, and Project Inferno.

Availability: Small quick projects like a few landing pics, nebula, planet, or a quick plug.

general11@gmail.com
PM on Ambrosia, Kemet?, or Final Days? boards.
IRC: general11 on irc.ambrosia.net in #evdc, #kontik, and/or #arpia2.

This post has been edited by general11 : 25 May 2005 - 07:49 PM

I'm taking myself off the list.

This post has been edited by poofy107 : 08 March 2006 - 11:31 PM

Name: Aaron (Heero)

Platform: PC Nova

Tools: Photoshop CS, EVNew and Word.

Skills: Writing (any kind), Limited Graphics (Still learning the trade) and Plug-in creation (Very limited right now, as I don't even have a registered Nova copy).

Experience: Several months of Roleplying online, and have written several short stories. My graphics experience has been limited to Avatar and Signature banners so far, along with some minor texture edits in a few 3D games. Plug-in creation, well, I've looked through the nova files with EVNew. That's about it.

Availability: Depends. If it sounds good enough to me I'll do it. If it's a small, one day job or so I can spare the time for anything.

Email: heeroavaren@gmail.com
AIM: Heero Avaren
YIM: qqkgf
MSN: qqkgf@hotmail.com
IRC: Server: irc.gamesurge.net Channel: #complexity Name: Heero

Name: Terrabite3

Development platform: EVN via PC. (I guess I could pull out my mac)

Tools available: EVNEW, Wings3D, Friend who can sketch ships

Skills: Several years worth of working with EV, EVO, EVN. A little graphics experience with Wings. Tons of HTML experience and also CSS and (hopefuly) some JavaScript soon. Little writing skills.

Experience: Not very much. I've been tinkering with EV and later EVN for years, but I never was able to do a big project without losing intrest. I am currently working on a TC with my friend, but it may flop. All we have is sketches for ships and a few basic models. And a basic plot. I also started a TC for EV about 5 or 6 years ago, but got about .00001% done. I had a title.

Availability: Not much now, but I'll probably be availible for any projects around summer. My previously mentioned TC will take up some of my time (but not all of it) if it doesn't flop. I'd love to build a website or get some simple manual labor EV scripting jobs.

E-mail: Terrabite3@gmail.com
AIM: Terrabite3
AIM: Terrabite4
YIM: Terrabite3

Name: Asmodean

Platform: EV:N for Windows

Tools: EVNEW, Lightwave 7.5 and 8 (I like 7.5's interface better), Photoshop CS, Terragen 0.9.0.19 (registered too), MS Word, Flash MX

Skills: 3D experience, all of High School, now I just create stuff for fun. Landscapes in Terragen and planet pics with some Photoshop plugs (flaming pear)

Experience: Just my own plugs (none released to the public)

Availability: Some, but since I am an Astrophysics major I really have limited time to work on even my own stuff, so I could do some planet pics and landing pics and maybe graphics for an outfit or two, but beyond that it'd be tough to get me to do anything else

E-mail: flayed_one@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: see above (e-mail)

Please note: I have some plug making skills, but I am advertising my writing skills here.

Name: pp0u20e8

Development platform: Not particularly fussed. I'm on PC, but seeing as I will probably just be doing writing, I don't think it matters either way.

Tools available: EVNEW

Skills: Writing. Given a basic storyline, I can write missions. Given a basic idea for an outfit, I can write a description for it. Basically, it's your plug - give me what you need done and I can do it. I don't want people contacting me to say "I'm doing a plug, can you make me a storyline?" because if I've got an idea, I'll do it myself.
Experience:** I have written a few plugs, but none that I have felt worthy of the add ons page, but that's not really what I'm advertising. Ok, writing experience: I won a writing competition when I was 16... :p. I'm a student teacher, and I'm currently in the process of writing my first teen novel, which I hope to have published. I have also written 16 assignments this year for uni, which have totalled 22500 words. I have been praised (at times ridiculously) highly on my writing skills and use of the English language, and have had the whole of two mistakes pointed out, both of which were typos. I think 2 out of 22500 words ain't bad.

Availability: It all depends on my university situation at the time. I can spend up to a term in school at times, and I will not be available for that duration. I am, however, fully available for the next 3 - 4 months.

e-mail: supremebeing99@hotmail.com / pp0u20e8@gmail.com (I would advise sending a copy to both. I would also advise sending a private message here first)

Please do not attempt to contact me through MSN messenger. Email me or PM me, and if the idea gets off the ground, we can chat on MSN etc. then.

I would like to add that I am not a fan of vapourware. Especially when my hard work and unpaid time has gone into it. If your plug has a high chance of failing, please refrain from contacting me until it is stable.

Thanks

pp0

This post has been edited by pp0u20e8 : 27 May 2005 - 10:23 AM

Name: Bret Little

Development platform: EV: Nova - Windows and Novell Linux Desktop

Tools available: Photoshop CS, Terragen, Corel Painter, The GIMP, Cinema 4D, Dreamweaver

Skills: Specifically Specialize in landscape and space scapes. Astrophysics College Student. Web experience, PHP, JAVA, Databases etc. See website: visination.com

Experience: Professional space graphics for Space.com and for starrynight.com, Planetarium graphics, graphics for space simulators.

Availability: All. Large projects, small projects and TC's.

email: contactusATvisination.com

Do you have a skill? Can you do graphics? Do you understand every nuance of developing for EV:C, EV:O or EV:N? Can you write? Are you un-employed? Let the community know what you can do!
(Post your resume like this:)

Name: Klompeman91(Caleb Van Klompenberg, Klompe if I get to know you or if you are being friendly)

Development platform: EV: Nova Windows

Tools available: EVNEW

Skills: Writing for anything(preambles, descs, storyline, sci-fiction) NO GRAPHICAL SKILLS WHAT SO EVER

Experience: I've made a couple of plugins for my self complete sucsess)

Availability: Anything Large projects, small projects and TC's( might take a while to get downloaded

e-mail: klompeman91@gmail.com

Name : Josh Jackson

Availability : I'm no longer available to work on Escape Velocity Plugins. Admins, you may delete this post.

This post has been edited by Jak205 : 25 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

Name : LittleMatty

Development platform : EVN (PC and Mac), EVO and EVC

Tools available : ResEdit (+NovaTools), EVNew, Extreme3D 2

Skills : Ship design (stats and description), basic graphics (nowhere near Nova standard), plugin development

Experience : Minor plugins, mainly cheaters for Empire: War without End and Frozen Heart on EVO

Availability : Anything and everything, preferably Nova.

Email : littlematty@gmail.com

Name: FedKiller

Develoment Platform: Mac Nova (OS X)

Tools available: Mission Computer, Photoshop (sometimes), MS Word, TextEdit.

Skills: Writing descs, storylines, etc. I can make basic plugins, but I have not posted any. I can edit spöbs, make chärs, make oütfs, make wëaps, but thats about it.

Availibility: A couple hours, a couple days a week- small plugins, or bigger ones, but that may take a while.

Contact: PM me or ask for E-Mail address. PM should work, as I check this board every 5 minutes or so.

Name: Trichedronus

Development Platform: Nova, Override, Classic

Tools Available: ResEdit, Nova Tools, Mission Computer, Wings 3D (graphics)

Skills: Making explosions in 3D, Thinking up pictures, Drawing guns and people in armor

Experience: Making stronger versions of existing ships, Editing data files (ex. giving missles unlimited ammo)

Availbablity: Medium plugs. Can make graphics if you give me a graphics making application

This post has been edited by Trichedronus : 04 July 2005 - 12:51 PM

Name: nuku

Development platform: Preferably EVN

Tools available: Terragen 0.9, Mission Computer 3.1, Photoshop Elements 2

Skills: Use of the above programs. Writing for dëscs, not missions. Graphics sort of.

Experience: Working on Hostile Waters TC and have done a few small plugs.

Availability: Anything.

e-mail: nuku@lonukee.cjb.net

AIM: igluek

Name: Septcanmat

Development platform: EVN

Tools available: Mission Computer, Wings 3D, Strata

Skills: 3D Modelling, I can do most things that you are allowed to do with MC (I'm pretty good with maps actually), I can write pretty well (as in descs or just storylines, etc.).

Experience: I was part of a three person team that was making a TC called Solar System (Later rename Clash of the Titans), but unfortunately it began to fall apart as one of the developpers mysteriously vanished. I also just do stuff in MC or Wings when I'm bored to see what I can do.

Availability: I'm available for anything.

e-mail: imat90@hotmail.com
AIM: septcanmat

This post has been edited by Septcanmat : 10 July 2005 - 07:53 PM

Not doing this anymore. Mods feel free to delete.

This post has been edited by Matrix : 24 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

Name: Robin (Page 5 is my real name, though)

Development Platform: EV Nova (Mac) or EV Classic if I dust off my old 68k.

Tools Available: Er... Whatever. I can download anything that's free, and if it's not free, I refuse to use it. Except Appleworks...

Skills: Writing, (I'm currently failing all my other classes so I can take writing classes, if that gives you a hint as to how much I like it), basic plug edits (I never published anything, but I made more than the generic OMG SUPERSHUTTLE plugs, including a giant new scenario which has since been lost), and, no one has ever mentioned this before, but I play electric guitar and have access to a recording studio. Escape Velocity needs more music, right? Only problem is I can't read music. Whatever.

Experience: Approximately a solid year of plug editing several years ago. Trying to get back into the swing of things with all these new fangled games.

Availability: This is entirely based on whether I think the project is cool or not. If it's cool, I'll help a lot. If it's not, I'll help a little bit. But I'm still in school, so I really don't have too much free time. Well, too much free time that I'm not spending playing the game, anyway.

Email: captain.sinbad@gmail.com
AIM: Ceraziefish