RLE Error

It might have to do with the inherent govt of the Borg ships, and how they are set to react to the possession of illegal outfits. Not positive about that, though. I have not really played with those resources much.

A ship's inherent government has nothing to do with AI ships, only when the player flies one of those ships. Beyond that, I'm not sure what's causing your problem.

is there a way to "set" the way they react to an illegal outfit? I thought that just setting the scanmask flag was enough for them to consider it illegal and attack you.

if there is some other setting that I'm missing please let me know.

Thanks;

geoff

As far as I know, that's all you need to do. However, to make a ship perform scanning duties, it needs to have an inherent AI of 'interceptor' and its düde resource needs to either give it the same AI or let it use its own. Otherwise, it won't scan the player much, if at all.

If this is what you've done, then I'm not quite sure what you did wrong, assuming you even did anything wrong.

This post has been edited by darthkev : 10 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

That could be the problem. If the AI is not set to interceptor, I don't know if the ships will attempt to stop you.

well I tried playing around with that stuff but to no avale, so I thought I would post some screenshots of my current set-up to see if you guys can see a problem.

Sorry for the smaller image size but I only have dial-up at home and it's easier for me to upload smaller images. If it's too small let me know and I can upload a larger one.

Thanks;

geoff

Do the systems in which you want to be scanned belong to gövt ID 197? If not, try turning on 'Attacks players in non-allied systems' in your gövt resource.

that was a good thought David. i thought that that may have been the problem as I have the ships appear in an empty system, but alas I had made the space borg teritory. I tried turning that option on, just to try, but it made no dofference unfortunately.

I've made a screenshot of all the resources involved with this and I'll post it tomorrow from work where I have access to high-speed.

Maybe that will shed some light on this, unless you guys have another thought?

thanks again for all the time and effort all of you all are putting into helping me solve this, I really do appreciate it!

Geoff

I see two things that might (or might not) have something to do with it.
Crime tolerance is set at 1000 and smuggling penalty at 0, I'm not sure that this has anything to do with it but I thought it might. Besides 1000 crime tolerance is really a bit excessive unless you want the Borg to never be angry at the player.
Also maximum odds are set to 0, I think that might prevent the Borg from attacking anyone ever.

I second peko's suggestions. Also, for skill multiplier, only values of 1-50 are accepted. A value of 100 in the gövt resource might also be causing problems.

sorry I haven't replied sooner but I had to put the project on hiatus for a little bit. Anyway I'll update you all now on the status.

For reasons unknown to me the plug-in seems to work just fine now. Well as long as I run it on my powermac anyway. It seems to work just fine on that system but still acts up on my macbook pro. Either way it's probably just a problem with my Nova installation which is good to know.

So once again thank you to everyone that helped make this plug-in playable. I will be posting it to the add on files section once I get all the descriptions completed. Bare in mind it wont be anything super special but it will have functioning Borg ships.

Thanks again;

Geoff