Escape Velocity: Collision

Just read it. All I have to say is this:

Wow. Just wow. :blink:

Can't wait to see more!

I wish I could have more to say than Mike.

I predict that the focus of the story will now shift to the probe-launching aliens.

Just wanted to let you know I appreciate the positive feedback. To be honest, Mike, I really didn't think it was all that great, but if you like it...well, there'll be more where that came from.

But not this week. No time for EV this week -- Prom is Friday.

The plot will now shift to our protagonist (i.e., the player), who still hasn't got a name, nor has his ship. And no, I can't just insert <PN> everywhere it is appropriate. I have to come up with an actual name, (that reminds me!) as well as an appearance. I've got Ory'Hara's appearance pretty much down, but no real name yet for him, either (yes, Ory'Hara needs a real name). The rest of where I'm going, I think I'm pretty good on. Would it be bad form to begin Chapter I with more action? I'd like to introduce the player with a little action, but it will be followed by several chapters of plot development (non-action sequences), so....I mean, I don't want to bore you guys to death, but I can't have action around every corner.

How are you supposed to meet Ory'Hara? At the end of the Polaris line, you become Ory'Hara, and thus become the entirety of the universe.

Collision follows the Rebel ending, with these differences. Thus, Ory'Hara is still human.

Don't you become Ory'Hara after the Rebel ending as well? As in even though you're a different person, you're still the same incarnation?

no i don't think so. because Ory'Hara was a polaris type name that the computer pulled up for some mission

computer.(with affection)-- scotty

@of-doom, on Apr 28 2008, 04:58 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

no i don't think so. because Ory'Hara was a polaris type name that the computer pulled up for some mission

computer.(with affection)-- scotty

That's true; your Rebel code-name is "randomly" generated as Ory-hara. However, Mu'Randa makes several comments about how "you may live up to your name after all" and something about "we have a legend about one named Ory'Hara," which given the whole Hand o' God that's so heavy throughout many of the storylines, makes me think that either one is indeed Ory'Hara.

Edit: nice quote there. :laugh:

This post has been edited by Archon : 28 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

Arguably, the player is manifested as Ory'Hara in one form or another in all the storylines except the Pirate string and possibly the Vell-os, as Ory'Hara is defined as the one who'd unite the galaxy.

I agree with Josh. In EVN, the Player is always Ory'Hara, no matter what string you complete. You may not wind up being the true "Ory'Hara", but you have his potentials and you are destined to unite the galaxy.