OK, I'm Officially Stumped

We all know and love the good ol' Sigma Mount Reinforcement. So, in Anathema, where some ships can't use Sigma upgrades, I put in something of the same spirit: a retool that converts one turret hardpoint to a gun hardpoint. I made it possible to buy 2 of them.

When I buy one such outfit, it works fine. However, buying a second fails to add a gun mount. Can anybody reproduce this effect, and/or does anybody know a workaround that doesn't require making two separate outfits? (I'm down to four outfit slots and have had to cannibalize the Polaris and Vell-os string outfits.)

On an unrelated topic, does anybody know a workaround for the "dead" time on homing weapons? I've got a front-quadrant turret that subs into a low turn rate homing weapon, but the count is too short for the homing to kick in. Is there a way around this, or am I going to be stuck with mucking with speed/count or scrapping the idea?

@archon, on Jan 18 2009, 03:39 PM, said in OK, I'm Officially Stumped:

We all know and love the good ol' Sigma Mount Reinforcement. So, in Anathema, where some ships can't use Sigma upgrades, I put in something of the same spirit: a retool that converts one turret hardpoint to a gun hardpoint. I made it possible to buy 2 of them.

When I buy one such outfit, it works fine. However, buying a second fails to add a gun mount. Can anybody reproduce this effect, and/or does anybody know a workaround that doesn't require making two separate outfits? (I'm down to four outfit slots and have had to cannibalize the Polaris and Vell-os string outfits.)

On an unrelated topic, does anybody know a workaround for the "dead" time on homing weapons? I've got a front-quadrant turret that subs into a low turn rate homing weapon, but the count is too short for the homing to kick in. Is there a way around this, or am I going to be stuck with mucking with speed/count or scrapping the idea?

Oh, yea, This has been known about for an unfortunately long while. Turret gain outfits do not stack. There is no way sans a bonus outfit.

Grr...

OK thanks for that!

You'll have to mess around with the speed/count for a while until you get the effect you want.