Stargate Nova

Still alive and kicking

Hey all, just a quick post to let you know that stargate nova is still being developed, today marked the 10% milestone as I posted half the galaxy map for the milkyway had been completed with over 125 (not sure exactly but its definately above this) planets in game and working properly, thats about halfway.

Drop us a line if you're interested... (website is in the sig)
|
|
|
v

Ooh, looks interesting, it does. 🙂

Couple of little spelling errors on the website:

- Pretty sure his name is Hayes
- Milky Way is two words
- Benifit is one of those words I can never spell right, but I do know it's not spelt "benifet"
- It's O'Neill-class
- Al'kesh has an apostrophe
- The planet is called "Abydon", and it's meant to be the closest planet to Earth with a Stargate - you've got it quite some way out.
- The line "Other races such as the Aschen, Nox, Genii, Hothans will have special mention and we even have a surprise race in store." appears twice on the Races page, albeit the second time without mentioning the Aschen. Also, how about the Tollans? I know Anubis went all blammo at them, but I'm sure some must have survived.
- I have some quibbles about your assertion that any of the Ori followers remain a threat after The Ark of Truth.
- I'd be surprised if Earth continued making Prometheus-class ships. Ditto for the Goa'uld making any more of Apophis' or Anubis' special Ha'taks, especially since Anubis' Ha'tak was specifically designed for the Eye-based weapon, which got destroyed. Are we going to see any Needle Threaders? 😄
- I'm not sure of those systems names in one of the screenshots... though that screenshot is almost a year old, so it's possible you've already changed them.

@belthazar, on Apr 15 2008, 09:54 AM, said in Stargate Nova:

- Benifit is one of those words I can never spell right, but I do know it's not spelt "benifet"

Aye, Belthy, it's "bEnEfIt" 😉

Ah dam, i have so many copies of websites on my hard drive i don't know where the latest is and i must have uploaded an old version because i was sure i had fixed half these issues... anyway working on it now.

- Pretty sure his name is Hayes --- Yes you are right i have made the change now.

- Milky Way is two words --- Yes you are right i have made the change now.

- It's O'Neill-class --- fixed

- Al'kesh has an apostrophe --- fixed

- The planet is called "Abydon", and it's meant to be the closest planet to Earth with a Stargate - you've got it quite some way out. --- no its Abydos is the planet name but i called the system Abydonia and yeah i made the changes to put abydos and helipolis closest to Sol with stargates but doesn't mean they are the closest systems.

- The line "Other races such as the Aschen, Nox, Genii, Hothans will have special mention and we even have a surprise race in store." appears twice on the Races page, albeit the second time without mentioning the Aschen. Also, how about the Tollans? I know Anubis went all blammo at them, but I'm sure some must have survived. --- Fixed thank you

- I have some quibbles about your assertion that any of the Ori followers remain a threat after The Ark of Truth. --- Given the powerful technology they have who's to say that one of the Priors or the Doci don't get it into their head to dominate the universe anyway. Tobin appeared to be the one setup to be the new leader of the Ori followers but as this is set 20 odd years in the future you never know... writer's prerogative.

- I'd be surprised if Earth continued making Prometheus-class ships. Ditto for the Goa'uld making any more of Apophis' or Anubis' special Ha'taks, especially since Anubis' Ha'tak was specifically designed for the Eye-based weapon, which got destroyed. Are we going to see any Needle Threaders? --- Again this is one of those situations where 20 years in the future don't know whats going to happen. The Anubis ship was shown to have been built twice and while the Apophis ship was shown to have only been built once the tokra could have got hold of the plans for it and started building them as capital ships, in any case they are extremely rare and will prolly only be encountered in mission strings, and yes the needle threaders are in the game. As for the eye, Ba'al has had 20 years to recreate it, and while the effects of SG:Continuum are yet to be known i'm sure that its not the last Ba'al we will see

- I'm not sure of those systems names in one of the screenshots... though that screenshot is almost a year old, so it's possible you've already changed them. --- they are mostly reference names for the systems while i put planets and stuff in, i entered all the systems first then started working on the planets some still need to be named properly

@lostpinky, on Apr 16 2008, 06:40 AM, said in Stargate Nova:

I have trouble with that too; just remember that the typical prefix meaning "good" is "bene," as in benefactor. It works for me anyways.

Anyways, it's good to see that the project's still going! I have 0 knowledge of Stargate other than there are gates that presumably have something to do with stars, but the little bits I've seen from your progress look absolutely awesome!

@lostpinky, on Apr 16 2008, 05:40 PM, said in Stargate Nova:

- The planet is called "Abydon", and it's meant to be the closest planet to Earth with a Stargate - you've got it quite some way out. --- no its Abydos is the planet name but i called the system Abydonia and yeah i made the changes to put abydos and helipolis closest to Sol with stargates but doesn't mean they are the closest systems.

Blah, it is Abydos - how did I manage to type an N? I blame you for confusing me. Points accusing fingers 😛 That said, I thing some of the systems you've got closer to Earth are mentioned in the series as having Stargates... though I couldn't really say that for sure.

@archon, on Apr 17 2008, 02:00 AM, said in Stargate Nova:

I have trouble with that too; just remember that the typical prefix meaning "good" is "bene," as in benefactor. It works for me anyways.

Ooh, nice - I'll see if I can't remember that. 😄

I'd like to defend the construction of the old Prometheus class. All modern navies do not have just one type of ship for all tasks, and that is the idea with bringing back the Prometheus Class Battlecruiser.

The Prometheus' main missions:
1. Routine work. The Daedalus class is made specifically for battle and defense, and to permanently regulate all BC-304s in the Commonwealth fleet to routine patrols would severely weaken Earth's ability to mount an effective defense.
2. High-risk missions like border patrols and planetary exploration. In comparison to the Daedalus, the Prometheus class is cheaper and easier to build. Losing a Prometheus is not as big a deal as losing a Daedalus. Granted, the idea is not to lose any ships on patrol or exploration missions, but accidents, invasions, and the discovery of xenophobic aliens do happen.

Also, the idea is that technology under the Commonwealth is much more accessable. Poorer countries that need spacecraft will build BC-303s rather than BC-304s as they are cheaper and easier to maintain. In addition, some military technology will be declassified. This means civilians will be able to buy CH-303s (Cargo Hauler), essentially BC-303s stripped of some of their more powerful hardware and equipment.

So as you guys can see we have plenty of ideas going, as well as other types of non-cannon ships being considered for inclusion.

And at Belthazar, the planet list is from gateworld's omnipedia, plus there is an episode where carter says to oniel that there are only a small number of stars visible with the nanked eye from earth that have stargates.

So places like Alpha Cent and Sirius are the close systems to use in real life but don't have stargates but have become accessible thanks to the general ship based colonisation efforts.

You could always call Abydos' system Kaliem. Little reference to the original movie, there. 🙂

Belthazar, thats a great idea, i didn't even think of that.

Progress Log:

Things are moving a little faster it seems i've got a couple of guys now helping with outfits and stuff and the ideas are starting to bounce back and forth again which is great.

ScienceGuy8 has disappeared off the radar, prolly becuase of college not quite sure...

But we're still progressing and slowly getting there.