New ambitouse Ares Plug-In

Hi,
I am looking for someone who has had prevoius experience writing Ares plug-ins. Particulerly, good, well edited, much time needed to make plugs.
I am having a bit of trouble myself, and i just need someone who can program, and some else who is good with graphics. I myself have no art programs so i cant do it myself, but i have ship desighns, plot, and story lines. Please reply!

thanx
Barbrossa

you can reply here, or send me an E-mail at mpg51@gis.net

------------------

1. No time.
2. I am having some technical problems.
3. No graphic editor. :frown:

------------------
Disadvantage has its own advantages. - Commodore Vahrn La'harrh

While it's reasonably possible you might find someone to do your graphics for you, it's highly unlikely you'll find anyone to code your entire plug for you. It's not like EV, where conception and implementation are two different things; in Ares, it would be fairly torturous for someone who didn't understand coding to give instructions to a programmer without giving them a lot of creative license. So much that it's pretty much their plugin.

Anyway, though it isn't Nova, you might try (url="http://"http://www.ev-nova.net/news/classifieds.html")here(/url) for your artist.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

The only way to learn how to use Hera is to use it! Although it is not a particularly user friendly software tool practice will perfect..., and lots of back up files!
And as for spelling, I use a spell check in my plugs... 🙂
(Hmm, perhaps Hera should incorporate a spell checker...)

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

(QUOTE)Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
(B)While it's reasonably possible you might find someone to do your graphics for you, it's highly unlikely you'll find anyone to code your entire plug for you. It's not like EV, where conception and implementation are two different things; in Ares, it would be fairly torturous for someone who didn't understand coding to give instructions to a programmer without giving them a lot of creative license. So much that it's pretty much their plugin.

Anyway, though it isn't Nova, you might try (url="http://"http://www.ev-nova.net/news/classifieds.html")here(/url) for your artist.

Ya, that site you gave me really helped, i do no a bit about ares plugs, such as what can and can't be done, their could be someone out there that likes programming, it'll just take some time to find them, any way thanx for the advice
Barbrossa

------------------

Hera is a ridiculously easy-to-use tool. There is absolutely nothing separating someone over the age of 8 from creating a good plugin with it( except perhaps for the all-too-common doom of spelling and grammar 😉 )

Seriously, just fire up hera_reference.html in the Hera Documentation folder( Ares:Hera :Documentation: I believe and do both the tutorials. You'll be set to code in no time. If you need more tips just drop em at the Engineering Board and we'll(we may be an overstatement of the people remaining 😉 ) help ya out.

------------------
lala i need a sig...maybe i should put random snippets of code from my "undisclosed project" down here 😉

(quote)Originally posted by Patrick:
**Hera is a ridiculously easy-to-use tool. There is absolutely nothing separating someone over the age of 8 from creating a good plugin with it( except perhaps for the all-too-common doom of spelling and grammar;) I think...

------------------
Ares and EV:Nova plugin writer and all around helpful guy...

Ridiculously easy in some cases... ridiculously hard in other cases.

------------------
Disadvantage has its own advantages. - Commodore Vahrn La'harrh

(quote)Originally posted by Ragashingo:
**(quote)Originally posted by Patrick:
**Hera is a ridiculously easy-to-use tool. There is absolutely nothing separating someone over the age of 8 from creating a good plugin with it( except perhaps for the all-too-common doom of spelling and grammar I think...

****(/quote)
So what do you meen to say?

------------------

I would recommend making it in EVN since it will draw a bigger audience, if respect is your thing. However art form can be easily attained in Ares too.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
opinion change 9/24/02: Human society is a complex metaphor for slavery.