Nova on PSP

I actually managed to do this.

With my friends, I got Basilisk 2 running on a PSP, installed Mac OS 8.1, which can run Nova, and managed to get it working. Using a handy program to bind keys, the basic keys are connected, and it actually runs. It does go really slow, but according to the website, that will be fixed (Soon).

Now to get it registered :).

thats pretty cool. did you already have it registered, and you need to re-register it on the new platform, or do you need to buy it for the first time?

Well, I need to get my code that I (of course) put somewhere safe, which means the half of my hard disk. Stand by...

That's awesome. Probably hard to do with such a small screen (is this the Fed offer? Or the Polaris? I can't read!), but it's cool.

@timmytiptoe, on Jul 10 2008, 10:43 AM, said in Nova on PSP:

With my friends, I got Basilisk 2 running on a PSP, installed Mac OS 8.1, which can run Nova, and managed to get it working. Using a handy program to bind keys, the basic keys are connected, and it actually runs. It does go really slow, but according to the website, that will be fixed (Soon).

Now to get it registered 🙂 .

begins clapping That is awesome. Now if you can add a USB keyboard to it, you could play Nova normally, as if it were just your computer (only much, much slower). 😉

That is frickin awesome!

If you wanted to get it perfect for the PSP, get someone that's good with the DLOG and DITL resources to resize everything to the resolution of the PSP. Change up the font and you should be good. I am not one of these people.

Well, accidentally we found out that 8.5.1 can't run on a PSP, so we have to install 8.1 all over again.

But about the DLOG and DTIL idea: great. I'm going to try it when 8.1 is back online.

EVN on the PSP... I love it.

Can I see some screenshots of this? Not that I don't believe you but I'd like to actually see it.

Dude, you can't take screens on a PSP...

@captjosh, on Jul 30 2008, 03:34 AM, said in Nova on PSP:

Digital camera picture of the front of the PSP while Nova is running?

I support this notion. I'd like to see this as well.

@captjosh, on Jul 30 2008, 04:34 AM, said in Nova on PSP:

If he's running Mac on it, he just might be able to...

i am Timmytiptoes friend

the InFo

1. we run basilisk 2 1.0 opensoursh version thats portet to the psp
2. the psp is running firmware 4.1 M33-2 (M33 means its cracked so u can run unregistert programs for example basilisk 2)
3. the emulator runs on dualcore procesor 333 and a 164 and only 44 mb ram it wont get higher the psp slim and light has 64mb but it can only use 44mb if we set more then 44mb it will crash
4. the mac os emulator, basilisk cant handel os higher then 8.1 so we chosed 8.1

start time of mac os 8.1 wen proccesor is overclocked to 333mhz and the ram is set 44mb the start time is around 1:30
EV nova start time around 1U i have give up nova it will never work corect
EV clasic wont work screen stays black and nothing hapends

here i need som help timitiptoe is on vacation at the moment so i cant ask him

EV override works perfect i think i am saying somthing realy stupid but i create a new pillot and click entership it sayed pilot died is this a bug or somthing mayby somthing with registration

@mwalk, on Jul 27 2008, 11:02 PM, said in Nova on PSP:

Can I see some screenshots of this? Not that I don't believe you but I'd like to actually see it.

i will take a screen soon i am going on vakation in 3 days so i am not shure if i can make 1 for u

CaptJosh, on Jul 27 2008, 03:34 AM, said:

yes u can my psp is cracked thare a lot of plugins who can make screenshots and even movies

i sorry for my bad english i have dislexia and i am from holland

@thats-the-way-it-is, on Jul 31 2008, 11:01 AM, said in Nova on PSP:

EV override works perfect i think i am saying somthing realy stupid but i create a new pillot and click entership it sayed pilot died is this a bug or somthing mayby somthing with registration

Welcome to the ASW Boards, Thats the way it is! Enjoy your stay and be blessed by the light of Lathander!

If you haven't registered EV Nova, you won't be able to work with any total conversion for EV Nova.

If you've got 8.1 running, you should try the original EV. Sounds pretty cool, and I second the request for pictures (video would be even better).

Thats is indeed my partner in crime.
Well, not a lot of crime as we have done something really cool. 🙂

I am indeed on vacation, and I was not able to reply as our neighbour destroyed our internet connection. (Don't ask. To fix it, we needed to manually relocate the whole antenna. It was that, or buy a 100-metres cable.)

Being on vacation, I do not have any form of system software with me except for the install disks that came with my MacBook, so that won't help.
With Basilisk on my computer only having installed 7.5.5 it won't be able to run Override smoothly. (It even won't run EVC in a normal tempo that doesn't include waiting a minute before landing on any planet.)

When I'm home, I'll immediately start searching for the 8.1 CD.
Expect more to come!

@timmytiptoe, on Jul 10 2008, 06:43 PM, said in Nova on PSP:

Now to get it registered :).

Could u do it on DS please.
I know how to send it to nintendo.

very very nice
what do you do if you need to use one of the keys you didn't bind?