LEGION: Microspace

Those are actually quite nice, the last two especially!

Thank you. The Alliance ships were definitely a little more "inspired" than those of the Confederation. Here's the rest of the Scion ships:

Scion Explorer
These medium ships travel the outer reaches of known space, launching probes and gathering information on new FTL routes.

Scion Voyager
While these large science vessels are used to explore newly-discovered sectors and study interstellar phenomena, they also double as cruise liners; indeed, this is one of Scion's greater sources of funds, and the onboard Scoutships used for close-range surveys often give planetside tours as well.

And I've got a few newscale strike craft as well!

Confed Fighter/Attacker

Alliance Heavy Fighter

As always, opinions and constructive criticism are not only welcome - they are necessary!

Can I just pop my head in and say that this is possibly one of the coolest things I've ever seen?

this is pretty cool, i would help out but i dont really have the time or the know how to do it but i do however have about 70 ships already built but i dont really know how to put them as a rled or anything
biggest ship is 90 dots things long by 40 wide and about 8 cm high, has 10 blasters on it and looks like it couls fit a couple very small fighters into the back

This post has been edited by Admiral Max : 17 April 2009 - 10:50 PM

@pipe: I would like that very much!

@Max: It might be neat to see what you've built. Pick a few of your favorites and put their pictures on Flickr or something, then link them here.

Got one more ship for tonight!

Alliance Gunboat

(Yes I know I left its base on.)

This post has been edited by Ianator : 17 April 2009 - 11:53 PM

Hi, I'm new here, but I was intrigued by this idea and thought I'd try my hand at modeling a capital ship.
Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to duplicate the turrets on the bottom.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Radiant Phoenix : 20 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

Confederation Gunship

Things have been a little busy with another project, so updates may be a little slower than usual. That, and the Confed Patrol Ship is giving me a hard time. I could use a little creative input, so don't be shy if part of a ship doesn't seem to click with you!

@Phoenix: That's a good start. I'll see if I can take the idea somewhere.

Just minor, but could you put some of the upside-down slanty bricks (the ones like l_/) behind those front guns under the wing? It might be just me, but seeing big guns suddenly appear at the very end looks odd.

Okay, I've got to say... the more I think about this idea, the more awesome it gets.

awesome, just awesome, lego hector coming through! :hector_bird:

Sorry I'm late! Here's the last of my old-style Civvie transports, plus one of the "missing" Rim ships:

Courier

Journeyman

Freighter

Bulk Transport

Alliance War Freighter

And another new-scale ship:

Courier (I need to work on remembering those bases...)

Well, as long as they aren't expected to operate sub-orbitally, the extra drag produced by the pedestal shouldn't be too much of a concern. :laugh:

What the hell? How did I miss this?! A TC made of LEGO? Thats like beyond awesome.

I wish you all luck and speed with this endeavor. Looks fun. 🆒

P.S. The plot seems very EV:Classic-esque, if you ask me.

Looks pretty cool. what will the planets look like? lego space stations?

Planets will look the same as they always have - after all, even our jagged, mountainy Earth is proportionally smoother than a marble shooter (or so I hear). Stations will probably be LEGO-fied like the ships, though.

This post has been edited by Ianator : 28 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Ianator @ Apr 28 2009, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Planets will look the same as they always have - after all, even our jagged, mountainy Earth is proportionally smoother than a marble shooter (or so I hear). Stations will probably be LEGO-fied like the ships, though.

Hm. I would probably use other toys for planets, perhaps snipped from photos. Things like this, maybe:

Or other things of the sort on that page. (There oughta be a better-focused photo of this puzzle toy elsewhere, though.)

Balls could be good. Here's one I particularly like:

The texture of that one is good. I like that it's big; bigger -- even much bigger -- would be good as well. That was just found on a store web page via a Google image search.

Basically, I'd try to extend a "play-room" theme from the ships to the planets, one way or another.

**I think this is a very cool idea. LEGO offers a wealth of opportunities for things you can do outside the realm of the normal game. Not sure how I feel about the scenario as it stands; it seems to me to be a re-imagining of the original EV stock scenario. What I'd love to see is the 90's LEGO space universe brought to life; just think of the possibilites. You have the universally good explorers, (I believe they were the Futurons or something like that) the wealth-driven mining/prospecting M-Trons, the aggressive and evil for no particular reason Blacktrons (two generations worth, nonetheless, perhaps an Old Guard and a New Guard?) Throw in the Space Police (two generations of them, as well) as the strong arm of the universal government, the Ice Guys (Can't recall their name to save my life) the Spy Force and the Robot Dudes and you'd have a pretty interesting universe. I don't know what they've done in the past decade or so but those early space sets were very cool and unique. I've probably forgotten a few of them here and there.

Check here for reference: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/system/space&v=c

(And a trip down memory lane for us old older folks who grew up with this stuff..)

Lego digital designer is actually a fun tool to use; being not graphically inclined I was using it back in the planning stages of my EVN plug-in that never got off the ground, to try and map out ship designs for the graphics guys. I'll try and dig up the old carrier model (which was gigantic) and post some pics here. I don't think the detail work was ever finished but it does go to show what you can do in terms of scale.

_bomb

QUOTE (Bomb @ Apr 29 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

. . .the Ice Guys (Can't recall their name to save my life) . . .

'Ice Planet 2002', I believe. There were also the 'Exploriens' later on who had a similar, though defrosted, theme.

Boy, does that take me back. I used to love all the space Lego stuff, and I had almost the entire Aquanaut collection as well. (I was really big into that when seaQuest was a popular show.) Heck, even still today in my mid-twenties, I'm not opposed to taking out the big ol' Lego bucket and wasting an afternoon building starships complete with warp cores, thrusters, or anything else that crosses my mind.

I do like the idea of setting this in the Lego-verse, and re-animating all the old M-tron models and everything else. I'm not sure if you can even find the little model manuals on how to put them all together anymore. I have a handful of Blacktron manuals from when I was about five, but I don't have much that goes back past about age ten.

QUOTE (krugeruwsp @ Apr 29 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boy, does that take me back. I used to love all the space Lego stuff, and I had almost the entire Aquanaut collection as well. (I was really big into that when seaQuest was a popular show.) Heck, even still today in my mid-twenties, I'm not opposed to taking out the big ol' Lego bucket and wasting an afternoon building starships complete with warp cores, thrusters, or anything else that crosses my mind.

I do like the idea of setting this in the Lego-verse, and re-animating all the old M-tron models and everything else. I'm not sure if you can even find the little model manuals on how to put them all together anymore. I have a handful of Blacktron manuals from when I was about five, but I don't have much that goes back past about age ten.

**I have a number of them with the rest of the ancient Lego collection back at the folk's house. I haven't lived there in years but I think they're keeping them around for grandkids. It would take quite a bit of re-imagining but if you combine the two generations of blacktrons you end up with a good deal of starships, and the futurons had several cruisers as well.. The M-Trons could present a problem as their main ship was a smaller cargo ship "Stellar Recon Voyager" (I only know that because I got it for christmas way, way back..:) ) but their giant ship was actually a land vehicle. With a few modifications it could become a gigantic space cruiser. Same goes for the anyone else who doesn't have the large ships. Plus, even the largest scale cruisers in Lego world would be tiny in comparison to anything in EV/O/N. Could be kind of fun to try and work up though.

M-Tron magnet weapons would be fun to tool around with. And Ice guns too.

_bomb

QUOTE (David Arthur @ Apr 29 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'Ice Planet 2002', I believe. There were also the 'Exploriens' later on who had a similar, though defrosted, theme.

**That's the one. Thanks. With a bit of creative wrangling, they could be an elite special ops unit/wing of any of the other groups, most notably the M-Trons, as I think it would be a bit too restrictive to say they are their own race who just happens to only inhabit frozen worlds. Sort of a hard way to build an empire..:) I love how all of their ships come with skis for landing.

_bomb